HOLA441
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

My speculations took the form of short-term spreadbets which never worked out. I also hold long-term AIM companies which I hope come to fruition (miners - who'd have thought metal miners would be DOWN right now!?)

Have you considered Vegas ? It's all over pretty quickly and the odds are well defined. Great restaurants as well.

HOLA445

Have you considered Vegas ? It's all over pretty quickly and the odds are well defined. Great restaurants as well.

Was just thinking this today!! If ever I get back into investing (I'm leaving my 'investments' alone for years now and consider it dead money - all new monies go straight into the bank (eek) with some into gold) then I'll put some into managed funds.

Vegas sounds great. Hey, why don't a group of us from HPC get together and do a 'The Hangover' !?

HOLA446

Here's the famous trader that lost a ton of money and posted it on Youtube in the 2008 crash. He took the video down after it went viral, but it was reposted recently

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYeLrcWFitY

EDIT - WARNING IT CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE

Original source http://highprobability.blogspot.com/2008/01/stock-market-ruined-my-life.html

Edited by Money Spinner

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

FTSE just smashed its way through todays opening figure, on its way to the moon no doubt, backed by the ECB printing pressing going into overdrive

RBS and BNP being today's highest gainers so far, probably because they'll be the only banks left at the end of the week at this rate...

HOLA4413

I think the european bank rumors may be the turning point to make everything turn red, although the Italian markets are up 2.5% so who knows.

I'm working from home today its going to be fun to watch the FTSE

Edited by FIGGY

HOLA4414

Investment whilst a form of speculation is all about yield, Speculation is based on nothing more than Capital Gain, that is a fundamental difference

Whilst true, in that scenario, the speculators can drive up the price of the asset to make the investors costst too high to put money in.

Now if only there were a corallory that we could apply to the housing market...

HOLA4415

I think the european bank rumors may be the turning point to make everything turn red, although the Italian markets are up 2.5% so who knows.

I'm working from home today its going to be fun to watch the FTSE

Euro interbank lending a little bit stressed relative to recent performance, over a longer time frame though we're not anywhere near 2008 levels yet.

$ and £ interbank calm so far

euro 3m.gif

euro 3y.gif

post-13987-0-16846400-1312793862_thumb.gif

post-13987-0-41224100-1312793878_thumb.gif

Edited by moneyscam

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Well, that was a total anticlimax. Always amusing to watch the rolling news channels continue to report a story that has patently come to nothing.

I think we're waiting for the US to lead the way again.. flat until lunch (minus some world shaking news).

HOLA4418

FTSE just smashed its way through todays opening figure, on its way to the moon no doubt, backed by the ECB printing pressing going into overdrive

Yes TPTB are going to solve the worlds debt crisis by injecting more debt which will ultimately end in monetization. We may as well just merge the US Dollar, Euro and Sterling into a new currency called Dog Shit, because that's what they'll all be worth when this is through.

Still so long as the Banksters have a pile of chips to game on the global money markets then nothing else matters.

HOLA4419

I think we're waiting for the US to lead the way again.. flat until lunch (minus some world shaking news).

Eh? just broke down through 5200 twice in the last couple of minutes, now down at 5189. Doesn't look too flat to me!!

What charts are you watching, out of interest? I like these guys http://www.livecharts.co.uk/MarketCharts/futsee.php but always interested if others have good alternatives.

Working from home too today - looks like a fun ride :)

B

HOLA4420

Yes TPTB are going to solve the worlds debt crisis by injecting more debt which will ultimately end in monetization. We may as well just merge the US Dollar, Euro and Sterling into a new currency called Dog Shit, because that's what they'll all be worth when this is through.

Still so long as the Banksters have a pile of chips to game on the global money markets then nothing else matters.

Yes, the ECB's actions are moving rotten debt from banks that should be allowed to go under, onto the tab of the state or its Central Bank proxy. Sad to say the only way to protect against this is gold. (sorry mods, but gold is relevant here).

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

The banks are up, presumably because people are figuring that they are too big to fail and that Osbourne will bail them out again... but mining stocks are going, no pun, down.

TMP,

as I pointed out, the latest exercise is all about transferring bad debt from the banks to the state. That usually makes the banks worth more.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425