House Price Crash Forum

Getting Ready For The Spring Bounce....

HOLA441
HOLA442

LOL - you can just SEE the greed in those price changes. How arbitrary those changes are.

Serious question: who would pay a penny more than the cheapest price the current seller has offered?

Surely a buyer can see the history of the price changes from the current seller? Who would entertain the current £500,000 selling price when the current seller's already played his hand and you can see it was up for sale at £450,000 previously?

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I estimate that around 75% of the properties for sale in my local market (Derbyshire) are non-genuine vendors, people who don't have any real need or desire to sell but they choose to stick their house on the market for 10 or 20% above current market values and either just leave it there indefinitely (the kiteflyers) or spit their dummy's out after 6 months and withdraw it from the market (the deluded vendors)

I really don't know how the local EA's are managing to stay in business when so much of their time and effort is having to be devoted to such huge numbers of time wasters.

HOLA4412

LOL - you can just SEE the greed in those price changes. How arbitrary those changes are.

Serious question: who would pay a penny more than the cheapest price the current seller has offered?

Surely a buyer can see the history of the price changes from the current seller? Who would entertain the current £500,000 selling price when the current seller's already played his hand and you can see it was up for sale at £450,000 previously?

Have you ever seen Krusty and that property expert bloke whose property firm went bust, look at previous prices before making an offer?

When the media is full of prices rises they won't want to give it away and there is always the chance of an agent kite flying to secure an instruction, putting something close on at such a higher price it makes theirs look cheap.

HOLA4413

You and I can see that price change.

For anyone without property bee it looks like a bargain as it's just been reduced.

It's what I would call false advertising.

I've report it to rightmove, BBC watchdog and Trading standards.

That house has been on the market for 12 months and not sold...so they've tried to put the price up, FIFTY THOUSAND POUNDS

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I estimate that around 75% of the properties for sale in my local market (Derbyshire) are non-genuine vendors, people who don't have any real need or desire to sell but they choose to stick their house on the market for 10 or 20% above current market values and either just leave it there indefinitely (the kiteflyers) or spit their dummy's out after 6 months and withdraw it from the market (the deluded vendors)

I really don't know how the local EA's are managing to stay in business when so much of their time and effort is having to be devoted to such huge numbers of time wasters.

Everything is for sale.....at a price........some greater fool sure to come along. ;)

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Given that we've had a "boom" and 12 months has passed and the London bubble is going......they might struggle is those greatest fools dont appear before August

.....the only price that matters is the buy price and the sell price......the rest is only hearsay. ;)

HOLA4418

And here is another one...

For sale in November 2015 at £890,000, but now we are in February, spring is on the way, so time to put up the asking price by £35,000!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-37736976.html

This one used to be rented out, and according to sold prices, the owner paid £565,000 for it in 2005,

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html?prop=56576609&sale=11918711&country=england

But it has just been put on the market for £525,000. The landlord must really want to get out, as that will be some loss by the time fees have been paid!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-39475707.html

HOLA4419

My friend. On at £280k, reduced to £250k, offered £265k. Not offered £250k, wait to see if anyone raises - straight in at £15k over. Answer to the question why? Because it was originally £280k.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

People have gone mad. Utterly mad.

£50,000 is a huge amount of money for most people, yet the tossers think nothing of it.

My niece, living on minimum wage was in tears when I gave her just £200 for her new born baby.

Yes indeed, there is a big difference in the percieved value of money that has to be earnt, as opposed to money that has been made by doing nothing except sitting in a property and watching its "value" go up.

It sounds like your monetary gift to your niece will be really appreciated.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

I think they are riding the lettings gravy train. When that dries up, they go back to sales. Perfectly hedged business model. Unless poeple suddenly dont require shelter. All is well.