House Price Crash Forum

Buying In Phuket? Phuck That!

juvenal

HOLA441

On my old rugby squad we had a rather unsavoury father (divorced) and son. They occasionally used to spit-roast a hooker with the father at the business end, happily telling his son "your mum used to really love me doing this to her!" as he charged up her wrong 'un :wacko:

I suppose they had to go with the hooker - harder to catch a wing or full back.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

I do geuninely find Thai's pretty hard faced, mean people.

I find this land of smiles BS - crocodile smiles too.

I don't think it's necessarily false, but it seems like many asian countries have a freindly side and a viscious side, that is alien to us. They seem to do horrible things in wars.

Went to Koh Samui for a few weeks in the early eighties. Someone pointed out to me that I was the only single male that hadn't acquired a local compagnon. I couldn't even score in Thailand.

HOLA443

I've heard that it's quite common in Thailand for older men to just go loopy, like kids in a sweetshop. They're so used to rejection from hatchet-faced western women that when they meet young attractive women who are nice to them, even though in their heart of hearts they know it's all an act to gain money, they still fall for it, fall in love and end up being fleeced for everything. It's a bit like the classic story of old widows being ripped off by suave conmen in the UK.

HOLA444
HOLA445

Shame I don't find Thai women attractive.

Is there a town or city in Europe where I can go as a tall white bloke reasonably groomed with a few quid and have a kind attractive girl hunt me down? No? Drat....

I think it's that reason, rather than high moral standard, why I've not been tempted to visit.

HOLA446
HOLA447

Is there a town or city in Europe where I can go as a tall white bloke reasonably groomed with a few quid and have a kind attractive girl hunt me down? No? Drat....

Estonia, Latvia, Slovakia.

Maybe Ukraine.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Try Hungary, either Budapest or some of the larger cities such as Debrecen, Szeged or Pecs. You won't exactly be 'hunted down' (but would you really want to be by prossies?) but you will have a lot more luck than you would in a British or western European city.

HOLA4412

Essentially, you just have to go to somewhere where you are exotic - and open minded women will at least make an effort to chat.

HOLA4413

Let me get this straight. You were sniggering at men that had 2 + weeks of s e x with beautiful women.

Well, they believed they had sex with women, whether they actually were women is a different matter... :blink:

Edit: I'm going to Thailand in the New Year.

Beware the ladyboys! (unless that's what you are looking for) ;)

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

The Thai smiles have so many different meanings, and I wouldn't understand it.

Thais Smile for more than happiness and glee. Thais, perhaps more than any other people, have an uncanny knack of smiling in instances of adversity, tension and even danger. Thais seem to smile at unusual times during conversations and business dealings. In Thailand smiling is a form of subtle interpersonal-messaging which runs deeper and perhaps more accurately than language or syntax. In Thailand, there is actually a smile referred to as the “Yes, I know I owe you the money but I don’t have it right now.” I’ve learned that there are actually 13 different types of Thai Smiles where most Thais can identify a specific meaning. In fact, most Thais can perform each of these smiles upon request with flawless accuracy based solely on the commonly used name.

HOLA4416

The Thai smiles have so many different meanings, and I wouldn't understand it.

So the Thai Smile is a bit like when the British say "how interesting!" - which can mean anything from "how interesting!" to "God you're so boring" to "That was so offensive I want to punch your face in".

HOLA4417

So the Thai Smile is a bit like when the British say "how interesting!" - which can mean anything from "how interesting!" to "God you're so boring" to "That was so offensive I want to punch your face in".

I read somewhere that a smile in Thailand is something used with social inferiors, children etc. It's not something you do when you want to show respect.

I also read that it's common even among Thais for much older men to have much younger wives (because the marriage is basically an economic bargain, as it used to be in western countries). However, as they become more westernised, the Thais are starting to find the idea of large age gaps distasteful (as they have become in the west) so that even some of the prozzies are becoming a bit fussier about who they go with.

HOLA4418

There is another side to Thai women that has been reported quite a bit in the media over the years, they may in fact be scared of losing their new foreign husband and their jealously knows no bounds. Seen quite a few articles about blokes not allowed to go out on the Thai streets alone and in major trouble should they even appear to be looking at another woman. No doubt the perfect relationship if you are into some kind of bondage fantasy and being controlled.

http://www.livingthai.org/thai-girls-are-very-jealous.html

Archived