House Price Crash Forum

The Official Brexit - Remain Thread - All New Threads Will Be Merged Into This One

spyguy

HOLA441
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Sorry if this has been posted upthread haven't got time to check.Remain is having a tough time in the North and Mids.

Labour MP on the knock in Stoke.The PT instructor was super as was the cabbie.If this is how Stoke is voting,I suspect Parliamentary Labour will be praying that remain is saved by provinicial Tories.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/video/2016/jun/14/labour-supporters-brexit-stoke-on-trent-eu-referendum-video

Edited by Sancho Panza

HOLA443
HOLA444

Sorry if this has been posted upthread haven't got time to check.Remain is having a tough time in the North and Mids.

Labour MP on the knock in Stoke.The PT instructor was super as was the cabbie.If this is how Stoke is voting,I suspect Parliamentary Labour will be praying that remain is saved by provinicial Tories.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/video/2016/jun/14/labour-supporters-brexit-stoke-on-trent-eu-referendum-video

Yep the taxi driver nailed it

HOLA445
HOLA446

It wouldn't surprise me if Vote Leave wins by a landslide; I just don't believe this referendum is as close as the polls suggest.

Remains will win I expect. :( Status quo and no change when in the ballot booth...

HOLA447

I'm not sure what point the cretin Geldorf is trying to make, other than that he is an idiotic, charmless and quite offensive bit of work

Luckily, his nonsense will have added a few more percent to the leave vote.

Geldof-566500.jpg

The Ukip leader said the singer's actions were "just disgusting".

It's hard to disagree.

Edited by Errol

HOLA448

Bloody revolutions are required for the sort of change needed. Thomas Jefferson recognised this fact back in the 1800s:

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical.

Make no mistake, a bloody revolution is coming. That is why nations are trying to rush through a police state, sureveillance and internet controls etc.

Edited by Errol

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
I cannot help but think that one day a decent man/woman is going to lead this country into a place where a hard working person can earn enough to live in affordable and decent housing while having a good work life balance and collapse into tears as they realise how bad life has been and how conned they were longer and more than they had imagined,

Young people don't want a good life. They want a life of very high house prices, university debt, mass and uncontrolled immigration, and a crappy infrastructure. I'm not even being sarcastic. Literally, this is what young people want. This is what they vote for, time and time again.

HOLA4412

Quite simply they are lying, manipulating and threatening us until we give them what THEY want.

I cannot help but think that one day a decent man/woman is going to lead this country into a place where a hard working person can earn enough to live in affordable and decent housing while having a good work life balance and collapse into tears as they realise how bad life has been and how conned they were longer and more than they had imagined,

She did 25 years ago

HOLA4413

Young people don't want a good life. They want a life of very high house prices, university debt, mass and uncontrolled immigration, and a crappy infrastructure. I'm not even being sarcastic. Literally, this is what young people want. This is what they vote for, time and time again.

You are mistaken...that is what young people have been forced to accept, they now know nothing better !!! They cant see the alternative. They know something is wrong but cant put their finger on just exactly what it is.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Britain's "Leave" campaign opened up a 7-point lead over "Remain" ahead of a referendum on membership of the European Union an opinion poll showed late Monday, while the nation's biggest-selling newspaper urged readers to vote to quit the bloc.

The remain/bankers will eventually win.....but might be loosing the vote

HOLA4416

You are mistaken...that is what young people have been forced to accept, they now know nothing better !!! They cant see the alternative. They know something is wrong but cant put their finger on just exactly what it is.

No, they are pretty naive, conditioned but I'm amazed they are so placid. When I was a student we had a bit of spunk about us.

A tweet I got embroiled in gave the reason to remain as 'not wanting to lose the feeling of being European.'

Point out a few things that might be relevant and important to their lives and nothing, nada, zilch.

I suppose it'll take having to find a job, doing a shitty commute and paying ridiculous rent for the penny to drop.

Keeping kids in education until they are 23-24 is politically inspired. Cheap (they fund their education / lifestyle), in an unquestioning, reinforcing, multi-culti environment hugely propagandised, and also out of the jobs market whilst their jobs are being taken. Totally shafted. Boiling frogs.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Ask them how they feel about the treatment of the Greeks, the associated bailout of French/German banks and enforced austerity on ordinary Greeks to pay for it?

Quote some economic stats at them.

How does 'Bob' feel about the Irish banks and the bailout enforced on the ordinary Irish to keep German and French banks whole?

Blank faces all round.

"Racist."

Edited by Fully Detached

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

I'm not sure what point the cretin Geldorf is trying to make, other than that he is an idiotic, charmless and quite offensive bit of work

Luckily, his nonsense will have added a few more percent to the leave vote.

Geldof-566500.jpg

The Ukip leader said the singer's actions were "just disgusting".

It's hard to disagree.

Quite.

Sometimes I'm stunned by out of touch some of these elite types are.

The good thing about Bob is that he makes Bono look like he's got his feet on planet earth.

HOLA4422

This is class

Ck_tx5KWkAQ6GiT.jpg

Priceless.

They don't understand what's being done to them.

HOLA4423

They don't understand what's being done to them.

How can they not know? They're old enough to know. They can see it in the house prices and crappy wages. They can see it in the university fees. University age people have been protesting for decades about all sorts. Nobody is protesting about high house prices from the younger generations, therefore they must want it. They must feel it's a very low priority compared to being in the EU.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425