House Price Crash Forum

In Other News..clarkson The Racist To Be Fired

Bloo Loo

HOLA441

The last time I heard that word on TV was a couple of weeks ago on BBC News when a guest paper reviewer said "Nobody uses n***** these days". Hearing it used in discussion like that rather surprised me, but the black news anchor, Clive Myrie, didn't bat an eyelid.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

It is racist these days to tell the truth.

black people are black...the n word is a degradation of negre...which means....black.

My granma called them coloureds...as that was how they were refered to in her day. In my day, in Detroit, the coloreds sat at the back of the bus.

but, it is ok to recognise their difference with the Black police federation, black employment agencies and just about anything else where the self guilt of the white man means they need special help...its a sort of payback.

Im pretty sure Clarkson would have said the n word, as he is about my age, and that was one of the variants we used..i dont recall any persons of colour attending our UK school...I do recall the word was changed to TEACHER as we all thought that was funny...no doubt, teachers will be suing kids if they catch them hurting their feelings so cruelly.

Plenty of older people still use the word coloured, I think many are unaware that it is not pc.

Meanwhile, there was little pc about when I was at school in the late 60s....Little Black Sambo was the first book read to us at infant school.

HOLA443

Plenty of older people still use the word coloured, I think many are unaware that it is not pc.

Meanwhile, there was little pc about when I was at school in the late 60s....Little Black Sambo was the first book read to us at infant school.

we are all coloured.

HOLA444

At primary school (25 years ago) we were told that calling black people black was racist, and that we should only refer to our only black classmate as coloured which was "OK".

No explanation was ever really given so we just kept calling him David (and wondered why grown ups were all so obsessed about seemingly very trivial things).

It wasn't until a few years ago someone told me you can't call black people coloured any more.. you have to call them black.

People who obsess about this stuff still seem odd.

HOLA445
HOLA446

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7CFaApaomg

And the "offending" piece.. which really doesn't seem to have the "intent" alluded to. He even appears to deliberately obscure the line in order not to offend some people's sensibilities.

Pretty obvious that there are no dark undertones here.. just people stirring up trouble because society are prepared to listen to their squawking rants. :rolleyes:

HOLA447

At primary school (25 years ago) we were told that calling black people black was racist, and that we should only refer to our only black classmate as coloured which was "OK".

No explanation was ever really given so we just kept calling him David (and wondered why grown ups were all so obsessed about seemingly very trivial things).

It wasn't until a few years ago someone told me you can't call black people coloured any more.. you have to call them black.

People who obsess about this stuff still seem odd.

I see where you are failing...you are not recognisant of "David's" particular needs and difficulties..you need to recognise he is somehow different, but you are not allowed to say you recognise this difference, until it comes to some selection where his "difference" will have a bearing on the selection. You may even be excluded from the selection on the grounds that Davids Difference means that he should be given priority as the selectors could be seen to have excluded David, so it is best for all concerned that David is included as clear proof that no-one even noticed that David was different.

HOLA448

Politicians are guilty of encouraging this stupid policy of thought crime:

The Education Secretary Michael Gove has said an alleged racist word used by Jeremy Clarkson during filming of a Top Gear episode was "horrendous and shouldn't be used," but said the apology from the presenter should be enough.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

And here it is:

Lawyers for the Indian-born actor Somi Guha, who appeared in The Bill and other television shows, made a formal complaint to the BBC Trust as calls for Clarkson to be sacked gathered pace. In the letter, which was also sent to the media regulator Ofcom and has been seen by the Guardian, the lawyer Lawrence Davies demanded an external investigation into how the offensive language had come to be edited out of the show and whether Clarkson had been reprimanded.

so there we have it...the BBC is now accused of institutional racism for the mere fact the clip wasnt used in the open.

This is a total twisting of reality in the guise of anti racism...apparently the word shouldnt be used in any circumstance according to the article....yet it is fine for people of other races to use it...how do you square that argument?

amazingly or probably not, the aired version featured the rhyme but the word used was TEACHER.

me and Clarkson...could be my true ID is outed.

HOLA4415

The silly thing is that the black community have already tried to reclaim the word in a positive context, but everyone else is still desperate to cling to the negative connotations.

Like the word "gay" or as Mark said, "queer" can be used in a negative context, except people have just reclaimed them to mean something positive/descriptive instead of banning people from saying it.

Or look at my user title, Frijolero, a word long considered a racist slur to describe Mexicans/Latinos, then reclaimed to be something positive.

Just because a descriptive word is used negatively by some people, doesn't mean it has to be banned. You can just make it good again.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KcV-H8jFoA

Cringeworthy..

(couldn't embed.. new forum seems a bit screwy. Someone else can if they know how)

[Edit: Ahh.. auto embedded. Excellent!]

Am I the only one who can see he's completely and utterly taking the piss? I heard it on the news this morning and couldn't help laughing.

On a side note I've only ever heard the n word used in this rhyme by one person... The priest at primary school who used to use it to select which kids were going to get a sweet at playtime :). To be fair he was about 90 and completely senile.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

I see where you are failing...you are not recognisant of "David's" particular needs and difficulties..you need to recognise he is somehow different, but you are not allowed to say you recognise this difference, until it comes to some selection where his "difference" will have a bearing on the selection. You may even be excluded from the selection on the grounds that Davids Difference means that he should be given priority as the selectors could be seen to have excluded David, so it is best for all concerned that David is included as clear proof that no-one even noticed that David was different.

You have passed the diversity exams now Bloo. You can now supply the public sector with toilet rolls - as long as they are white ones.

HOLA4420

Being PC is taken to extremes in Canada: a conversation the other day went like this:

A: you know Bill, yeah?

Me: no, what does he look like?

A: er, he's tall, dark hair, glasses, sits on the 12th floor.

Me: no

A: you know, smartly dressed, always goes running at lunch time.

Me: oh yeah, the black guy.

A: WHAT, you can't say that.

Me: but he's the only black guy in the office.

It actually went back and forward more times, talking about what car he drove and what school his kids went to. I'll probably be sent for reeducation for saying the B word.

Whilst on the subject, you can't call an indigenous person an Indian here - they are "first nation" people. ( perfectly acceptable to call IT support a bloody Indian, though)

HOLA4421

The acronym 'gay' was coined by homosexuals, Good As You. Sort of ironic that some now use it as an insult. Oh man that is so Good As You. :)

I thought it came into use in English in the twelfth century, from the French gai, meaning a joyfull person, and only later came to be associated with sexuality.

HOLA4422

Am I the only one who can see he's completely and utterly taking the piss? I heard it on the news this morning and couldn't help laughing.

On a side note I've only ever heard the n word used in this rhyme by one person... The priest at primary school who used to use it to select which kids were going to get a sweet at playtime :). To be fair he was about 90 and completely senile.

Actually I thought the opposite; I thought he looked genuinely scared that he was gonna lose his job, and thus was having to grovel in such a pathetic way like this.

He's having to grovel for mumbling an offensive word (it was very hard to hear if he actually said it or not), in a bit of footage that was never broadcast.

I can't stand Clarkson, and would have no problem with him being off our screens, but this is a load of fuss over nothing.

HOLA4423

Interesting and yet the dog in the remake of Dambusters is going to have to be renamed to Digger so not to offend yet if it's a film about slaves historical accuracy is fine?

The removal of the N-word from Mark Twain's novels has been discussed by people, obviously sillier than me!

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived