House Price Crash Forum

Your Weirdest Dreams

DTMark

HOLA441

I've had a recurring dream of being naked in public ever since I was at primary school. It's definitely linked to periods of insecurity or being found out. Funny thing is in some of them I just think '****** it' and accept walking around naked in public.

You know what you have to do.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

I've had a recurring dream of being naked in public ever since I was at primary school.

I did go through periods of dreaming that I couldn't run,

Both of those, check.

Sometime had flying dreams. But they take two forms: the good, where I'm in control, and the bad where I'm somehow held back and can't escape a pursuer - probably the same underlying dream as your inability to run.

HOLA444
HOLA445

I find it fascinating that all people have recurring themes in dreams which apparently have the same meaning and interpretation (teeth falling out, flying, unable to run away)

How is it that people can come from entirely different backgrounds and have nothing what so ever in common with each other yet they can have exactly the same dream themes?

HOLA446

I find it fascinating that all people have recurring themes in dreams which apparently have the same meaning and interpretation (teeth falling out, flying, unable to run away)

How is it that people can come from entirely different backgrounds and have nothing what so ever in common with each other yet they can have exactly the same dream themes?

Haven't read it, but I understand there's a lot of literature on the subject.

HOLA447
HOLA448

Anyone else have the full bladder dream? Either you're desperately looking for a loo, or you use one, but still need it when you're done. Then you wake up, and find the more comfortable situation where you have the need but can of course satisfy it the usual way.

Aye - desperately trying to piss - but unable to do so - and then waking up thinking thank ****** I didn't find that toilet in my dream !! :)

HOLA449

Presumably it's because whatever their background, most people share certain fears or wishes, e.g. fear of shame or ridicule - being stranded in public with no clothes is a common one. The feeling of paralysis, being unable to run away from something horrible or frightening is another.

Does anyone else have recurrent exam dreams? Decades later I still have a dream where I have a German lit exam imminent, and I haven't read any of the books, I haven't been to any of the classes, and I don't even know what the books are. It's always German lit and yet I did well enough in the last German lit exam I ever took. Might be more understandable if it was maths - I had to take O level maths twice and still only got a bare pass.

HOLA4410

Does anyone else have recurrent exam dreams? Decades later I still have a dream where I have a German lit exam imminent, and I haven't read any of the books, I haven't been to any of the classes, and I don't even know what the books are. It's always German lit and yet I did well enough in the last German lit exam I ever took. Might be more understandable if it was maths - I had to take O level maths twice and still only got a bare pass.

Nope. But I get some possibly-equivalent situations where I'm supposed to be doing something where I have professional expertise, but I've no idea what. Mind you, that's not unknown in real life ...

As for literature ... my brother made a point of not reading any of the set texts for english literature A-level. Got grade A, of course.

HOLA4411

Presumably it's because whatever their background, most people share certain fears or wishes, e.g. fear of shame or ridicule - being stranded in public with no clothes is a common one. The feeling of paralysis, being unable to run away from something horrible or frightening is another.

Yeah fair point about people sharing general fears or wishes, but some of the more specific and obscure examples I still find baffling... I think if you were to ask a range of people to identify their top 10 'fears' I doubt anyone would include all their teeth falling out... and yet this is a very common recurring theme in dreams. Why/how has it been hardwired into our brains that in times of stress or anxiety we'll likely dream that all our teeth are falling out?

HOLA4412

No not about exams but I've had recurring dreams about not being ready for Christmas or a special occasion and when the day arrives I have an overwhelming sense of panic having not got prepared.

Also, when I stopped smoking I used to dream that I'd had a cigarette then wake up feeling guilty.

HOLA4413

No not about exams but I've had recurring dreams about not being ready for Christmas or a special occasion and when the day arrives I have an overwhelming sense of panic having not got prepared.

Also, when I stopped smoking I used to dream that I'd had a cigarette then wake up feeling guilty.

Oh, Lord, I often used to have the Christmas shopping nightmare. It was about twenty to five on Christmas Eve, all the shops about to shut and i hadn't bought any presents. (I have a big family)

I think it dates back to a Christmas many years ago when we were living in Oman. I was working at Muscat airport and was able to get 10% flights. But it was always standby, so we never knew whether we'd make it. Hence turned up unannounced at his folks' house on the afternoon of the 23rd. I then had just the one day to do all the shopping for both our families. ( No use asking him - he would just have picked the first 'this'll do' thing.).

Just as well his folks were pleased to see us - my MiL had just told a neighbour who'd popped in that no, there was no chance of us coming home, and the neighbour was on her way out when she saw us getting out of a taxi. That was one jaw-drop moment I won't forget!

HOLA4414

Not surprised to see the forgetting Christmas shopping nightmare is so far burd only :D

And the needing a piss ones are all blokes.

There must be other ones that are common in one sex and not the other ?

HOLA4415

I get one where I'm running around a school trying to find the room where the exams are being held when the janitor appears and tells me that they're over and school is closed for the holidays. Then the fact that the school is completely empty makes sense.

But it's in an American school, hence the word 'janitor'. I've never been to America.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

I'm reading too much HPC. Last night I had a dream about being invited to George Soros' underground layer in a flooded volcanoe.

Was Putin or Cameron there ? We need to know who his allies are.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Unfortunately not, but he was very proud of it. He had a device to agitate the water around it in a particular way to stop barnacles clinging to it and the like.

I think I read this dream signifies you have issues stemming from teenage homoerotic experiences.

Its all about the barnacles.

HOLA4420

I don't usually dream much (at night anyway, lots of daydreaming) but I do have a bit of a recurring theme of people being in my flat. Not necessarily strangers, but former owners, the builders, family I've forgotten I had invied over, etc., but also sometimes that the neighbours have burrowed through to my attic and are spying on me. Slightly paranoid, i guess. To be honest, i don't really like having visitors.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

I had a dream last night, the short version of which is that someone had stolen the rear half of my motorbike, leaving the clocks, handlebars, and headlights/fairing (Somehow) :unsure::huh:

That reminds me, I once dreamt I could ride a unicycle. I got the 'feel' of how to do it.

It was so convincing, that shortly afterwards I asked someone I know who actually has a unicycle, who let me have a go.

And no, I couldn't do it. It was nothing like how it was in the dream.

HOLA4424

Once dreamt I was standing at one of those long urinals and my knob slipped off and floated down towards the drain. Bit weird.

:lol:

I've never had a dream like that. Had a few where I'm sitting on the bog in plain sight of everyone (and others where I couldn't close or lock the door). :blink::unsure:

Had a few others where I have moved into a council flat in a tower block. :huh: In one, it was really windy and blowing the building from side to side. :o

HOLA4425

That reminds me, I once dreamt I could ride a unicycle. I got the 'feel' of how to do it.

It was so convincing, that shortly afterwards I asked someone I know who actually has a unicycle, who let me have a go.

And no, I couldn't do it. It was nothing like how it was in the dream.

Give it a go! If clowns can do it, you can! You are qualified for Circus Pin! :blink:

Archived