HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
Nationwide and LR have been up so this one must be up.

I predicted a roughly 20% drop then a long period of flatlineing, and I think for once I may actually be correct.

I generally am pretty shlt at predictions

LR figures relate to agreements made two/three or more months previously. So you're not comparing like with like. Not realising that fact could be the reason you're "pretty shlt at predictions" - in your own words. :rolleyes:

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I Am predicting further rises for August, September and October, taking the overall drop for the crash to around 9% from peak bubble.

stagnation till April, then a period of falls as the w kicks in, if i am wrong and its a v then we could be back to 07 figures by the end of 2010.

HOLA4415
I Am predicting further rises for August, September and October, taking the overall drop for the crash to around 9% from peak bubble.

stagnation till April, then a period of falls as the w kicks in, if i am wrong and its a v then we could be back to 07 figures by the end of 2010.

Could be a possibility but if it wasn't stable before then how would that be stable considering there is less money, fewer jobs, less working hours available and less business?

HOLA4416

How on earth can it be back to 2007 levels in 2010. The credit that supported those prices has gone.

Halifax will be positive this month, but looking at all the economic and unemployment data there is only one way house prices can go in the longer term.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
Could be a possibility but if it wasn't stable before then how would that be stable considering there is less money, fewer jobs, less working hours available and less business?

We've been trying to work that one out for the last 6 months! :lol:

Seriously though, I think it shows that the recovery that we've been seeing is built on quicksand - there's nothing to sustain it over the longer term. Now the autumn's here, I'm expecting to see prices tail off again, or possibly a resumption of a full-on crash.

HOLA4421
Guest The Relaxation Suite
We've been trying to work that one out for the last 6 months! :lol:

Seriously though, I think it shows that the recovery that we've been seeing is built on quicksand - there's nothing to sustain it over the longer term. Now the autumn's here, I'm expecting to see prices tail off again, or possibly a resumption of a full-on crash.

Full on crash will resume before Christmas. It is the height of financial irresponsibility - insanity, even - to be talking about the world's greatest financial collapse resulting in 9% off ther world's most overpriced housing stock. The average British house has something like 45% to lose before it becomes afforable by the average British couple. Until that point I see no reason why any British citizen should consider themselves part of British society. They are being priced out of a decent life.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
I think there will be some pressure on.. nobody wants to be the first to bring the inevitable 'bad' news ..

If I was a Sales manager, and the figures were low...Id be borrowing Sales from September.

If the figures are very high, Id be looking for a very good reason...I wouldnt want to make the figures subject of ridicule.

HOLA4425