• Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

Of the big blockbuster movies, the awful 'Transformers 2'

It took me three sessions to finish watching I had to just keep turning it off

HOLA444
Guest KingCharles1st

Easy- the new "Where the wild things are."

Wanted to top myself- and the kids wanted to top me too, after taking them to see this utterly depressing wrist slasher for one of their Christmas "treats."

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

The last house on the left. Watched it with the Mrs not long after we started going out. There's nothing quite like watching an agonising 5minute long rape scene with your new girlfriend to make things slightly uncomfortable.

Wanted to top myself- and the kids wanted to top me too, after taking them to see this utterly depressing wrist slasher for one of their Christmas "treats."

Actually, this! I want the 101 mins of my life wasted on that emo piece of shit back.

HOLA449

Has Demi Moore ever been in a good film?

Mortal Thoughts was excruciatingly bad.

I quite like d GI Joe and St elmos fire was good

Once every 3 -4 months a group of us get together for a lads night to watch an IMDB bottom 100 film and there are some real classics in there, weve seen about 30 of them

Personally the best of the Best are Manos Hand of Fate and Die Hard Dracula, Classics , so bad they are literally fantastic,

HOLA4410

I agree, truly awful.

HOLA4411

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes: this movie is so bad that I have never been able to watch it to the end. I have it on tape and I do try once every five years to see it through. Never made it yet. I think it was actually made with the intent of being bad so maybe it disqualifies itself.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

I have no idea who keeps bankrolling M Knight Shyamalan to make movies.

Sixth sense - modern classic.

Unbreakable - reasonable.

Everything else is just complete mind-bogglingly bad rubbish.

Signs was boring and had ridiculously unbelievable ending.

The Village was just retarded

HOLA4414

Of the big blockbuster movies, the awful 'Transformers 2'

It took me three sessions to finish watching I had to just keep turning it off

Believe it or not, I actually started nodding off in the cinema while watching this. No mean feat considering the cacophony on the soundtrack. I was feeling a bit tired that evening though.

My vote has to go to a film I've not watched, at least not from beginning to end. Batman and Robin.

There's something about this film that means I just can't watch more than about 10 minutes of it before giving in. It is, in my case, quite literally unwatchable.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Not sure about worst, but most dissapointing...

Jackie Brown -tarantino, should have been good but was exceptionally, exceptionally, exceptionally boring.

Jackie Brown is superb. Still haven't got any Delfonics in my music collection though.

Worst movie? One of them has to be Hope Springs with Colin Firth.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

"iron eagle"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091278/usercomments

"*** This review may contain spoilers ***

Okay, here's the deal. There's this American pilot who's flying along, minding his own business, when suddenly he's outnumbered by evil, cowardly non-American fighter planes (they're Middle Eastern types, but suffice to say they don't like apple pie or Elvis Presley), who proceed to shoot him down. Now this American pilot was doing nothing wrong, but those evil non-Americans didn't care and before you know it he's banged up in a foreign jail and sentenced to death!!

Now, what would normally happen here is that the US Military would carpet bomb a couple of nearby towns until the pilot was released, but not this time. Those evil peace lovin' types probably got involved and managed to stop any kind of retaliatory massacre. As you can imagine, this doesn't please the pilot's family and the evil foreign dictator has this smug, contented look about him. He'll make those Americans pay, oh yes indeed!

But He didn't reckon on Doug Masters, the captured pilots 16-year-old son. You see Doug has been able to fly a plane longer than he can drive a car, (which can't be that long) and decides to fly into that evil, foreign country and get his Dad back. So with the help of his friends, Doug and his wingman, retired pilot ‘Chappy' Sinclair, Doug launches a two man air raid on the foreigners.

Now you'd think that this plan would be bound to fail, but you'd be wrong. Sure, those Middle Eastern types might be all veteran pilots, but Doug's got an ace up his sleeve, he listens to rock music when he flies! After shooting down a dozen or so enemy planes and blowing up an oil refinery, Doug lands at an airport and gets his now wounded dad onboard the plane. Understandably, the evil, not quite so smug anymore, dictator gets quite annoyed at these antics and takes to the skies himself, in bid to shoot down Doug. But the young lad listens to some more rock music and blows the villain out of the sky. HURRAH!

After Doug and Chappy have shot down 90% of their air force, the foreigners send up their last few planes in a rather poor attempt to shoot Doug down, but in the nick of time, a flight of US F16s turn up and scare them away."

or possibly, "Earthstorm"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0491764/usercomments?start=10

Scores don't come low enough for this film, 6 April 2007

*** This review may contain spoilers ***

This might truly be the worst movie I've ever seen. There's not a single aspect of the movie that is up to the minimal professional standards one expects from even the lowliest cable-TV show. The special effects look like the opening movie from a b-list 1990's computer game; the over-acting is straight from a high school performance of "Oklahoma!", and worst of all is the writing, which insults both our intelligence and the laws of physics at every turn.

Dumbest moment: Stephen Baldwin looks at a stone-cold unconscious James Gallanders and exclaims, "I think he might be unconscious!" Gee, you think?

How about the 2,000 mph fighter plane chasing a meteor down from behind, lining up a shot in his crosshairs like a World War II pilot, then releasing a 2,200 mph Sidewinder missile which runs down the hurtling meteor and annihilates it. Never mind that the *slowest* meteors travel 25,000 mph, while faster ones move at a speedy 160,000 mph. You might as well chase down the Space Shuttle on your bicycle.

Speaking of the Space Shuttle, what can one say about Baldwin wandering around (in earth gravity) in the payload bay while the pilot relives the arcade glory days of Zaxxon in a moon trench, dodging a hailstorm of Volkswagen-sized floating boulders with an agility that would put Baron von Richtofen to shame?

One could go on, and I see many others have. It saddens me that someone was paid to write this imbecilic crap, knowing that somewhere out there are willing writers who actually made it through eighth grade, and thus understand the basic laws of science and nature, and furthermore understand that abiding by these laws is why it is called "science fiction", rather than "random spectacular cosmic disaster fiction."

Archived