Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

I'm finding the new look difficult to read, very hard on my eyes. I use a laptop that doesn't have contrast control, only brightness. It's hard for me to easily distinguish between the light blue/mid-blue and dark blue of alternate topics and text. Perhaps contrast control would improve things but I don't have the option :(

Just like the new BBC weather website graphics (never mind the TV version!). I barely use it any more now.

What is it with this perpetual fad for messing with things that work nicely thank you very much?? Change for changes sake is rarely good. We have gone from something that was clear, simple and visually easy to digest to something that isnt.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

anyone notice how it doesnt work in IE2 on Windows87?

Yes, I've also noticed that when I squint my right eye and try to use the forum from the room next door to the computer, it's harder to read than before! <_<

Being serious, it gives an insight into the minds of many HPCers. They are given something they can use every day for nothing, and end up thinking they own it! Even when the admin team explain the reasons behind the change and solicits feedback to make improvements, they continue to be unreasonable (or don't bother to read and digest the info) and continue to make threats & demands.

HOLA4411

Cant we consolidate them, like? :unsure:

New system perhaps can't manage to do that just as currently it seems unable to present us with an easily readable format . Couldn't have happened at a worse time could it, with the whole world now thinking we are back at 2007 with house prices only going UP AND UP AND UP , we need this website more than ever but people are being put off staying around and reading because its not a very user friendly format. I was trying to stay patient yesterday, websites occasionally need upgrading , change isn't necessarily a bad thing, BUT this is awful, I am sure there must be positives to the upgrade but currently, as a basic user, I can't see any. Still given the current ramping of the market back to 2007 and rising it does give us all something else to focus on as we wait out the end of this bull trap ....

HOLA4412
Guest KingCharles1st

Yes, I've also noticed that when I squint my right eye and try to use the forum from the room next door to the computer, it's harder to read than before! <_<

Being serious, it gives an insight into the minds of many HPCers. They are given something they can use every day for nothing, and end up thinking they own it! Even when the admin team explain the reasons behind the change and solicits feedback to make improvements, they continue to be unreasonable (or don't bother to read and digest the info) and continue to make threats & demands.

If it ain't broke......

HOLA4413

If it ain't broke......

Yes, but it was 'broke'... they were stuck running an old version of the forum software which would most likely mean greater vulnerability to being hacked and that sooner rather than later they would stop getting support for. They needed to upgrade and this is the default skin of the new version, which they will adapt to suit the needs of the HPC massive.

Is it so hard to be reasonable and wait a few days for a fix?

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

I signed in for the first time last night since the forum style change, admitedly my first reaction was, "Oh no it's ruined", but after making a few posts and navigating around a bit I am used to it. I say leave it as it is and if a few thickoes can't deal with it then tough, they'll stop stamping their feet at some point and it will be like nothing happened.

HOLA4417

Yep, damned ungrateful unwashed masses, coming on hpc, boosting the hit figures, justifying higher advertising revenues, just who do these people think they are? They should just be grateful for the privilege of being able to create the topics and posts, sparing their time energy and knowledge to make the forum what it is...

... not a new liebor politician are you red alert?

There is nothing wrong with the new style and if a thick person like me can use it with no problem I am sure a thick person like you can use it. Red Alert is not a new Liebor politician, he's just not a tw*t!

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

...there is an official issues list in the pinned section...this should help the distracted to focus and be positive by clarifying issues.. :)

Hi Guys,

Today we've simultaneously upgraded the site to the new version 3 of the IPB forum software, and also moved the hosting to a new server cluster. Unfortunately the old skins were not compatible with the newer forum software, so we had to create new ones. Whilst the header and footer have remained pretty much the same, the inner skeleton of the forum has changed with IPB 3. Although we can't completely revert to the old version of IPB, we will try to improve this new layout where possible.

Let's keep track of both server issues, and general style issues in this thread.

Here's some issues that I think need fixing....

* Need to restore the Lo-fi version

* Bull or bear link doesn't line up correctly in the poster profile column.

* Broken image on my poster profile.

Mark, Dawid and Matt will be checking this thread for issues and fixing them as they arise, so please use this as the main place for recording any problems.

Paul

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Do you work in IT? The user community does own the resource - to all intents and purposes.

HOLA4425