House Price Crash Forum

Refit Of Boeing 747 For Mystery Billionaire Took Three Years And Includes Luxury Bedrooms, A Restaurant And Even A Vip 'chill-Out' Zone

HOLA441

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3050249/Amazing-refit-Boeing-747-mystery-billionaire-took-three-years.html

The custom-built Boeing 747 is believed to have cost its ultra-wealthy owner £400million after it was customised to fit his specifications exactly over a three-year period.

The jumbo jet would normally carry as many as 600 passengers - but this version was built for just a single tycoon, although he will be able to fit dozens of guests.

It contains a large dining room where travellers can enjoy meals cooked in an adjoining kitchen, with a lounge and 'state room' at the back of the plane.

27D9411E00000578-3050249-image-m-3_14296

How the 0.0001% fly?

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Flawless diamond sells for $22 million

NEW YORK - An eye-popping, 100-carat diamond, the highlight of a magnificent jewels sale in New York, has sold for $22.1 million, Sotheby's auction house says.

I saw that the BBC were pimping this and thought that the peak must have passed if the wealthy are offloading their assets for cash.

It will be the liquidity crisis in the next 6 months os they can pickup those assets cheaply again.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

How frightfully vulgar, as Lady Fossington-Twistleton would say.

Just another of the things I wouldn't want no matter how much money I had. First class everywhere would be fine, thanks.

It must be hard when you're so loaded, to find ever more things you haven't already got. Massive yacht, helicopters to whisk you around, an island, plush mansions all over the place, what next?

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

It's ugly and I can't imagine that it will be used very much. What a waste of money.

But that money went back into the economy (labour and materials). Most people here complain about rich people hoarding money, where here you have someone actually spending it.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

But that money went back into the economy (labour and materials). Most people here complain about rich people hoarding money, where here you have someone actually spending it.

True enough. Still qualifies as a waste of money though, by any measure. Could have donated it to building schools in the poorest parts of the world or whatever, rather than a garish folly that will probably only be used a few dozen times in its lifetime. Still, don't hate the player, hate the game etc.

HOLA4422
Guest TheBlueCat

It must be a nightmare to get it ready for take-off and landing with all that random stuff floating around. And what happens when it hits turbulence? It's almost as if it was never actually intended to fly at all.

HOLA4423
Guest TheBlueCat

Why do the ultra-rich have such horrible taste?

It's not just that their taste seems terrible (I guess that's a matter of opinion) it's that their furniture always looks so damn uncomfortable to me.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived