HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Apache Drums is starting in 10 minutes on 5 USA + 1 if you are after a Sunday afternoon Western. I

t has a good score (6.1 which is good for IMDB) on IMDB from 235 reviews.

The "Apache" Indians are actually lifeguards from the beach at Santa Monica, California, painted with full body paint and made up to look like Apaches. Director Hugo Fregonese and producer Val Lewton wanted the Apaches to do a lot of leaping from high windows, off of roofs, etc., and the film's budget precluded hiring stuntmen to play the Apaches. They decided to hire the lifeguards because of their athleticism and, more importantly, the fact that they didn't have to get stuntmen's pay.
#

:unsure:

I think "Dorian Gray" 2009 is on Film 4 at the moment. Not a bad remake.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Apache Drums is starting in 10 minutes on 5 USA + 1 if you are after a Sunday afternoon Western. I

t has a good score (6.1 which is good for IMDB) on IMDB from 235 reviews.

I love that film if only for the bit towards the end when, surrounded by the Indians the entire town begins to 'Men of Harlech' - in Welsh!!!

Oddly enough, their miming of Welsh is pretty appalling - almost as bad as 90% of the Welsh population! :lol:

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I love that film if only for the bit towards the end when, surrounded by the Indians the entire town begins to 'Men of Harlech' - in Welsh!!!

Oddly enough, their miming of Welsh is pretty appalling - almost as bad as 90% of the Welsh population! :lol:

I enjoyed the ending as well as I quite like Alamo-type-backs-to-the-wall dramas like Zulu.

Was their miming worse than John Redwood's famous gaffe?

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Some of these are not Sunday afternoon films.

If they ain't singing and dancing or it does not involve midget submarines, lancaster bombers, hurricanes or warships... or cowboys... it ain't a Saturday afternoon film.

Saturday afternoon films?

That's an entirely different genre and thread.

HOLA4422

Some of these are not Sunday afternoon films.

If they ain't singing and dancing or it does not involve midget submarines, lancaster bombers, hurricanes or warships... or cowboys... it ain't a Saturday afternoon film.

Fair point, but it's the only main film thread we got going ..

Deep as the Nile...(available for next 7 days)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01rk2tm/Nile_Rodgers_The_Hitmaker/

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived