House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

HOLA441
4 hours ago, longgone said:

No he just front loaded it from the start.

Like a dfs sale with a warehouse full of sofas for the staff.

🤣

💯 FALSE - 

4 hours ago, longgone said:

The danger is quite addictive actually.

Might get some more 😂

It is for me!  Just bought more - went under £37k earlier. BTFD @warpig

2 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

I found your new avatar @longgone

dm57_large.jpg?v=1558479141

🤣🤣🤣

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
11 minutes ago, Buffer Bear said:

Not far from the truth, probably.

C'mon @warpig

Sorry I know I missed a couple of replies from you... but I'm struggling to keep up with this week, let alone this thread. $51K isn't going to hold IMO... I'm waiting for the battle at £45K... The next 2 weeks in the market are going to be very interesting... time to find out if BTC is a safe haven or a speculative asset.

HOLA4412
8 minutes ago, warpig said:

Sorry I know I missed a couple of replies from you... but I'm struggling to keep up with this week, let alone this thread. $51K isn't going to hold IMO... I'm waiting for the battle at £45K... The next 2 weeks in the market are going to be very interesting... time to find out if BTC is a safe haven or a speculative asset.

Not a problem.  Thanks for making an appearance ($45 you mean, I take it).  And if BTC does prove itself to be a safe haven, in your view, will you be in?  Will be interesting to see who's right but there is a pattern of dumping near the end of the month.  I'm sure others can explain why this happens...

24 minutes ago, wighty said:

But then his charts will tell him it'll drop further and he'll revise to $39.

Biden's 43% CGT rate could upst the apple cart.

Indeed and Venmo and an ETF...

HOLA4413
17 minutes ago, Buffer Bear said:

Not a problem.  Thanks for making an appearance ($45 you mean, I take it).  And if BTC does prove itself to be a safe haven, in your view, will you be in?  Will be interesting to see who's right but there is a pattern of dumping near the end of the month.  I'm sure others can explain why this happens...

Sorry yes that was supposed to be a dollar sign. Even good assets sell off under duress... so it might not be obvious which side of the line it stands. Although it doesn't really matter to me... I just need to be certain of the direction of travel and it's longevity. I'll keep watching. 

HOLA4414

1 hour ago, warpig said:

Sorry yes that was supposed to be a dollar sign. Even good assets sell off under duress... so it might not be obvious which side of the line it stands. Although it doesn't really matter to me... I just need to be certain of the direction of travel and it's longevity. I'll keep watching. 

Given the well established pattern of BTC's growth, over the long-term, what more does it have to do to convince you it is a less risky investment than many others? @warpig

Hope you're keeping any eye on the market today given the options sell-off...I'm still learning about this area of trading.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

It’s now well below what I sold for when I felt it was getting toppy due to flighty FOMO buyers, and recently with the moronic Alt gamblers rejoining the chat, to me that’s a further sign of flighty no-understanding buyers getting in at a late stage. I mean buying worthless alts? Come on guys! 

Time will tell if this is a dip to be bought or the start of a crash. 

For now my small DCA is buying more BTC per £ and I have my gains locked in at higher prices than this. 

Would be nice to be proved right, and perhaps ‘doing a jiltedjen’ will actually be selling near the highs and buying the lows. 

And doing a ‘bufferbear’ will be FOMO buying into a late cycle while talking down to bitcoin veterans. 

I guess someone had to pay my mortgage off for me. 

The true bitcoin bosses join in at the lows not the highs. 

Edited by jiltedjen

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
1 hour ago, jiltedjen said:

It’s now well below what I sold for when I felt it was getting toppy due to flighty FOMO buyers, and recently with the moronic Alt gamblers rejoining the chat, to me that’s a further sign of flighty no-understanding buyers getting in at a late stage. I mean buying worthless alts? Come on guys! 

Time will tell if this is a dip to be bought or the start of a crash. 

For now my small DCA is buying more BTC per £ and I have my gains locked in at higher prices than this. 

Would be nice to be proved right, and perhaps ‘doing a jiltedjen’ will actually be selling near the highs and buying the lows. 

And doing a ‘bufferbear’ will be FOMO buying into a late cycle while talking down to bitcoin veterans. 

I guess someone had to pay my mortgage off for me. 

The true bitcoin bosses join in at the lows not the highs. 

Relax, its just coming down to test the 21 WMA, now that it is high enough. Only time to worry is when that doesn't hold, as the 21 WMA has never not held in any Bitcoin bull market until after the blow off top. That level is currently $44k. 

Until then, Nothing to see here i'm affraid. 

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

But capital gains tax was nothing to be worried about yeah? no reason to sell in the end 

perhaps rubbing in worries about legitimate concerns was a bit silly especially when those concerns turn into real price falls.

might not of been the Uk CGT which caused the drop but a worry about American CGT