House Price Crash Forum

Time For A Good Sunday Afternoon Film

SHERWICK

HOLA441

I saw Sunset Blvd for the first time last night (having visited the real place last weekend).

Not bad!

I remember going to The Comedy Store on Sunset Blvd back in 2002. Really quiet Monday night with some amateur comedians practicing when suddenly they announced Chris Rock was coming on. We thought it was a joke lol but no, on hw came and did a brilliant 1 hour act. The place soon filled up when word got out that he was there!

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

i would like to recommend The Bedford Incident. It's a cold war thriller starring Richard Widmark as the slightly unhinged captain of a ship pursuing a Soviet submarine, and Sidney Poitier as a journalist . The script and the acting are superb. Pity it's in black& white although you could argue it adds to the Cold War atmosphere. You can buy the dvd for less than a fiver.

Here's the trailer:

• 1 month later...
HOLA443
HOLA444
  • 3 weeks later...
HOLA445
  • 2 months later...
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

But it's Saturday.

Synagog is over soon, and I can watch fine "British War Films!", where the Germans never win! :mellow:

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

It's synagogue!

You're spending too many of your vowels on ukeleles. B)

I probably mentioned some of my ancestors were a bit Polish! The Poles come here for one reason, to take British vowels back to Poland, where there is a shortage! :(

HOLA4412
  • 4 weeks later...
HOLA4413
  • 5 months later...
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
  • 4 weeks later...
HOLA4417
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Too many pages in the thread to check whether I've mentioned this before....."Catch Us If You Can" (1965) was John Boorman's first film,and it features Dave Clark (of DC5 fame) with the rest of the band played by actors. It is surprisingly good, and far more multi-faceted than the Beatles films. Just noticed that the whole film (under the US title "Having a Wild Weekend") has been put on Youtube,though the picture quality is a bit iffy. I never bought this in the old VHS days,as second-hand videos were nearly £40 each. :blink:

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived