House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juvenal

Buying In Phuket? Phuck That!

It's the wife not the country that did him. And his own impatient greed.

Indeed, but you are probably a sitting target whether it is the country that screws you over or that Asian dream bride. You are going to be challenged by the languauge, the culture and proabably a legal system that favours the indigenous popualtion.

My advice if you want to go off on foreign adventures and shack up with an Asian dream girl is keep your money in the UK and transfer a monthly allowance. Investing abroad is a great way to become penniless and most come home eventually once they have been fleeced for the protection of our welfare system.

Yes I read the article.

Not knowing anything about the culture really, one wonders if the men are just stupid to married women decades younger and expect them to stick around? <_<

There's no fool, like an old fool.

Yes I read the article.

Not knowing anything about the culture really, one wonders if the men are just stupid to married women decades younger and expect them to stick around? <_<

Well indeed he isn't going to get much sympathy losing his lifetime earnings like this. Of course, on the rare occasions that the boot is on the other foot, granny gets fleeced by Eritrean toy boy we are all supposed to get angry and sympathetic and it will probably make the headlines of the Daily Mail.

Yes I read the article.

But... it was true love!

I have an elderly distant relative, in his late 70s now, who has been married for decades to the same woman. Nice person but always comes across as very reserved. Some might say a cold fish.

I have no idea what their relationship is like - they have been married for decades and have sons - but every year he has been going to Thailand on holiday by himself. She stays at home.

When I first learnt of this I thought nudge, nudge but never thought anymore of it. I had not seen them for a few years but when I bumped into them a couple of years ago I was surprised to learn that the chap now goes out to Thailand with one of his sons, 40s, on a regular basis.

I wouldn't know what to make of that TMT.

Thailand is a big country with beaches and mountains, but most single males I've known who have gone there have indulged even if only going to a strip bar.

I wouldn't know what to make of that TMT.

Thailand is a big country with beaches and mountains, but most single males I've known who have gone there have indulged even if only going to a strip bar.

Bangkok and Thailand came up in a lesson I was teaching to a class of mostly 20s Omani males (in Oman). The book we used was aimed at any mix of nationalities - the lesson was mostly about temples and other tourist stuff, but most of them started giggling and making remarks that were pretty obvious in content.

This was in the mid 80s. I knew it was highly unlikely that any of them had ever been, but I asked anyway. No, nobody had, but they knew all about it!

Well, I said, I HAVE been, and it's not ALL about what you lot think. People do go for other reasons.

They mostly laughed, but evidently thought I hadn't a clue. One of them actually wagged a finger at me and said, 'Teacher, Bangkok is not for ladies!'

Should add that they were largely an extremely polite and good fun lot, though.

I have an elderly distant relative, in his late 70s now, who has been married for decades to the same woman. Nice person but always comes across as very reserved. Some might say a cold fish.

I have no idea what their relationship is like - they have been married for decades and have sons - but every year he has been going to Thailand on holiday by himself. She stays at home.

When I first learnt of this I thought nudge, nudge but never thought anymore of it. I had not seen them for a few years but when I bumped into them a couple of years ago I was surprised to learn that the chap now goes out to Thailand with one of his sons, 40s, on a regular basis.

On my old rugby squad we had a rather unsavoury father (divorced) and son. They occasionally used to spit-roast a hooker with the father at the business end, happily telling his son "your mum used to really love me doing this to her!" as he charged up her wrong 'un :wacko:

On my old rugby squad we had a rather unsavoury father (divorced) and son. They occasionally used to spit-roast a hooker with the father at the business end, happily telling his son "your mum used to really love me doing this to her!" as he charged up her wrong 'un :wacko:

It's good to share hobbies :wacko:

Reminded of the Russell Brand story. When I was 16 I think I got a surfboard.

At sixteen years old Russell Brand took a trip to the far east with his father who he rarely spent time with. While in Hong Kong his dad took him to an establishment where they picked up 3 prostitutes and went back to their hotel room. Russell revealed in his book ‘In the course of the rest of that holiday, I had sex with loads more prostitutes’ as he and his father went on to visit Bali, Singapore and Thailand.

http://www.uncoverdiscover.com/celebs/10-things-you-probably-didnt-know-about-russell-brand/prostitute/

Bangkok and Thailand came up in a lesson I was teaching to a class of mostly 20s Omani males (in Oman). The book we used was aimed at any mix of nationalities - the lesson was mostly about temples and other tourist stuff, but most of them started giggling and making remarks that were pretty obvious in content.

This was in the mid 80s. I knew it was highly unlikely that any of them had ever been, but I asked anyway. No, nobody had, but they knew all about it!

Well, I said, I HAVE been, and it's not ALL about what you lot think. People do go for other reasons.

They mostly laughed, but evidently thought I hadn't a clue. One of them actually wagged a finger at me and said, 'Teacher, Bangkok is not for ladies!'

Should add that they were largely an extremely polite and good fun lot, though.

IMO it becomes a bit self-fulfilling. If a single man goes there he is assumed to be going for one main reason. So if they're not a sex tourist then unless they don't mind the assumption being made that that's exactly what they are doing they will instead go to another country.

These stories of only going to Thailand for one thing remind me of a barman I met in a hotel in Dusseldorf last year. He very nicely kept the bar open late for me, when I thanked him he said no problem, I'm going on holiday to Thailand at 3am so I'll just lock up and go straight to the airport.

First time in Thailand? I asked. No, I've been 15 times in 10 years he replied.

My first thought? Bloody hell, you're not going for the scenery are you?

That is wrong on so many reasons.

I know I have mentioned this before on other threads. Years ago I had a 20-soomething lady working for me whose dad had emigrated to Thailand. The lad would go out and spend time with his dad - having read the above I now wonder what they got up to.

The lad got a bad case of food poisoning on one trip and had to be hospitalised. He later showed me a photo of himself sat up in his hospital bed surrounded by 3 stunningly gorgeous looking Thai ladies - whom he assured me were all ladyboys.

I don't see the outrage here? as long as the parties involved are over the age of consent and one is paying the other....

No different that our position in the west allowing us to benefit from 70 hour a week clothing workers in India who get paid a pittance and have horrible working conditions? or is it the usual case of out of sight, out of mind?

Years ago I was on a coach pilgrimage to Lourdes and got talking with one of the coach drivers about the variosu coach trips he did. He said that the most unusual one was a regular one he did to Paris each year with the band, or it might have been choir, of a UK police force. He said that once they got to Paris that he always got a request to head to the same brothel area of Paris.

I assumed that they were all students of architecture and that the part of Paris in question must have some stunning sights to see.

I don't see the outrage here? as long as the parties involved are over the age of consent and one is paying the other....

No different that our position in the west allowing us to benefit from 70 hour a week clothing workers in India who get paid a pittance and have horrible working conditions? or is it the usual case of out of sight, out of mind?

I have been on here long enough to recall this very subject evoking a very long thread way back in the annals of HPC off-topic history.

I have been on here long enough to recall this very subject evoking a very long thread way back in the annals of HPC off-topic history.

Yeah, I remember that. I was trying to see if I could nudge the thread into a timey wimey replication experiment, but you ruined it. :D

I presume you're going for the scenery?

Don't work over that period so may as well get smashed on a beach rather than a boozer in jockland.

And I got an air China flight for £480 !!

Don't work over that period so may as well get smashed on a beach rather than a boozer in jockland.

And I got an air China flight for £480 !!

I'm frequently amazed by what people pay for lodges / centre parks in this country.

Foreign holidays can be so much cheaper and better.

I've just had two weeks all inclusive luxury for less than it would have cost at a seaside Premier Inn. Then add food and drink and the foreign one is two thirds the price.

My holidays in this country are restricted to short breaks for that reason.