• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Does the APR take the fee into account? I thought it was just the first interest rate and then the SVR.

I beleive the APR takes all costs into account for a year.

Thats why APRs of 2000% plus are seen on the telly....you may only pay £15 for a £100pay day loan, so in this case people can see usery, whereas most banks will charge you £20 for being £1 over your overdraft limit.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Does anyone have a chart of future expected interst rates? Those are very cheap now. 150k mortgage less than 300 quid a month interest

Would really like to know how long this is going to go on for :(

the time to drop a leveraged asset is when the levers are throwing the kitchen sink at them...clearly, they are at or near the max.

HOLA449

the time to drop a leveraged asset is when the levers are throwing the kitchen sink at them...clearly, they are at or near the max.

At the turn of the year I finally thought thing were going to correct but after the budget it's all up in the air again. Its getting to a position of gambling now, the difference between the rent and interest on a mortgage is getting so big that if you funnelled the difference into repayments you will be paying down the capital very quickly. If this is going to continue for years then you could have your mortgage down to peanuts before rates go up again. Tough questions

HOLA4410

At the turn of the year I finally thought thing were going to correct but after the budget it's all up in the air again. Its getting to a position of gambling now, the difference between the rent and interest on a mortgage is getting so big that if you funnelled the difference into repayments you will be paying down the capital very quickly. If this is going to continue for years then you could have your mortgage down to peanuts before rates go up again. Tough questions

....all depends on what you pay for rent of course......but divide your net pay into the total cost of what you would spend on a property......how many years would it take to repay it if every penny you earned went on repaying debt not including the interest and fees, stamp duty, upkeep etc

Then think if you waited a while, saved in the right places and were able to earn some more to knock off some of that cost........when more people need or want to sell, when they see their property 'investments' are not keeping up with inflation and they are finding that they are putting their hands into their pockets more times than they would like to, homes will become cheaper to buy......it is only the low interest rates and TPTB putting pressure on people to buy that have stopped larger nominal falls......there is no more room left for manoeuvre, the options have all but been saturated...... ;)

HOLA4411

house prices are falling most places.

asking prices are not.

buying isnt for me. too spoilt by renting,

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Nothing has changed, UK government can`t match the money that was around for mortgages in the days of securitization, it is inevitable what has to happen, Osbourne is just pretending to want to keep the ponzi afloat because there are quite a few votes in it, if banks are ever going to make mortgage business work for them again those who own outright, or have small mortgages have to drop their selling prices.

HOLA4418

What would you rather have a £50k house and 8% interest rate or a £250k house and a 2% interest rate?

Or a £500k house and 0% interest rate...........remember all these houses are the same house. ;)

Option 1: Monthly repayments £390

Option 2: Monthly repayments £1,067

Option 3: Monthly repayments £1,667

I would definitely go for the £50,000 mortgage!

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

HSBC drops a lot of fees and rates:

http://themortgagemeter.com/#/latest_changes

They seem to be doing some "clever" things with fees to make the determination of up and down a bit more complex, but it's still mostly cheaper mortages.

Some higher LTV mortgages have got dearer.

Thanks again TDoH, great work there.

I've noticed this 10 year fix for First-Time Buyers from Yorkshire Building Society at 3.99%, 75.0% LTV, £0 fee.

Isn't this the first time we have a 75% LTV 10-year fix under 4%?

I just remember that you also have a "Best Buy" table: http://themortgagemeter.com/#/best_buys

Yep, that is indeed the cheapest now. And I don't remember having ever anything lower than that. Do you?

Cheers,

ToW

HOLA4422

"membrane" has fond a 10 year fixed for 3.99%, 75% LTV.

I called up about that yesterday afternoon.

Guess what - they withdrew it yesterday morning. Website still had it up there though.

Yorkshire 10yr or 10yr with offset looks quite good. Came out this week. Get the impression they take turns.

HOLA4423

I called up about that yesterday afternoon.

Guess what - they withdrew it yesterday morning. Website still had it up there though.

Yorkshire 10yr or 10yr with offset looks quite good. Came out this week. Get the impression they take turns.

:lol: Thanks. (My goldfish memory...)

10yr with offset? That sounds good!

Do you have a link please?

Cheers,

ToW

Edit: I've found it: http://www.ybs.co.uk/mortgages/mortgage-finder.html#13274-product-details

Edited by Tired of Waiting

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

HSBC drops a lot of fees and rates:

http://themortgagemeter.com/#/latest_changes

They seem to be doing some "clever" things with fees to make the determination of up and down a bit more complex, but it's still mostly cheaper mortages.

Some higher LTV mortgages have got dearer.

what deal would be best for me? Looking for a fixed ideally of at least 3 years, ideally 5 or 7 years (maybe 10 years). fees at £0 or a few hundred at most if deal is good. LTV around 75%, might get 60% if lucky. might chance a base rate tracker if very low.

current rate 4.74% variable, approx £58k mortgage, 23 years to go.