House Price Crash Forum

Ecb Qe Programme Confirmed

HOLA441

Half a trillion Euros of more funny money on the way...

Financial news service Bloomberg is reporting that staff at the European Central Bank have outlined plans to launch a quantitative easing programme worth up to 500bn euros. Several schemes to buy government debt were outlined according to the report. ECB policy makers are due to meet on 22 January and economists had been expecting them to launch a big effort to boost flagging eurozone economies.

Edited by rantnrave

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

An alternative reading is they haven't decided/actually done anything, which is the same as yesterday. Markets not reacting like it's shock and awe, except Greece isn't rated BBB- or above per the article so probably be hit - which seems like a funny game to be playing. Perhaps it is still just a political game they're playing.

HOLA4411

An alternative reading is they haven't decided/actually done anything, which is the same as yesterday. Markets not reacting like it's shock and awe, except Greece isn't rated BBB- or above per the article so probably be hit - which seems like a funny game to be playing. Perhaps it is still just a political game they're playing.

Kite flying ahead of Greek election? Nothing much to lose.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

The Keynesian mentalists are already screaming 'too small'. :rolleyes:

Well it doesn't even take the ECB b/s back to where it was, so probably.

Other possibility (per Gavyn Davies blog) is that there's some combo of ECB action that satisfies Germany (more or less) with local CBs buying local country bonds as well.

http://blogs.ft.com/gavyndavies/2015/01/07/gavyn-davies-a-critical-few-weeks-for-the-eurozone/

Edited by R K

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Only marginally more than our own 375 billion pounds once you convert that to euros.

62 million people against 332 million.

Yeah, they UK robbed their people so much more than the Europeans propose to.

Which bankers should the people, if that way inclined, string up first ?

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4419

Kite flying ahead of Greek election? Nothing much to lose.

Greece election 25th. Draghi on 22nd. If I was Greek and the ECB came out 3 days before my vote with an everything but Greece type plan or one that amounted to any additional Greek sov debt risk solely carried by the Bank of Greece and local banks, I'd definitely vote for the most anti-EU party out there on principle, let alone because then not much left to lose.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Greece election 25th. Draghi on 22nd. If I was Greek and the ECB came out 3 days before my vote with an everything but Greece type plan or one that amounted to any additional Greek sov debt risk solely carried by the Bank of Greece and local banks, I'd definitely vote for the most anti-EU party out there on principle, let alone because then not much left to lose.

Is this the reason why the ecb changed there meting schedule from monthly to every six weeks?the cynical side of me things a month is now seen to be long enough for forward guidance to work ,,let them stew/guess a bit longer

HOLA4422

Is this the reason why the ecb changed there meting schedule from monthly to every six weeks?the cynical side of me things a month is now seen to be long enough for forward guidance to work ,,let them stew/guess a bit longer

It seems to me bankers seem to think they should influence whole countries democracies.

For me, the banks need to be shutdown.

HOLA4423

Looks like a done deal to me. If so, I think any hopes of a UK HPC can be pushed back at least another two years...

:(

How so ?

Euorpean buyers money being devalued, investors flocking to europe to catch their Central Banker generated meag bubble.

Could spell (even more) disater for that unique and different market...London

HOLA4424

Agree. This is so much more about politics than monetary operations at this juncture. I'd imagine Draghi would not want to be seen influencing the election outcome. Germany though? Who knows whether they really want Syriza to win or lose.

HOLA4425

Agree. This is so much more about politics than monetary operations at this juncture. I'd imagine Draghi would not want to be seen influencing the election outcome. Germany though? Who knows whether they really want Syriza to win or lose.

Yeah, just like this fella:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/bank-of-england/11084339/Mark-Carney-Currency-union-is-incompatible-with-Scottish-independence.html

Independent bankers look after the people of the country. :rolleyes: