House Price Crash Forum

Nigella Lawson Attacked By Husband Charles Saatchi In Public

HOLA441

Maybe she's just admitted to having sexual relations with another man in the USA, told Saatchi in a public place where she 'knows' he would be too embarrassed to act. ;)

A lover spurned can be a very angry thing. He may have just shown incredible restraint. After all there's cutlery.

A reaction can convey the existence of love. No reaction would not.

(of course we know nothing about the underlying story between a couple beyond a couple of pics and universal condemnation for Saatchi)

We can guess all sorts of things about this relationship or any other relationship.....we know very little, the only ones that do know are the people it is happening to, the only ones who can sort it is themselves. ;)

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

Agree with you....also from the behaviour it looks like that was not the first time it has happened, she looked like she was trying to pacify and calm him down knowing that he has a temper, a short fuse and could create a bigger scene a more embarrassing episode in a very public place......by his actions he is demonstrating that he has little respect for her and properly even less for himself. ;)

LOOKS LIKE, being the operative words here.

Like Saville, the presnetation by the press makes it LOOK LIKE he was a serial peadophile.

we dont know what the conversation was that preceded the incident, we dont see any pictures other than those sympathetic to the headline, and we are deliberately told what the story should be.

We dont know if the pictures havent been "sexed up"....she is clearly not choking, but a hand appears to be on her throat.

I suspect that the man accused of doing this stuff is indeed a ruthless ****, for he would not have achieved what he did without ever calling favours or other shennanigans....

but, any picture can paint a case if shown in the wrong context.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Jesus wept. On top off the insurance for the warehouse fire where irreplacable items from the likes of Tracey Emin were stored.

I wonder if trhe Candy's borrowed the money.

Last month the art collector revealed that he enjoys having his famous wife ‘coveted’ by other men. Writing in his latest book Be The Worst You Can Be: Life’s Too Long For Patience And Virtue, he said: ‘Coveting is all everyone does, all the time, every day.

‘It’s what drives the world economy, pushes people to make a go of their lives.

‘Who would want to be married to someone who nobody coveted?’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2125360/Nigella-Lawson-sells-luxury-Belgravia-flat-21m-profit.html#ixzz2WgmF2SA8

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Jesus wept. On top off the insurance for the warehouse fire where irreplacable items from the likes of Tracey Emin were stored.

I wonder if trhe Candy's borrowed the money.

and most people on here want lower taxes

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Anyone seen the abuse Clegg is getting for - what i have just heard - seen perfectly reasonable comments about this case ?

Ridiculous.

Appearing on his Call Clegg radio phone-in, Mr Clegg was asked if he would have intervened if he had been sat at the next table.

He replied: 'I just don't know. There was this one photograph. I don't know whether that was just a fleeting thing.'

He later added: 'I don't know whether that was a fleeting moment.'

Which is him saying he didn't know from a photo what actually happened.

As this quote is prefaced with:

Charles Saatchi repeatedly grabbed wife Nigella Lawson by the neck

Mr Clegg seemed not to know that police had issued a caution over the assault

It sounds like he is downplaying it but I can't see that he is, he's just saying he doesn't know so isn't rushing to condemn. Fair enough.

His later statement when he was filled in on what had happened is also fair enough IMO, I don't see it as a climb down as he wasn't downplaying domestic violence in the first place; this was not Sean Connery saying some women need a slap.

In a statement issued this afternoon, Mr Clegg insisted: 'I completely condemn all forms of domestic violence.

'As I said on the radio, my instinct would always be to try and protect the weaker person, to try and protect the person who otherwise would be hurt.

'But I was asked a very specific question about how I would have reacted to a specific incident which I did not see.

'I said I did not know how I would have reacted to that specific incident because I do not know what happened.

'The point I was making is that I don’t know what other people in the restaurant saw and I don’t want to make a judgement on their reaction.'

The only reason there is "fury" is because people want to have a go so don't bother reading the facts.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2345208/Fury-Nick-Clegg-describes-Nigella-assault-fleeting-thing-Deputy-PM-forced-issue-statement-condemning-violence.html

HOLA4418

Which is him saying he didn't know from a photo what actually happened.

As this quote is prefaced with:

It sounds like he is downplaying it but I can't see that he is, he's just saying he doesn't know so isn't rushing to condemn. Fair enough.

His later statement when he was filled in on what had happened is also fair enough IMO, I don't see it as a climb down as he wasn't downplaying domestic violence in the first place; this was not Sean Connery saying some women need a slap.

The only reason there is "fury" is because people want to have a go so don't bother reading the facts.

http://www.dailymail...g-violence.html

although his explanation is 100% ligit, that doesnt matter...he is a target for any nugget of personal abuse...and we wonder why Politicians never give a straight answer.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Great review of Charles Saatchi's book on Amazon

Amazon

A friend suggested that it was impossible to hold something without gripping it but I assured him, and made sure to repeatedly emphasise my point, that it must be possible as the author himself had been very clear on this method of holding in an official statement.

:D

HOLA4422
article-2347086-1A766541000005DC-799_634x492.jpg

Yesterday, two of the country's top lawyers met for a secret lunch at the central London restaurant where Charles Saatchi grabbed the throat of his wife.

Raymond Tooth, Saatchi's lawyer, and Baroness Fiona Shackleton, Miss Lawson's lawyer, were at Scott's restaurant in Mayfair, the same restaurant where Mr Saatchi was pictured arguing with his wife.

The legal experts, considered the best in the country by some, hugged and kissed as they greeted each other on Mount Street.

Tooth appeared to present Shackleton, dressed in a colourful floral outfit, with a small gift before they went inside the eatery. It is not known what the meeting was about.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2347086/Nigella-Lawsons-throat-attack-ordeal-Charles-Saatchi-momentary-tiff.html

HOLA4423

http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/celebrity-news/nigella-lawson-to-rent-a-home-in-la-as-charles-saatchi-claims-i-was-wiping-her-nose-8671200.html

Further images show him twisting his wife’s nose and putting a finger in her nostril. Mr Saatchi told the Standard today that “even domestic goddesses sometimes have a bit of snot in their nose. I was trying to fish it out”.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived