House Price Crash Forum

You Won't See This On Bbc / Censored From Bbc Thread.

HOLA441

I see lots of news is suppressed from the BBC or just given a paragraph, I thought I would kick off with this one.

http://rt.com/news/anonymous-million-mask-march-225/

'We are legion!' Anonymous allies stand up against corruption in global march - Published time: November 05, 2013 06:54

Protesters wearing Guy Fawkes masks to mark their support of the Anonymous hactivist movement are staging protests all around the world on Tuesday. The self-styled legion of activists is opposing corporate and government corruption.

Read RT's live updates on the march protests.

Cities in Japan, Australia, and New Zealand have already started their local events. Activists in Europe and US are expected to join soon. A total of 400 cities are holding some kind of protest on Tuesday(today).

In London, thousands are expected to rally at Trafalgar Square, where supporters of Anonymous have congregated on past Guy Fawkes Days in huge numbers.

he US capital Washington is expected to hold a massive ‘Million Mask March’ event.

“To remind this world what it has forgotten, that fairness, justice and freedom are more than just words,” is the stated aim, according to the gathering’s Facebook page. The rally is scheduled to involve a meet-up near the Washington Monument that will then involve a march up the street to the nearby White House.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

Did you see this reported anywhere on the BBc:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal:Current_events

"Two people, members of the far-right Greek political party Golden Dawn, are killed in a drive-by shooting, outside the offices of Golden Dawn in Neo Iraklio, Athens. (Reuters) (Kathimerini)"

Funnily enough the wikipedia current events page have a list of ongoing events:

"Ongoing events - Economic

Great Recession

Eurozone crisis

Greek government-debt crisis"

HOLA443

Good call, I hadn't seen that Wikipedia page before.

I must admit I almost never look at the BBC unless there is a page linked from here. About once per week I watch the TV at breakfast, but it is usually a painful event so I have my brekie at the PC.

I find RT give a better and more honest coverage of current events than the BBC who don't want to frighten the sheeple

HOLA444

I must admit I almost never look at the BBC unless there is a page linked from here. About once per week I watch the TV at breakfast, but it is usually a painful event so I have my brekie at the PC.

I find RT give a better and more honest coverage of current events than the BBC who don't want to frighten the sheeple

RT is the Russian pointy stick to dig into the west basically. But yeah they do seem to cover the stuff that we see which the British news doesn't. And it's not exactly unusual events, it's the common stuff we all talk about online.

HOLA445

Did you see this reported anywhere on the BBc:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal:Current_events

"Two people, members of the far-right Greek political party Golden Dawn, are killed in a drive-by shooting, outside the offices of Golden Dawn in Neo Iraklio, Athens. (Reuters) (Kathimerini)"

Yes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-24780379

I remember seeing this a few days ago; it must have been on the front page of the BBC website. No idea if it was on the TV/radio though.

HOLA446

RT is the Russian pointy stick to dig into the west basically. But yeah they do seem to cover the stuff that we see which the British news doesn't. And it's not exactly unusual events, it's the common stuff we all talk about online.

That's how I see it: imperfect, but a good way to balance the partiality of our own biased media.

What amazes me is the looks I get from otherwise highly intelligent friends/family if ever I mention the bias/propaganda of the BBC...

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Another from RT

Britain allegedly spied on Merkel a mere stone’s throw from her desk

Britain is using its Berlin embassy to spy on the nearby Bundestag, as well as the office of Chancellor Angela Merkel. Concern was raised following the latest Snowden revelations and prompted the German FM to invite the British ambassador 'for a talk'.

The news comes just one week after the alleged closure of an American listening ‘nest’ just 150 meters away from the British embassy, which is believed to be damage control following the embarrassing details of how the US itself is listening in on Merkel.

NSA documents leaked by Snowden, and supported by satellite photographs and related information about past spying activities, talk of high-tech listening equipment perched right on top of the British embassy, the Independent revealed in an exclusive.

The allegations prompted the German Foreign Ministry to call on British Ambassador Simon McDonald to discuss Tuesday's reports. “At the instigation of Foreign Minister (Guido) Westerwelle, the British ambassador was asked to come for a talk at the Foreign Ministry,” the Ministry said in a statement.

“The director of the European department asked for an explanation of current reports in British media and indicated that tapping communications from a diplomatic mission would be a violation of international law”, it continued.

The roof of the British embassy appears to contain a white, box-like structure that only shows up when photographed from above. The suspected listening device has been mounted atop the roof since the embassy’s opening in 2000. Germany’s centers of political power are all built around the Brandenburg Gate, within easy reach of the facility’s equipment.

The strength of the equipment has been assessed as such that it can intercept mobile phone conversations, Wi-Fi traffic, and even long-distance calls made from anywhere in Berlin.

The reason for the suspicions has to do with the striking resemblance of the device to Cold-War-era toys used by the British in West Berlin. There, housed in the now defunct Teufelsberg (Devil’s Mountain), the GCHQ used to intercept messages between Russia and East Germany.

“We don’t comment on intelligence questions,” came the reply from British Prime Minister David Cameron’s official spokesman. But according to some, like the German Green Party’s MEP, Jan Albrecht, “If GCHQ runs a listening post on the top of the UK’s Berlin embassy it is clearly targeting politicians and journalists.”

HOLA4413

It's nice to see that Guy Fawkes is being reinvented as a popular hero. Hopefully we'll see a few real bankers and politicians being roasted on the bonfires before long.

RT is ridiculous, not because what it says is necessarily false, but because it is all it says 24hrs a day. Aren't there any other subjects in the world worth reporting, apart from the misery and unfairness in Britain the US and Europe? When a channel has such a blatant propaganda agenda, it's hard to take anything they say seriously.

HOLA4414

RT is ridiculous, not because what it says is necessarily false, but because it is all it says 24hrs a day. Aren't there any other subjects in the world worth reporting, apart from the misery and unfairness in Britain the US and Europe? When a channel has such a blatant propaganda agenda, it's hard to take anything they say seriously.

I tend to think that about the BBC.

HOLA4415

RT is ridiculous, not because what it says is necessarily false, but because it is all it says 24hrs a day. Aren't there any other subjects in the world worth reporting, apart from the misery and unfairness in Britain the US and Europe?

You evidently don't watch RT much. They cover whatever stories from South America, Russia, Australia etc etc.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

I look at RT regularly, admittedly usually not for very long. I know they report a bit about Russia (I exaggerated earlier, shock horror), but I don't remember ever hearing much about Australia or South America. I assume they are against any of the USA's allies, and in favour of their enemies?

I am pretty cynical about most of the press and media. In particular, the coverage of Russia (and certain other mainly former communist states, e.g. in Eastern Europe and Central Asia) in most western media is relentlessly negative, especially compared to the coverage of China, which is probably on balance positive, and even North Korea and Zimbabwe probably get a better press.

I dont really know what life is really like in Russia, but I assume it is not wholly negative, and that the BBC is unbalanced in their reporting.

On the other hand, i do know what life is like in the UK, and I know in general it isn't quite as bad as they make out. The stories they constantlydepict only the very worst.

The difference between them is, you only hear reports on the BBC about Russia etc about once or twice a month on the BBC, while on RT it's 24hrs a day (sorry, I just can't help myself with the exaggerating), which makes me think the BBC is mildly biased, while RT is wholly unreliable. There are certain aspects where I think it does provide a useful balance, e.g. in Syria and Lybia, although I really have completely no idea of the truth of what is going on in those countries.

Another thing is, RT is pretty much never quoted by any other established media sources, although I guess that could just confirm how biased all western media is, depending on your outlook. [edit: I better take tha back. I just googled, and RT does get referenced a fair bit]

HOLA4418

The constant BBC-bashing here is ridiculous. Every single day there's another thread about how evil the nulabia-supporting, HPI-ramping corporation is, with every single employee stuffed to the gills with taxpayer-funded BTLs. You don't like it and resent paying for; we get it.

HOLA4419

I like all these foreign news channels - reminds me of listening to Radio Moscow on my home built radios when I was a boy.

I also had a load of old (even then) valve radios which used to hum, warm up and glow. Loved those - wonder if they're still in my mother's attic; probably worth a few bob these days (and it would be so cool to have one in the sitting room).

HOLA4420

There was a video posted on two blogs about the economic changes going on in Hungary. Basically a new PM has told the IMF, bnakers adn EU to a degree to bugger off, has put the people first (e.g., mandating a 20% reduction in energy bills) and seems to be effecting some positive change in the country. Reminded me of the route Iceland took post 2008 crash.

The funny thing is I've heard nothing about it, nothing in the MSN or even on here. If the media is controlled we don't want ordinary people getting ideas that there are other ways of doing things. I wonder if it's true.

First saw the video at Captain Ranty's place.

HOLA4421

The constant BBC-bashing here is ridiculous. Every single day there's another thread about how evil the nulabia-supporting, HPI-ramping corporation is, with every single employee stuffed to the gills with taxpayer-funded BTLs. You don't like it and resent paying for; we get it.

Yeah thanks for your input Lord Reith.

HOLA4422

BYVJ8aLCEAAXRrs.jpg

HOLA4423

Map of protest locations from RT:

1-1.jpg

Note - none in Russia!

NB. May have buggered up embedded image - am on mobile HPC interface.

HOLA4424

It's nice to see that Guy Fawkes is being reinvented as a popular hero. Hopefully we'll see a few real bankers and politicians being roasted on the bonfires before long.

I watch regularly and they report from all over. If there is any favours, then they tend to report a lot about uprisings in Arab countries, but then maybe Arab countries have a lot of news worthy activity.

They also have Max Keiser who to me is an economic guru, and highlights the corruption in the British banking system and how Osborne runs the economy too politically and does not address the real economic issues. He highlights the unfairness of it all and how it adversely affects people like us.

HOLA4425

Archived