House Price Crash Forum

Nigella Lawson Attacked By Husband Charles Saatchi In Public

HOLA441

I'd report that to the police myself. Any man who just shrugs that off is asking for more of the same, battered husbands do exist and I have read some tragic stories. Everybody, man or woman, should get it on record the first time.

I've had a phone thrown at me and I thought that was too minor to report (and it turned out to be a one-off) but if I'd had my throat grabbed I'd have been down there, I was straight down to the station after an ex's ex threatened me (I was having none of it as I'm built like a tank but told him it was going on the record anyway because he'd tried) and he made a point of avoiding me like the plague after that. Intimidation / domestic violence thrives on fear and secrecy, they rely on you not going to the police.

I never realised you were one of Gordon's SPADs.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Saatchi's done his best to ruin Nigella's reputation.

Hell hath no fury like a sh1t who has been scorned.

Drop the e mail ......let the papers run wild with it

Then state in court he had no evidence of her alleged drug use, nothing to do with him

....job done. Media manipulation with minimal effort.

Piece of work ! And then some.....

HOLA445

Bit sneaky of him sending that email - he knew the defence would find it.

Newspapers are saying the email was revealed by her lawyers. Hmmm. Could be an amazing postmodern manipulation of information.

Sorry for the DM link, but I thought this quote was brilliant - from one of the accused sisters, a true citizen of city-state London: 'I'd rather go to jail than Battersea'

Actually this is a really interesting story about the wealthy and their servants - better than Downton. The evidence of the accountant says it all.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2515426/I-adore-Nigella--Im-broken-hearted-lost-Charles-Saatchis-emotional-confession-tells-court-doesnt-know-took-drugs-gives-HIS-version-throttling-incident.html

HOLA446

Newspapers are saying the email was revealed by her lawyers. Hmmm. Could be an amazing postmodern manipulation of information.

Sorry for the DM link, but I thought this quote was brilliant - from one of the accused sisters, a true citizen of city-state London: 'I'd rather go to jail than Battersea'

Actually this is a really interesting story about the wealthy and their servants - better than Downton. The evidence of the accountant says it all.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2515426/I-adore-Nigella--Im-broken-hearted-lost-Charles-Saatchis-emotional-confession-tells-court-doesnt-know-took-drugs-gives-HIS-version-throttling-incident.html

"I love Nigella - I must destroy her to save her from herself." <_<

HOLA447
HOLA448

So, it turns out that Charles Saatchi was having coke filled orgies with the 2 sisters and Nigella found out about it. Charles in typically psychologiclly flawed ways blamed Nigella for pushing him to do it and angrily grabs her throat and tweaks her nose in public.

(I think I'll start a line in 'alternative interpretations of real life scandals' ;))

Moreover, the sisters were heavily into bdsm because they stated that 'they would rather go to jail than Battersea.'

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

"I love Nigella - I must destroy her to save her from herself." <_<

But the jury was talked through extensive allegations originating from Mr Saatchi in which he endorsed statements by the Grillo sisters, accusing Miss Lawson of daily cocaine snorting, heavy cannabis smoking and prescription drug abuse.

After the TV chef last month threatened to withdraw her evidence from the Grillos’ trial, Mr Saatchi’s lawyers sent his ex-wife a letter. It made reference to inquiries the multi-millionaire made with his daughter Phoebe, 19, and other staff members, which he said supported the drug allegations against his wife.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

But the jury was talked through extensive allegations originating from Mr Saatchi in which he endorsed statements by the Grillo sisters, accusing Miss Lawson of daily cocaine snorting, heavy cannabis smoking and prescription drug abuse.

After the TV chef last month threatened to withdraw her evidence from the Grillos’ trial, Mr Saatchi’s lawyers sent his ex-wife a letter. It made reference to inquiries the multi-millionaire made with his daughter Phoebe, 19, and other staff members, which he said supported the drug allegations against his wife.

While in his own evidence he denied all knowledge. seems like he is playing a dangerous game.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Nigella admits taking cocaine after "intimate terrorism" by Saatchi.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ngland-25218617

What on earth is "intimate terrorism"?

The sums of money talked about in this case gast my flabber. £100,000 a month shopping ? :huh:. And that was not uncommon. The assistant's credit card limit being raised, from £25K, to £50K, to £100K by the accountant, and Charles never knew about it?

Shakes head in wonder......

Talking about the enormous shopping sprees funded by the household – with Miss Lawson and five personal assistants lashing out £100,000 a month on average – barrister Karina Arden, defending Francesca Grillo, asked Mr Gajjar: ‘So the level of spending, which may be suggested by the Crown to be extraordinary – certainly you and Charles knew about it?’

‘Yes,’ replied the accountant, before explaining that Mr Saatchi would not have been aware of the details.

HOLA4418

What on earth is "intimate terrorism"?

The sums of money talked about in this case gast my flabber. £100,000 a month shopping ? :huh:. And that was not uncommon. The assistant's credit card limit being raised, from £25K, to £50K, to £100K by the accountant, and Charles never knew about it?

Shakes head in wonder......

I'm sat here joining in with your head shaking, plus some chin scratching for good measure.... The idea that £100K could pissed up the wall on a monthly basis and nobody bats an eyelid does beg the question about whether some people really do have too much fecking money...

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

I'm sat here joining in with your head shaking, plus some chin scratching for good measure.... The idea that £100K could pissed up the wall on a monthly basis and nobody bats an eyelid does beg the question about whether some people really do have too much fecking money...

that's nothing. remember the secretary that took over 4 million from her banker employers who were so rich that they didn't notice for 2 years.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-206364/Bank-secretary-stole-4-3m.html

HOLA4421

Sometimes you just have to laugh at these super rich knxbheads...laugh.gif

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/2093053.stm

Blimey, that takes me back. I remember looking at that sculpture in the Saatchi Gallery in the 90's. I was an art student at the time, and I recall how all of us were dismayed at all the "modern art" i.e. unmade beds, seeing your reflection in an oil pool, pebbles on the floor etc etc. It really was ridiculous IMO, and still is. Give me a beautiful painting any day.

HOLA4422

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2526342/BREAKING-NEWS-Nigella-aides-NOT-GUILTY-defrauding-couple-685-000-four-year-designer-spending-spree.html

Not Guilty, seems Nigella was not a credible witness.

Edit to add

Goes to show the credibility of David Cameron is equally questionable.

HOLA4423

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2526342/BREAKING-NEWS-Nigella-aides-NOT-GUILTY-defrauding-couple-685-000-four-year-designer-spending-spree.html

Not Guilty, seems Nigella was not a credible witness.

Edit to add

Goes to show the credibility of David Cameron is equally questionable.

Not surprised. As soon as she admits taking drugs then there is reasonable doubt as it all becomes he said, she said.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
In the immediate aftermath of the verdict, the prime minister was asked if he was pleased and told journalists: "I've probably said enough about this, so I'll take the 5th."

Is Cameron aware of which continent he's on?

Archived