House Price Crash Forum

Men Refusing To Get Married

Frank Hovis

HOLA441

I think not. End of marriage can also be financially destructive for men on top of that.

Finance is a separate issue as has already been mentioned will not save unmarried men with means from supporting their children or any partner that pays towards the cost and other work of shared living.

The evidence is strong to show that men thrive in long strong happy relationships....married or not, so to forfeit what might be to save sharing some of what they hold if all goes wrong is like shooting yourself in the foot, there is such a thing as a good low risk and a bad high risk......so try before you buy. ;)

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

Im still not convinced unmmaried men face similar financial destruction when the relationship ends.

As for thriving, do you mean earning more? I guess men with a lot of ahem, expenses (wife, kids, etc) probably DO push harder to make more money. I give you that.

HOLA444

Surely the emotions depend on who is doing the breaking of the relationship, and why.

Sure.....but they are the same......do you think someone feels less affected if a long-term relationship falls apart if not married....what has been lost is the future together......do you think someone who escapes a dysfunctional relationship feels the same relief whether married or not......the same.

HOLA445

Im still not convinced unmmaried men face similar financial destruction when the relationship ends.

As for thriving, do you mean earning more? I guess men with a lot of ahem, expenses (wife, kids, etc) probably DO push harder to make more money. I give you that.

Thrive means does well....socially, mentally and healthily....two compatibly working together is stronger than one working alone.

HOLA446
HOLA447

Sounds ideal. Single people must be socially and mentally inferior as well as dying younger....

And I have to do my own washing up too.

HOLA448

Sounds ideal. Single people must be socially and mentally inferior as well as dying younger....

Actually being on your own....having space and time is a kind of renewal process.....a reality check, makes you think carefully what you really want and put plans into action to achieve it........own time is valuable time, time to get to know yourself, never become resentful or bitter....life is too short.....be happy. ;)

Archived