House Price Crash Forum

Holiday Recommendations

HOLA441

well holiday time is coming - was thinking of Ayia Napa in Cyprus ?? Is it any good - or maybe just outside and go in for the odd night. not into clubs and with partner, so its not on the pull holiday- but you need a bit of life and plenty of pubs, clubs and restaurants. Once went to the Carribean off season - and it was really quiet - although nice for a few days, its gets boring being the only person in a restaurant or on an empty beach.

Anywhere else you could recommend, for a couple in early 30s, but with some life around.

HOLA442
HOLA443

well holiday time is coming - was thinking of Ayia Napa in Cyprus ?? Is it any good - or maybe just outside and go in for the odd night. not into clubs and with partner, so its not on the pull holiday- but you need a bit of life and plenty of pubs, clubs and restaurants. Once went to the Carribean off season - and it was really quiet - although nice for a few days, its gets boring being the only person in a restaurant or on an empty beach.

Anywhere else you could recommend, for a couple in early 30s, but with some life around.

Have you considered the UK? I have had many a happy holiday over west Wales (www.northfieldholidays.co.uk) in Borth, you are three or four miles from a big town and nightlife or alternatively the beach is 2 minutes walk away. I take HPCers to be a diverse bunch, Borth is an amazing town with one of the best beer gardens in the UK.

HOLA444
HOLA445

Menorca, Calan Bosch!

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Dunno about Ayia Napa, from what I have been told it's absolutely teeming with chavs and lobster pink Jeremy Kyle candidates. I suppose it depends where you go though.

One of my favourite places is the west coast of Scotland, incredible scenery.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

If your 25+ and with a partner, I'd avoid Ayia Napa, it's filled with chavs listening to R+B music.

I'm planning on heading to tsilivi in Zante, but Stallis in Crete is lovely is you want a lively nightlife with out the chavs. If you want chavs, they're only 2 miles down the road in Malia and 3 miles the other way is Herisnnoiss (God knows how you spell it!) which is filled with Dutch and German youth, who are much more classy and prettier than the UK slim.

HOLA4412

Have you considered the UK? I have had many a happy holiday over west Wales (www.northfieldholidays.co.uk) in Borth, you are three or four miles from a big town and nightlife or alternatively the beach is 2 minutes walk away. I take HPCers to be a diverse bunch, Borth is an amazing town with one of the best beer gardens in the UK.

I don't get people's obsession with going abroad for a 'relaxing' holiday. I can't think of anything more stressful

HOLA4413

If you go aboard, it feels completely diferent.

Maybe it's just me but when you're still in the UK, you know that home and all the problems assisciated with it are close by, aboard you feel seperated by the culture, language barriers and the simple fact the UK is 6+ hours away.

Abroad is some where different and one of the reasons I go away is to experiance new things.

HOLA4414

I'm planning on heading to tsilivi in Zante, but Stallis in Crete is lovely is you want a lively nightlife with out the chavs. If you want chavs, they're only 2 miles down the road in Malia and 3 miles the other way is Herisnnoiss (God knows how you spell it!) which is filled with Dutch and German youth, who are much more classy and prettier than the UK slim.

I'll be in Crete for a few weeks this summer, a bit further afield than Malia/Stalis though. The nightlife is brilliant because although there are quite a few tourists, the nightlife is still centred around the locals. The coffee shops, tavernas and bars all open till very late, old people, young people, families with babies and children, nightclubs open till 5 or 6 if you want. It just makes it all a nice relaxed atmosphere rather than a street full of rowdy 18-30ers.

HOLA4415

I am just back from a week's golfing holiday in the Highlands of Jockland. Stunning weather, amazing golf courses, great weather. Not too pricy either. Holidays in the UK can be great. Just need to get lucky with the weather.

Image006.jpg

Image024.jpg

Image029.jpg

Image035.jpg

Image036.jpg

post-9648-12757440894765_thumb.jpg

post-9648-12757441071666_thumb.jpg

post-9648-12757441174346_thumb.jpg

post-9648-12757441277256_thumb.jpg

post-9648-12757441372997_thumb.jpg

HOLA4416

If you are after a bit of life and culture then Ayia Napa is your bag... Particularly if a Battalion of the Cold stream Guards is in town on end of deployment leave from the Afghan.

It is close to the UK sovereign base on the Island and as such is used as a staging point in bringing troops in and out of the Afghan Theatre.

Things got to bad a few years ago (before Afghan) they had to place it off limits to UK service people. Not so bad now though maybe perhaps cos peeps think the squaddies deserve to be cut a bit of slack after their operational tours.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Guest absolutezero

I am just back from a week's golfing holiday in the Highlands of Jockland. Stunning weather, amazing golf courses, great weather. Not too pricy either. Holidays in the UK can be great. Just need to get lucky with the weather.

You see, golf really appeals to me but it's too damned difficult.

Actually hitting the ball is hard enough....

HOLA4419

You see, golf really appeals to me but it's too damned difficult.

Actually hitting the ball is hard enough....

I ******ing hate golf. I have played it for about 18 years. I hate it. But then you hit that one great shot.

Addictive. Like ******ing heroin. Probably worse though. If you get into it in your youth - you will play it until you die - as often as humanly possible.

HOLA4420
Guest absolutezero

I ******ing hate golf. I have played it for about 18 years. I hate it. But then you hit that one great shot.

Addictive. Like ******ing heroin. Probably worse though. If you get into it in your youth - you will play it until you die - as often as humanly possible.

But how do you *actually* hit the fecking ball?!

I either swipe through the air above the ball or get a loads of grass and muck flying up from the floor. Infuriating game.

HOLA4421

How about a tour on Google Streetview? No travel costs and all home comforts to hand - go where you like in US, Canada, UK, France, Spain, Italy, Japan. Hong Kong, etc...

That'll have to do for me. No holiday this year :(

HOLA4422

well holiday time is coming - was thinking of Ayia Napa in Cyprus ??  Is it any good - or maybe just outside and go in for the odd night.  not into clubs and with partner, so its not on the pull holiday- but you need a bit of life and plenty of pubs, clubs and restaurants.  Once went to the Carribean off season - and it was really quiet - although nice for a few days, its gets boring being the only person in a restaurant or on an empty beach.

try a week herehttp://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/Barcelona/Default.htm

HOLA4423

But how do you *actually* hit the fecking ball?!

I either swipe through the air above the ball or get a loads of grass and muck flying up from the floor. Infuriating game.

Well the theory is to just swing and pretend the ball is not there. Swing through the ball rather than try and hit it. So you swing and it just happens to be in the way = it flies for miles.

Easier said than done though. However when you do hit that cracking shot it does feel amazing.

Archived