Ftse Down Over 2%

fluffy666

HOLA441
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Yes, the ECB's actions are moving rotten debt from banks that should be allowed to go under, onto the tab of the state or its Central Bank proxy. Sad to say the only way to protect against this is gold. (sorry mods, but gold is relevant here).

It's now gone past the point of no return from what I can see. TPTB are hopelessly reacting to events instead of pro-actively taking control of the situation. It seems to me TPTB are walking the taxpayer into a trap the Banksters have set for us.

I try not to even mention Gold in the main forum as it pisses some people off, we all wanted a hpc, what we got instead was something hideously different that is mutating like a virus from hell. Everyone needs to choose where they stick their wealth, but given what we see the fukcers seem hell bent on destroying fiat as we know it which is where most people like us are holding our wealth. The elites are not, I can tell you that from first hand knowledge, they do not leave their wealth idly depreciating in a bank, not in good times and certain not in bad times.

Debt jubilee, full scale asset exchange (for debt written off) and a complete revaluation of money is looking like the only way out this, either that of the whole lot continues 'as is' and completely melts down, at which point the people will be begging for TPTB to save them with a new currency of some sort. Maybe this is the plan? :unsure:

HOLA443
HOLA444

It's now gone past the point of no return from what I can see. TPTB are hopelessly reacting to events instead of pro-actively taking control of the situation. It seems to me TPTB are walking the taxpayer into a trap the Banksters have set for us.

I try not to even mention Gold in the main forum as it pisses some people off, we all wanted a hpc, what we got instead was something hideously different that is mutating like a virus from hell. Everyone needs to choose where they stick their wealth, but given what we see the fukcers seem hell bent on destroying fiat as we know it which is where most people like us are holding our wealth. The elites are not, I can tell you that from first hand knowledge, they do not leave their wealth idly depreciating in a bank, not in good times and certain not in bad times.

Debt jubilee, full scale asset exchange (for debt written off) and a complete revaluation of money is looking like the only way out this, either that of the whole lot continues 'as is' and completely melts down, at which point the people will be begging for TPTB to save them with a new currency of some sort. Maybe this is the plan? :unsure:

debt jubilee?>..how are you going to get creditors to accept that?....maybe one or two would, but the whole World???

Nah, any one SWF would just calculate it would be better off than its competitors with a default, then they wouldnt agree.

HOLA445

And where does one store it?

£350k's worth of coins is only 300 coins, weighing slightly under 10 bags of sugar. Not particularly hard to hide, even in a normal house.

Anyway, squirrelling it away is only required if you're worried about full on roman empire style collapse of the western world. If that's your concern, then what else could you use that gives you such portability and stability Bruce?

If you're not worried about such a collapse (and I understand that you're in that camp), then what is wrong with storing it in a bank, or at BV? I really don't see your concern about why storage is such an issue?

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Last Updated at 11:20

FTSE 100 5167.96 Down -79.03 -1.51%

Bit of a recovery....

You spoke too soon...-1.81%

This game could go on all day..

Take you pick to the final figure.

The U.S. could have a dramatic bearing on the FTSE today.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4413

Problem reaction solution?

HOLA4414

You spoke too soon...-1.81%

This game could go on all day..

Take you pick to the final figure.

The U.S. could have a dramatic bearing on the FTSE today.

I dont reckon the US downgrade will make a fig of difference. As long as China keeps buying US bonds, there will be no impact.

However, problems in Europe including rumours of 'runs on banks' will have a bearing.

And what about Bank of America? The share price on that one has drifted down and down, something is going on there. If Bank of America goes down, then we really are off to the races.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Has the issue of the $2 trillion been resolved?

Global economy pushed in to meltdown on the back of an accounting error :unsure:

Sorry, didn't keep a reference - but I read that S&P said "Yes, that's a mistake... but it's not a relevant detail - downgrade stands."

Sounds to me as if S&P's work was critically analysed by those with a partisan interest; the most damaging apparent anomalies highlighted - but these weren't enough to change the verdict.

HOLA4419

Sorry, didn't keep a reference - but I read that S&P said "Yes, that's a mistake... but it's not a relevant detail - downgrade stands."

Sounds to me as if S&P's work was critically analysed by those with a partisan interest; the most damaging apparent anomalies highlighted - but these weren't enough to change the verdict.

Yep that's pretty much what they said. They also mentioned it's more to do with the fact the they argued so long over increasing the ceiling. They are worried that the US will not be able to take decisive action in future should it (when it) be needed.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

With a loop back around as so far all their solutions have increased the size of the original problem.

Exactly. The thing is that the media and "experts" are at least one step behind the entire time.

Take the recent AA+ rating. Exactly how can a nation or individual have debt that is "AAA" , when the interest on it could only be financed by taking more debt. IF you explain this to any numbskull on the street, they will instinctively understand that they're not going to be able to pay. Yet the ratings industry have been calling these countries AAA for several years?!

That is why people say the ratings industry is a (bad) joke. Despite their complete failure to accurately identify risk in 2007/08, they are still accepted as some sort of economic soothsayer.

The system is as bent as a £3 note.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Exactly. The thing is that the media and "experts" are at least one step behind the entire time.

Take the recent AA+ rating. Exactly how can a nation or individual have debt that is "AAA" , when the interest on it could only be financed by taking more debt. IF you explain this to any numbskull on the street, they will instinctively understand that they're not going to be able to pay. Yet the ratings industry have been calling these countries AAA for several years?!

That is why people say the ratings industry is a (bad) joke. Despite their complete failure to accurately identify risk in 2007/08, they are still accepted as some sort of economic soothsayer.

The system is as bent as a £3 note.

Pretty much sums it all up.

S&P are correct on one point though - the political process in the USA is a sick joke of a process and even more corrupt and bent than the financial system believe it or not.

Just imagine, the entire House of Representatives (equivalent to our House of Commons) is voted in EVERY TWO YEARS, meaning they basically spend all their time in office trying to raise money to get back in office.

It is very difficult to change this to as it would need a constitutional amendment - the last amendment took over two hundred years to ratify and there've been only 27 amendments in the US's history, with only 17 after 1791 (the Bill of Rights).

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Pretty much sums it all up.

S&P are correct on one point though - the political process in the USA is a sick joke of a process and even more corrupt and bent than the financial system believe it or not.

Just imagine, the entire House of Representatives (equivalent to our House of Commons) is voted in EVERY TWO YEARS, meaning they basically spend all their time in office trying to raise money to get back in office.

It is very difficult to change this to as it would need a constitutional amendment - the last amendment took over two hundred years to ratify and there've been only 27 amendments in the US's history, with only 17 after 1791 (the Bill of Rights).

Isn't democracy wonderfully efficient.