Labour Gains At Local Elections

bmf

HOLA441
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

I see all my Facebook friends are have voted Labour and have been encouraging people to vote Labour. Tories are nasty for their cuts and jobs losses. In fact the recession was the Torie's fault.

There you go. Perhaps not the answer HPCers are looking for.

Print some more money. Please print more money. I give up.

Edited by MrTReturns

HOLA443

As though Labour never mismanaged the economy. They've been in the "wilderness" for 2 years. It's time.

I know there was a low turnout, but were the British not created to be ruled? Let's get Labour back in and get those bond sales higher.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17920848

Its ok Si and Co will be along in a minute to highlight the important thing is Labour will be out of Govt for a generation rather than walk it in 3 years as everyone will be poorer than they thought they were at the end of the term

Edited by Georgia O'Keeffe

HOLA444
HOLA445

Democracy it's self is part of the problem. The people do not want to accept the pain, it will need to be forced upon them.

Nahhhhhhh, the consensus view of those who post on here insists it's all the fault of the bankers so why should the rest suffer.

I realise active posters may not represent everyone, but they are the face of the site.

HOLA446

Nahhhhhhh, the consensus view of those who post on here insists it's all the fault of the bankers so why should the rest suffer.

I realise active posters may not represent everyone, but they are the face of the site.

Who's fault it is doesn't matter.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Here's what our current form of democracy delivers:

1. Party voted into power.
  2. Electorate become disillusioned by said party.
  3. Electorate reject incumbent party for opposing party.

Repeat ad infinitum.

As Albert Einstein said "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Edited by nmarks

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Like many others have said, i wish labour would have won the last election.

in a way, yes. But I feel you are making the mistake of overestimating the voters' intelligence and memory.

Look at Italy. Despite ALL he's done, some people are already missing Berlusconi. I kid you not.

HOLA4413

in a way, yes. But I feel you are making the mistake of overestimating the voters' intelligence and memory.

Look at Italy. Despite ALL he's done, some people are already missing Berlusconi. I kid you not.

Right, that's it, I'm off to Italy to open new shop called "A Hole In The Head". Sounds like I'll do a roaring trade.

HOLA4414

Like many others have said, i wish labour would have won the last election.

This term has certainly been a poisoned chalice.. I'm really not sure I would have wished another year of Brown on anyone though. Imagine the size of his ego by now and damage he would be doing.

It is hard enough to watch the Coalition turning the boat around so ever so slowly.. but imagine a power drunk Scottie still at the helm trying to make the engines go faster as the ship disintegrates around him... :ph34r:

Does make you despair at the British public though.. we just demand quick fixes and weasel words.

Edited by libspero

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Grant Shapps isn't a cheaper housing man. Even Labour didn't do government and council sponsored liar loans. Osborne is a money printing debt junkie who wants low interest rates forever. Every time Cameron opens his mouth a lie comes out.

I hope Labour have a landslide at the next election so instead of pretend cuts we can all live happily ever after. Let's get it over with quickly.

What have I do to with my sterling first? All the Tories have achieved is that they have given us another chance to take evasive action. USD 1.61 can we go higher or not?

HOLA4418

Democracy it's self is part of the problem. The people do not want to accept the pain, it will need to be forced upon them.

The average person is right not to want to accept the pain when the richest are still making out like bandits. People might be more willing to accept the pain if it was also being applied to those who benefited most from the boom.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

years or IQ points?

I see the new mayor of Liverpool Joe Anderson says he's going to build houses and bring jobs to the people of Liverpool. Is that in his remit?

Sort of, mayors of cities outside London take on full responsibility for the council's activities. Of course, the money has to come from somewhere...

HOLA4424

Grant Shapps isn't a cheaper housing man. Even Labour didn't do government and council sponsored liar loans. Osborne is a money printing debt junkie who wants low interest rates forever. Every time Cameron opens his mouth a lie comes out.

I hope Labour have a landslide at the next election so instead of pretend cuts we can all live happily ever after. Let's get it over with quickly.

What have I do to with my sterling first? All the Tories have achieved is that they have given us another chance to take evasive action. USD 1.61 can we go higher or not?

I think that is the closest yet, why were they so quiet about the debt bubble - becusae they were all in it together, second-homing, sleazing and lobby-backing their own little nests.

The problem has just been smeared across a wider section of the country - which will thus lose them support on more fronts.

HOLA4425

Labour reduced the voting age to 18, and reportedly considered reducing it again to 16. The idealism of youth is guaranteed to generate votes for the left.

Conversely, do over 65s have any incentive to vote for policies which will promote the country's long term prosperity, or just selfish handouts for themselves?