yes

HOLA441
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

I am hearing the whole Kensington/Chelsea/Fulham area is down 30-35% from inflated asking prices. The drop is probably 15% from the peak so far.

If you go out of London - a radius of approx 60-90 miles -- there are a MASSIVE number of people who just CANNOT sell their over-priced homes.... Several people in the business have told me this. Some people have had their homes on the market for up to FOUR YEARS!!!! Unsold.....

HOLA444

If you go out of London - a radius of approx 60-90 miles -- there are a MASSIVE number of people who just CANNOT sell their over-priced homes.... Several people in the business have told me this. Some people have had their homes on the market for up to FOUR YEARS!!!! Unsold.....

One day they'll capitulate Eric, one day....

HOLA445
HOLA446

at what point though?

It can only be the gullible buying into all the talk of the (borrowing, immigrant debt-slave and prostitute/drugs GDP induced) BS recovery, therefore waiting for the banks to magically start lending a zillion x dual incomes.

I know friends trying to sell there house - really nice in a nice part of Pinner (NW London) for 6 years at a price suggested by EAs. No luck!!

HOLA447

I know friends trying to sell there house - really nice in a nice part of Pinner (NW London) for 6 years at a price suggested by EAs. No luck!!

I know it's a long shot, and I may be silly for suggesting this crazy idea, but have they thought about reducing the price???

Is it on RM, link?

HOLA448
HOLA449

I would suggest the same in West Beks at the pricier end of the market-there seems to have been an "invent a price" mentality prevalent over the last 15 months which has now hit the buffers-the sad thing is that when you go in and suggest an offer of 25% below asking they look terribly offended as if you really don't "get it"-of course when you look at achieved prices from only a few years ago you realise that even at a 25% discount its still a bonkers price.Still,lets hope that this perpetual increase mentality will finally get killed off and the market moves to at least a more realistic basis-the problem is of course that in the absence of a major event(and that can only be significant interest rate hikes)that slow dawning of realisation and change of perception could take a long long time.

HOLA4410

This was definitely true for northants until 18 months ago., till about 4 months ago. NO end of over-priced **** was selling ( Londoners relocating I suspect ).

Now it is back to the way it was before but now asking prices are 30% higher !!!

It will take a major shock to get asking prices down ( or very low sales for agents ).

The market is dead again.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

How is the collapse of the rouble playing out? Can't be good for new sales I'd have thought. Though GBP has come off the boil

One thing is sure - with the oil price collapse, rouble collapse and sanctions, not many russians will be bringing in money from russia to buy in London soon.

• 1 month later...
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

But wasn't there she daft columnist in the telegraph who said that Russia's crashed economy would mean increased house prices in London?

Columnists & analysts: If Russian economy does well London prices will go up. If Russina economy crashes, prices will go up. Whatever happens, they find a reason..

HOLA4423

Columnists & analysts: If Russian economy does well London prices will go up. If Russina economy crashes, prices will go up. Whatever happens, they find a reason..

My all time favourite was uncertainty following the popes death. And it got printed.

HOLA4424

My all time favourite was uncertainty following the popes death. And it got printed.

There was a comment in a RICS report a couple of years back which blamed a slowdown in the property market on Andy Murray having a good run at Wimbledon (and this wasn't the year he won it).

HOLA4425

One thing is sure - with the oil price collapse, rouble collapse and sanctions, not many russians will be bringing in money from russia to buy in London soon.

Why "sure"?

I used to work in Russia and recently I've had a few calls from Russians wanting to know about the UK property market and/or the prospects for work in the UK. These aren't the headline grabbing billionaires buying Kensington mansions, but upper middle class professionals and business people with assets of perhaps a few £m. The issue they all mention is the risk of exchange controls, which if enacted would prevent them from taking their roubles out of Russia. Many Russians are coming to the conclusion that, even though they've been pummelled by exchange rates, if they wait too long for a rouble recovery bounce they may find themselves locked in.