House Price Crash Forum

May To Call For New Powers To Ban Extremist Groups

HOLA441
HOLA442

It's looks a bit like that. Desperate stuff from TPTB. Another catch all law. One thing I heard on Pravda this morning was something like 'to be used for extremist views that were a threat to democracy' - imagine that.

Edited by tinker

HOLA443

Prime Minister David Cameron told BBC Breakfast: "The problem that we have had is this distinction of saying we will only go after you if you are an extremist that directly supports violence.

"It has left the field open for extremists who know how not to step over the line. But these are people who have radicalised young minds and led to people heading off to Syria or Iraq to take part in this ghastly slaughter."

Everybody to conform to the thought police? I'm sure lots of people will get sucked into this vortex.

Edited by interestrateripoff

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Cameron: "We must be more intolerant of intolerance"

Let that sink in for a moment.........

Sorry, nothing new there. See for example Tom Sharpe writing in the 1970s.

What's surprising and distressing is seeing it infecting the tories. Thatcher must be spinning in her grave as the state bangs people up for being a*******s on twitter!

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

What is extremist????

I had that very thought this morning.

One of the reasons I keep trying to get a job abroad is I want to be able to sit and watch the UK from an different perspective.

I read about this last night before I went to bed...in Canada, where I have lived for the past 3 years...I definitely lost sleep over it, and this adds to the list of reasons why I will not return to live in the UK. It is truly Orwellian stuff. As other have pointed out...who get's to decide what "extremism" is. For instance, my views on Islam could be considered extreme, because unlike Cameron and Obama, I do not believe it is a religion of peace...will I get carted off in the night for suggesting that Islamic extremism is merely an attempt to follow the authentic teaching and actions of Mohammad? Whether you agree with that viewpoint or not, when you read the small print of these proposals, I would probably be labelled an extremist for having non-government approved ideas.

More pertinent, will all conspiracy theories such as those espoused on here regarding the true reasons why we are in such a financial hole, be labelled extremist because only a few people inform themselves fully of the facts?

Most people in the UK will nod their heads in approval at this proposed policy because they haven't had an original thought since the day they were born (Canadians are even worse in that respect). They are happy to express the views fed to them by the MSM and their favourite social media gurus, as long as they have 200 channels of garbage, can get enough debt to maintain the illusion of being prosperous and get some sort of sexual gratification, either with real partners, or virtual ones.

The depressing truth is that the masses will get what they deserve.

HOLA4420

Wow this is getting scarier and scarier.

So this law would include :

Me

Most of my family and friends

UKIP

SNP

Green Party

Pretty much anyone that the ruling party doesn't like.

Dictators past and present would have loved the laws our government are enacting all in the name of "protecting freedom". They would have wet themselves with glee at the levels of surveillance that governments now have.

HOLA4421

Sorry, nothing new there. See for example Tom Sharpe writing in the 1970s.

What's surprising and distressing is seeing it infecting the tories. Thatcher must be spinning in her grave as the state bangs people up for being a*******s on twitter!

It is because the actual agenda is not being talked about, they skirt around with other irrelevant stuff, unnecessary stuff.

We already have laws to stop all this and arrest offenders. people in 2014 are no different to people in 1361, there are pressure groups, political and religious bigotries.

We dont need more laws...we need enforcement on the financiers who support these groups, be it collecting in the community centres or the launderers in the banks.

We have spent billions on spies for these organisations, but the bankers walk every time.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

[irony]If you've got nothing to hide, you've got nothing to fear.[/irony]

Being politicians though, they have this habit of changing what you might want to hide.

OK if you are tony bliar and can shred stuff before FOI comes in, not OK if you are DLT and stuck your hands up some broads skirt who said nothing for 20 years because she decided her career is more important than her integrity and then decides, yes, in fact on reflection, I didn't want his hands up my skirt.

This is why I could never join the police. Pretty much every law since 1945 has been utterly morally indefensible.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425