House Price Crash Forum

Men Refusing To Get Married

Frank Hovis

HOLA441

From my browsing of the manosphere, the happiest guys seem to be the married ones that discovered the red pill in time to save their failing marriage. Happier wives too.

Quickest way to make a woman miserable is to give her everything she (thinks) she wants.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

Here's a little snippet you might enjoy ruminating over for a few seconds. The last time we spoke I asked her, just for personal giggles, 'Would you like me to like you a lot less? You're off for a couple of weeks and I could work on it over then.'

Too much talking - you're turning your life into a 90's American sitcom. You'd have been better gently-but-firmly pushing her against a wall and kissing her. (and of course backing off if she was horrified by this move)

About a year after my own horrific friendzone thing, I saw this and cringed. Even just watch it with the sound off and look at the body language - the apologetic needyness. Belugh. That's pretty much what I did. I don't blame the woman for being creeped out; I wouldn't have wanted to f*ck me after that....

HOLA444

Here's a philosphical question...

You're in a long term (say 3 years) relationship with someone and they want to get married. You don't want to, but make it clear that you love them and have every intention of staying with them. You'll happily write them into your will in case something happens to you, but beyond this you don't see the point of marriage.

Presuming they actually love you (as opposed to wanting 'a husband' of which you were a possible candidate), then they should be ok with this?

Philosophically, fine afaic.

Practically, trickier.

One of the points of marriage as a child rearing institution is that there is a certain degree of difficulty, socially and financially, that either party doesn't simply walk in the face of difficulties that could be overcome if faced.

Not so difficult that either party can't walk if the other is beating the cr@p out of them.

HOLA445

Here's a philosphical question...

You're in a long term (say 3 years) relationship with someone and they want to get married. You don't want to, but make it clear that you love them and have every intention of staying with them. You'll happily write them into your will in case something happens to you, but beyond this you don't see the point of marriage.

Presuming they actually love you (as opposed to wanting 'a husband' of which you were a possible candidate), then they should be ok with this?

Never a right answer.....could depend on either persons past history......if young, first real strong relationship and planning to have a family, why marriage has to be a good bonding mechanism good for family life and children also.....but both parties have to be sure that is what they want, and committed to each other till death do they part, and all the rest.....Other than that if a person walks out of your life because of lack of a piece of paper they are better off without them, a piece of paper does not make someone love you more, relationships are all about respecting others and what they stand for, a mutual understanding of each others needs and wants....forcing or manipulating or threatening someone into doing something they are uneasy with only spells trouble further down the line, not to be advised. ;) .

HOLA446

Too much talking - you're turning your life into a 90's American sitcom. You'd have been better gently-but-firmly pushing her against a wall and kissing her. (and of course backing off if she was horrified by this move)

Tricky, as we were about twelve miles apart at the time. As mentioned previously, we're talking about a long-standing and genuine friend here and I'm not going to pull something like that on her.

Between you and me, I pulled that off once in the past (yup, I'm a serial offender). Short term success, then painful not success.

Edit: and fwiw I called time as soon as I was told my chum had started dating again and won't be hanging around like a classic friendzone gooseberry. Both of us have come out of difficult break-ups leading up to this point and, like I said, it's, er, complicated. Nothing unusual there.

HOLA447

From my browsing of the manosphere, the happiest guys seem to be the married ones that discovered the red pill in time to save their failing marriage. Happier wives too.

Quickest way to make a woman miserable is to give her everything she (thinks) she wants.

Yes - there's a book called, I think 'The Married Man's Sex Life Primer' by Athol Kay that goes into this.

I think it works well in marriages where the wife genuinely does want the man to be more, well, 'manly' and where her nagging etc is just a way of venting her frustrations about this to him.

There's also a darker side, where the wife sees the husband has changed into a more attractive man, higher up than her on the sexual market value scale, and realises she has to behave more as he wishes in order to keep him.

Of course in some marriages, the problems go deeper. If the husband becomes more assertive it is just seen as a threat to the woman's authority.

HOLA448

Tricky, as we were about twelve miles apart at the time. As mentioned previously, we're talking about a long-standing and genuine friend here and I'm not going to pull something like that on her.

I'm sure you a right geezer "stud" Mr Mahoney. :blink:

HOLA449

About a year after my own horrific friendzone thing, I saw this and cringed. Even just watch it with the sound off and look at the body language - the apologetic needyness. Belugh. That's pretty much what I did. I don't blame the woman for being creeped out; I wouldn't have wanted to f*ck me after that....

Now that I'm a little older, and my glands aren't quite as in control as they once were, the 'neediness' thing is not so strong in me. I don't necessarily feel lonely when I'm alone or have any illusion that being in a relationship is a passport to happiness.

I do, however, like liking someone who I believe has a good heart, and if that's reciprocated that's a bonus.

HOLA4410

I'm sure you a right geezer "stud" Mr Mahoney. :blink:

It was horrendous and no.

Getting in there with a friend who's confided in you over the years can leave a chap looking like he came in out of the sun, betrayed a trust and exploited his inside knowledge when his chum was vulnerable. Not a good look. (edit: I still have an email explaining all this to me on a hard drive somewhere)

One should raise one's flag and allow the other party to prepare for boarders afaic.

edit: long story short, I really must get out of the habit of wanting to f**k my friends

HOLA4411

Now that I'm a little older, and my glands are quite as in control as they once were, the 'neediness' thing s not so strong in me. I don't necessarily feel lonely when I'm alone or have any illusion that being in a relationship is a passport to happiness.

I do, however, like liking someone who I believe has a good heart, and if that's reciprocated that's a bonus.

Good hearts beat behind smashing tits. :unsure:

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Definitely a bonus multiplier

I'm not obsessed by tits BTW, but they are decorative.

A lady friend of mine many years ago, after I knew her, decided to get her tits "enhanced" and they went wrong, and there was nothing wrong with her in the first place. In fact she was quite a looker, if you like that "swimmer" shape.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Too much talking - you're turning your life into a 90's American sitcom

That's quite astute btw. My entire life turned into a 90s sitcom, some time in the 90s. I've got an old mate, happily married for years, owns his own successful business, who calls me out for beers quite unashamedly for the purpose of discovering what amusing (to him) scrapes I'm currently involved in. I ask him how he's doing and he says 'same old, same old, can't complain' before he sits back comfortably in his chair with his pint and asks me the same...

HOLA4418

That's quite astute btw. My entire life turned into a 90s sitcom, some time in the 90s. I've got an old mate, happily married for years, owns his own successful business, who calls me out for beers quite unashamedly for the purpose of discovering what amusing (to him) scrapes I'm currently involved in. I ask him how he's doing and he says 'same old, same old, can't complain' before he sits back comfortably in his chair with his pint and asks me the same...

You seem like a disaster then? :blink:;)

HOLA4419

Next time tell him you`re in love with his wife. That should take the grin off his face.

Let`s face it, you probably have been at some point.

Only kidding. :rolleyes:

HOLA4420

You seem like a disaster then? :blink:;)

Me and the rest of the humanity MrPin

Take my entertainment-starved mate. Life all sorted and mapped out for the foreseeable, bored out of his f**king tree.

Next time tell him you`re in love with his wife. That should take the grin off his face.

Let`s face it, you probably have been at some point.

Only kidding. :rolleyes:

That'll never wash

A very pretty trophy edition, ten years his junior. Soul-less and tedious as f**k. And, deep down, he knows it.

HOLA4421

Philosophical old me....Life is like swings and roundabouts....and sometimes you fall off........Funny looking back into the past I wished my life was a bit like a friend I know....now they look at me and wish their life was more like mine.....nobody knows what the future holds in life's rich pageant....but one thing is for sure nobody, but nobody has the perfect life always......be thankful for what you do have, then better things or improvements are more likely to come your way...... ;)

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

A very pretty trophy edition, ten years his junior. Soul-less and tedious as f**k. And, deep down, he knows it.

Well this is the thing; out of all the people I know who are married/paired up, there's only one who married someone who I could envision having a long term relationship i.e. where they actually have something in common and she is sane. There's some who married women who seem sane but they share no interests whatsoever so I don't know what on earth they must talk about all day...

HOLA4425

Yes I'm good at analyzing things from behind the safety of my computer screen, but not so good at chatting up women in real life who I fancy ;)

Like Northerner.....you have to have a sense of humour.....chill... or else it might never happen. ;)

Archived