The Flash Crash Trader

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

He is obviously not part of the right social class or group. Only those allowed to manipulate markets and exploit the loopholes are allowed to do so, look at the fuss over celebrities using tax loopholes that those in power also use.

HOLA448

Forgetting about the legal side, which does seem very unjust.

It seems odd that a small player can spoof the system, I thought all the arbitrage took place in milliseconds these days, so his spoofs should get filled before he could retract them ???.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Forgetting about the legal side, which does seem very unjust.

It seems odd that a small player can spoof the system, I thought all the arbitrage took place in milliseconds these days, so his spoofs should get filled before he could retract them ???.

I thought the same, surely one persons spoof orders shouldn't crash the whole market?

HOLA4411

It's beyond revolting .. he's not a nice guy but how can somebody with so little money manipulate a market I've put 3 billion dollars through on a stressed day. And he was hardly using an aggressive strategy like I used to have to deal with from the banks. I would ******ing know .. I used to be a part of that market.

If you start with the market makers and work back from there I guarantee you'll never wind up in Hounslow .. unless somebody buries your dead body there.

HOLA4412

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35879099

So somebody in the UK, never having stepped foot into America, can be extradited to America to stand trial for alleged crimes according to American law??? I don't get it.

If he's guilty of a UK crime, surely he should be tried in a UK court, to UK laws??

This.

US law does not apply in the UK. If he broke UK law try him here, otherwise leave him alone.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

This.

US law does not apply in the UK. If he broke UK law try him here, otherwise leave him alone.

Sadly when it comes to extradition nothing stands in the way of how far our government will bend over to satisfy the USA. Mental illness - no excuse. Outside their jurisdiction - nowhere in the UK. Not a crime in the UK - so what? Of course the other way round and US citizens are untouchable. Trump has broken incitement to hatred laws but will he stand trial if he visits his golf course in Scotland - the hell he will.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

So the system is so fragile that it can be undone by a bloke operating from his bedroom in his mum's house using a bog standard PC on a bog standard web connection? So why did they spend billions on superfast cable in order to gain fractions of a second trading advantages?

Something is not right here.

HOLA4418

He is obviously not part of the right social class or group. Only those allowed to manipulate markets and exploit the loopholes are allowed to do so, look at the fuss over celebrities using tax loopholes that those in power also use.

This.

If he'd an aristocratic double-barreled name, no way.

Edited by Tapori

HOLA4419

Is this petition-territory? They eventually - and for much less clear reasons - stopped the extradition of that fellow who hacked into the pentagon eventually looking for UFOs.

Once upon a time I heard a story of someone who got the better of a 419 scammer[1]. Seems to me that this guy is a pretty exact moral equivalent of that. His trick (unless meeja explanation is very misleading) relies entirely on the victims' own attempts to steal.

[1] He engaged with the scammer as though he'd fallen for it. Then tells scammer he can't put that through his personal account, but his church could do it. But you'd have to be a member of the church for that to be allowed. The 419-er paid a year's membership at this newly-minted church!

HOLA4420
HOLA4421