House Price Crash Forum
Tonkers

New Forum Style Is Horrid

I spent 10 minutes trying to work out what was wrong with my IE / HPC settings before seeing this post.

I agree it looks completely pants. I'm all for change (ala Gordon Brown) but this isn't a step forward!

far too bright and zingy for so early in the morning - has there been a re-tune. The buttons that are important - like the page buttons below the topic heading - are difficult to see

I could go on - can we have the old style back.

Ludites

(is a bit garish though). To expand, click the <> top right, above the Boss, but you’ve got to repeat this on every page.

Old quotes don’t seem to format properly either, nor do exotic characters.

Edited by Captain Cavey

Guest theboltonfury

agree. It's rubbish. the old one was better

Why has this changed? What was the problem with how it was?

It's like when they misguidedly do up your local pub, attract the wrong sort, then close down shortly after. Bah.

I quite like the look of it but it definitely needs tweaking:

• B-LUE!!! Can we tone those page nav buttons/links down a bit. They're distracting from the topic titles
  • Can the page nav buttons go on the line beneath the topic title? (so page 1 link is always bottom left and not tagged to the end of the title) Looks sloppy and distracts from topic title
  • QUOTE rendering needs sorting out but I'm guessing you already know that.
  • Not liking the black buttons (Back to top, Report, Edit, etc). We don't all like that "Vista look" and black like that stands out but not in a good way.

Apart from that, nice work. Just needs tweaking.

:)

Edited by ChesterCopperpot

Where has "My Assistant" gone? That was always a handy reminder of my current postings.

Digital retune yesterday and new forum software today; ladies and gentlemen I give you a man ahead of his time:

entries.entry_image_file.entry_id-593.20090929141322.jpg

Where has "My Assistant" gone? That was always a handy reminder of my current postings.

Digital retune yesterday and new forum software today; ladies and gentlemen I give you a man ahead of his time:

entries.entry_image_file.entry_id-593.20090929141322.jpg

Nice dress, he's gorgeous!

Guest Steve Cook

What do I do to get rid of all this shmancy fisher price stuff?

it really is manky......:lol:

This is awful. And who combines blue with big black buttons?

As someone who knows a little about web marketing, you dont need a pretty forum for a forum on the economy. People come and stay for the content and the viewpoints, not what it looks like.

However, if you make it more difficult to read, and make the columns smaller (I have a 1920 x 1200 monitor) then dont be surprised if people dont bother returning.

Edited by Johnny Storm

it really is manky......:lol:

Leaving the aesthetics aside, the whole board keeps flashing/blinking when I hover the mouse around or type. It's completely distracting. this new software appears to use Java so maybe thats the problem?

Somethings not right.

Edit: Restarted my browser and the annoying flashing has gone. And I work in IT support :lol:

Edit edit: Strikethrough's back!!!!!!!! Woot!

Edited by bomberbrown