Foxtons Share Price And The Housing Market - Merged

HOLA441
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
33 minutes ago, kev-all-in said:

Foxtons' head said demand had slowed in the face of "unprecedented economic and political uncertainty".

Foxtons' head said demand had slowed in the face of "insane prices even for crap in Zone 6", I suspect he meant he say...

HOLA443

I do recall some MSE gentlemen ( :rolleyes: ) having a dig at us on here for heralding this share collapse as a sign that all was well in the world of pwopatee.

IIRC there was a bit of a dead cat bounce and they were laughing up their sleeves at us  ( me ) .

Are you still laughing f**ktards ?

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

When foxtons were floated and their share price continued to climb my father in law told me the share prices was a reflection of future earning potential.

He's very quiet these days,

Have you confirmed how accurate his view is based on the current share price and the lack of future earning potential - even then I think the market is over-optimistic regarding future earnings..

HOLA448
7 hours ago, thewig said:

can't they just bang their commissions, their share price, their profits and their rents up (innit) to whatever level is required to make this all go away? 

cos that's what I'd do :ph34r::P:D

6 hours ago, Houdini said:

Have you confirmed how accurate his view is based on the current share price and the lack of future earning potential - even then I think the market is over-optimistic regarding future earnings..

1000 words

FOXT.gif

The end is nigh.............

Edited by Sancho Panza

HOLA449

I think this is the link to the interim presentation. 

http://www.foxtonsgroup.co.uk/investors/results/files/foxtons_interim_results_presentation_2017.pdf

There is a more detailed interim report at the investor portal but it summarises the issues well. From what I can deduce BTL pile in and then a few months later stop buying , sales volumes then fall off a cliff, rents start falling as the previously mentioned BTL compete for renters.  Foxtons then had to cut margins on rentals to maintain the sales revenue as rents fell. The result seems to have been collapsing margins. It's a total car crash.

Happy to be corrected.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
9 hours ago, spyguy said:

And this is before the letting fees ban comes in.

They are fcked.

+ 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Edited by Barnsey

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
On 7/29/2017 at 8:46 AM, PalmerEldritch said:

Foxtons mentioned in the alternative press...???

"Muir was later found hanging upside down from a lamppost with a ‘Death to Profiteers’ sign hung around his neck."

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/business/estate-agents-sure-everyone-will-be-nice-to-them-on-their-way-down-20170728133017

haha there are a few local EAs where this punishment would be good.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA4422

bump for the weekly Foxton's share price collapsing 5% in a day.

It puts me in mind of a cat playing with their prey with the vested interest support gradually grinding it back up to 100 before it plummets again.

When will they get bored of the game and rip its head off?

HOLA4423
1 hour ago, Lambie said:

bump for the weekly Foxton's share price collapsing 5% in a day.

It puts me in mind of a cat playing with their prey with the vested interest support gradually grinding it back up to 100 before it plummets again.

When will they get bored of the game and rip its head off?

TMT commented a while back he reckoned the share is being sold "sideways" which by all accounts means someone's tryign to shift their share holding in dribs and drabs to avoid the price collapsing.

I wonder what happens when they've sold them all or peolpe twig.

I've no idea if this is actually happening but the share price does seem to have a lot of support at the 100p mark

HOLA4424
1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

TMT commented a while back he reckoned the share is being sold "sideways" which by all accounts means someone's tryign to shift their share holding in dribs and drabs to avoid the price collapsing.

I wonder what happens when they've sold them all or peolpe twig.

I've no idea if this is actually happening but the share price does seem to have a lot of support at the 100p mark

http://shorttracker.co.uk/company/GB00BCKFY513/all

Only 7.5% out on loan,which surprises me.Hard to borrow mebbe?

Which is about half the rate for Morrisons

http://shorttracker.co.uk/company/GB0006043169/all

Edited by Sancho Panza

HOLA4425