House Price Crash Forum

Your Weirdest Dreams

DTMark

HOLA441
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

That reminds me, I once dreamt I could ride a unicycle. I got the 'feel' of how to do it.

It was so convincing, that shortly afterwards I asked someone I know who actually has a unicycle, who let me have a go.

And no, I couldn't do it. It was nothing like how it was in the dream.

:lol::lol::lol:

Fit it with another 3 wheels in a square configuration and go from there

(I am not a professional clown and this advice should not be taken as such)

HOLA443
HOLA444

Anyone have lucid dreams? Apparently nicotine can make dreams really lucid (especially the patches). I don't smoke so wouldn't know but I thought it was interesting.

When the 24 hour patches first came out they did that to me.....horrible experience..... Stopped using straight away......not smoked now for over 10 years, just stopped one day and not smoked since.

HOLA445
HOLA446

Anyone have lucid dreams? Apparently nicotine can make dreams really lucid (especially the patches). I don't smoke so wouldn't know but I thought it was interesting.

I was in Thailand years ago. I was on the bevvy, thai whiskey and dodgy red bull, lariam for malaria and we got a bit of the brown stuff to smoke.

To say my dreams at that point were 'lucid' is putting it mildly.

My brain was a ******ing mess. I sat in a corner of my dorm for 3 hours thinking I was in a nightclub. Scary shit to be honest.

HOLA447
HOLA448

Had a peculiar dream this morning (while going through a hangover). I was at a get together last night where some hash was being puffed.

About half a dozen bailiffs appeared at my door to collect some stuff. A previous tenant owed money and as he/she left items in the house (not a flat - only ever lived in flats after flying the nest). Was more than happy to let them him to take the stuff out of the house as it freed up some space and I knew it wasn't me who owed the money.

They were pretty obnoxious towards me after a while despite co-operating. At some point, the rented house turned into a shop I was managing. One of them knocked into me on purpose and said (at the risk of getting a beating) that he was as useless as a used dildo (wtf???).

HOLA449

I find this site is unnervingly accurate...

Linky

Referring to the OP:

Levitation

To see someone levitating in your dream represents your desire to be helpful and supportive to others. Alternatively, It indicates that you admire or look up to the person being levitated.

But then I used to have repeated nightmares about falling off the deck of a ferry and getting sucked into the propeller at the back.

Propeller

To see a propeller in your dream represents forward movement and progress. It may also symbolize a spiritual journey.

I still can't watch things like 'U571' and 'The Hunt for Red October' without looking away or peeking through almost closed eyes when the propellers are on the screen. And that scene from the third 'Indiana Jones' film is terrifying. Less a spiritual journey, more like a repeated nightmare.

HOLA4410

I don't usually dream much (at night anyway, lots of daydreaming) but I do have a bit of a recurring theme of people being in my flat. Not necessarily strangers, but former owners, the builders, family I've forgotten I had invied over, etc., but also sometimes that the neighbours have burrowed through to my attic and are spying on me. Slightly paranoid, i guess. To be honest, i don't really like having visitors.

It's not surprising that on HPC a lot of these recurring dreams appear to be about property and problems there of.

This morning I had another recurring dream in that there are hidden bedrooms in the attics of my house with no obvious access. I thin k this one harks back to the pig's dinner of a cottage I bought in 1996 and sold in 2005. Actually I did quite well out of it, even though it was still a pig's dinner when I sold it.

So I still have nightmares about pig's dinner property.

HOLA4411

It's not surprising that on HPC a lot of these recurring dreams appear to be about property and problems there of.

So I still have nightmares about pig's dinner property.

Plumbing nightmares affect me too. :(

HOLA4412

Plumbing nightmares affect me too. :(

Well I have had two plumbing nightmares at my present property, real ones. Each time I have thought that water is seeping up through the foundations but actually in the first instance it was a radiator valve and the other a leaking boiler. Both easy fixes (for a plumber) but initially thinking the water is coming through the floor is a bloody nightmare. A bit fick not to see the obvious, but as a Bear I always think the worst first.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Last night's dream:

My partner called me from the hot seat on 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire'.

"Who had a number one record in the 1990s with 'Sleeping Satellite'?"

"Tasmin Archer".

That was the entire dream. How odd. Haven't heard that record in years. 'Sleeping' Satellite..

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

I must have grown a bit too quickly as a teenager, as I used to get fainting fits after sitting down. By far the best one was when I was down at my grandad's. I stood up to go for a snack (or maybe a wee), made it as far as the door of the sitting room, and then my brain started going a million miles an hour. I'd gone seamlessly through four separate subjects of consideration and solved them all when my mum's voice penetrated my consciousness: "Are you alright?!"

"Yes, why wouldn't I be?" I replied.

"Because you've just fallen over" came the reply. I put my hands out and discovered that I was indeed flat out on my bum on the floor.

HOLA4419

I must have grown a bit too quickly as a teenager, as I used to get fainting fits after sitting down. By far the best one was when I was down at my grandad's. I stood up to go for a snack (or maybe a wee), made it as far as the door of the sitting room, and then my brain started going a million miles an hour. I'd gone seamlessly through four separate subjects of consideration and solved them all when my mum's voice penetrated my consciousness: "Are you alright?!"

"Yes, why wouldn't I be?" I replied.

"Because you've just fallen over" came the reply. I put my hands out and discovered that I was indeed flat out on my bum on the floor.

I'll 'ave some of wotever 'e's on, please.

HOLA4420

I'll 'ave some of wotever 'e's on, please.

So will I, TBH. It's pretty much all been your bog standard needing a slash dreams ever since, albeit with a bit of unpleasantness added on thanks to my hygiene OCD. I do a bit of flying occasionally, don't mind that.

HOLA4421

Had a peculiar dream this morning (while going through a hangover). I was at a get together last night where some hash was being puffed.

About half a dozen bailiffs appeared at my door to collect some stuff. A previous tenant owed money and as he/she left items in the house (not a flat - only ever lived in flats after flying the nest). Was more than happy to let them him to take the stuff out of the house as it freed up some space and I knew it wasn't me who owed the money.

They were pretty obnoxious towards me after a while despite co-operating. At some point, the rented house turned into a shop I was managing. One of them knocked into me on purpose and said (at the risk of getting a beating) that he was as useless as a used dildo (wtf???).

This reminds me of a dream I had about being in London, as it happens it was only a small part of the dream but it went like this:

I went into a newsagents for a bottle of coke and Frank Skinner was behind the counter. I started to tell Frank Skinner about my favourite joke of his, a little aside about an awards ceremony he was at where Prince Philip smirked at the line 'long to reign over us' when the national anthem was playing, as if to say 'you can sing about it, but I've taken it what you might call one step further'. All of a sudden there was a booming laugh from over by the magazines, the man turned round and it turns out it was Phillip himself. He 'says, great joke, great joke' bought his magazine and walked off.

Pick the bones out of that Freud.

HOLA4422

I keep having a dream where aliens land in Hyde Park, place a cube of some unknown material on the ground and it begins to suck in all the nearby muslims.

It gradually grows larger and larger as more muslims from around the country, then from across Europe and finally from around the world are all sucked into it. Eventually the cube is huge - can be seen for miles away from outside London.

When the last muslim is sucked inside one of the aliens turns to Obama, Putin & Dave and says that the world has 2 choices:

1. Tap on the cube and it will disintegrate, but everyone inside will die.

2. Just leave the cube and no one will escape it for 5 billion years - by which point the sun will have expanded and the Earth will be no more.

3. The people of the world can collectively decide to let everyone back out.

On hearing the third option Dave says:

"What were 1 and 2 again?"

The human mind is interesting isn't it.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Last night I dreamed I stole a really cool pistol from my Dad, who had it 'for Civil Defence' perposes. I kept in my raincoat breast pocket.

Then I started worrying about it, because I didn't want to be caught carrying a firearm.

Then I started worrying about it more, because I felt a bit of a melodramatic prat having it in my possession.

Interpretation: I spend too much time on this forum.

Archived