House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

HOLA441
1 hour ago, dugsbody said:

I don't know anything about dogecoin but isn't it a PoW coin? If they increase the block size 10X then then don't the start to suffer from the same issue BCH did, which was it becomes a centralised coin trusting the big miners?

@longgonenor me but those that do are pretty much mocking Musk's idea given their knowledge and experience in this area which also touched on the point you make.

HOLA442
43 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

I cannot recall who but a couple of posters on here have said that they mined their coins, probably in the early  days when you could do it on your PC.

Yes mined millions then swapped for 1/4 of a bitcoin.🤣

HOLA443
21 minutes ago, Buffer Bear said:

@longgonenor me but those that do are pretty much mocking Musk's idea given their knowledge and experience in this area which also touched on the point you make.

Dunno

I thought musk was working on the development of doge too ?

Could be manipulating the price though.

Im sure he must own a few billion 🤣

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
2 hours ago, dugsbody said:

I don't know anything about dogecoin but isn't it a PoW coin? If they increase the block size 10X then then don't the start to suffer from the same issue BCH did, which was it becomes a centralised coin trusting the big miners?

Yes yes and yes.

HOLA447
2 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

I cannot recall who but a couple of posters on here have said that they mined their coins, probably in the early  days when you could do it on your PC.

In that case they should have paid income tax at the time they mined them but after that it’s capital gains like anyone else that bought rather than mined

HOLA448
HOLA449
2 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

I  mined at total of 5.3 BTC , 100 LTC and 100k Doge between April 2013 and April 2014, all within that tax year. No duty owed as it was a loss making venture. Mining equipment cost me £2k, plus leccy costs a good few hundred quid. By April 6th 2014 the value of the crypto had crashed to $350 BTC from $1100 , so it was net underwater for the mined cost.

Booked a loss making venture for Crypto that year. Last mining was done mid May 2014 then quit, but that would have been Sats and also loss making just from the cost of leccy. 

HOLA4410
4 hours ago, longgone said:

Thought £18 was all you could put in ??

How do yoy buy this pulse ?

Pulsechain will be on pre launch sacrifice donation basis via other cyptos via usd value initially before being let loose on defi and some exchanges for general trading.  

It's all in development now but the website will be updated and give details nearer live time. I suggest you follow Richard Heart on YouTube or Telegram to keep informed. 

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
3 hours ago, Buffer Bear said:

I'm sure there are at least a few including @markyhmarkyh, who has documented it from the early stages of this thread, and I think @MonsieurCopperCrutch.

@goldbug9999ggoldbug9999goldbug9999goldbug9999goldbug999goldbug9999ggoldbug9999goldbug9999goldbug9999goldbug999@oldbug9999 @Confusion of VIs

Not me. I looked at mining but decided it was faster and cheaper for me overall just the purchase my crypto. 

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
1 hour ago, markyh said:

Pulsechain will be on pre launch sacrifice donation basis via other cyptos via usd value initially before being let loose on defi and some exchanges for general trading.  

It's all in development now but the website will be updated and give details nearer live time. I suggest you follow Richard Heart on YouTube or Telegram to keep informed. 

Can you just give me a tl;dr?

I own a bunch of ETH which isn't staked. Do I need to do anything to benefit from this?

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425