House Price Crash Forum
Buffer Bear

Halifax Data Due Today?

Nationwide and LR have been up so this one must be up.

I predicted a roughly 20% drop then a long period of flatlineing, and I think for once I may actually be correct.

I generally am pretty shlt at predictions

Its the transaction prices that count. Just recived update from Houseprices and in the 2 SE towns I`m interested in the transaction prices are at 2004 level. House prices are going nowhere. Relax

2004 was pretty insane though! :unsure:

Nationwide and LR have been up so this one must be up.

I predicted a roughly 20% drop then a long period of flatlineing, and I think for once I may actually be correct.

I generally am pretty shlt at predictions

LR figures relate to agreements made two/three or more months previously. So you're not comparing like with like. Not realising that fact could be the reason you're "pretty shlt at predictions" - in your own words. :rolleyes:

I Am predicting further rises for August, September and October, taking the overall drop for the crash to around 9% from peak bubble.

stagnation till April, then a period of falls as the w kicks in, if i am wrong and its a v then we could be back to 07 figures by the end of 2010.

I Am predicting further rises for August, September and October, taking the overall drop for the crash to around 9% from peak bubble.

stagnation till April, then a period of falls as the w kicks in, if i am wrong and its a v then we could be back to 07 figures by the end of 2010.

Could be a possibility but if it wasn't stable before then how would that be stable considering there is less money, fewer jobs, less working hours available and less business?

How on earth can it be back to 2007 levels in 2010. The credit that supported those prices has gone.

Halifax will be positive this month, but looking at all the economic and unemployment data there is only one way house prices can go in the longer term.

Could be a possibility but if it wasn't stable before then how would that be stable considering there is less money, fewer jobs, less working hours available and less business?

We've been trying to work that one out for the last 6 months! :lol:

Seriously though, I think it shows that the recovery that we've been seeing is built on quicksand - there's nothing to sustain it over the longer term. Now the autumn's here, I'm expecting to see prices tail off again, or possibly a resumption of a full-on crash.

Guest The Relaxation Suite
We've been trying to work that one out for the last 6 months! :lol:

Seriously though, I think it shows that the recovery that we've been seeing is built on quicksand - there's nothing to sustain it over the longer term. Now the autumn's here, I'm expecting to see prices tail off again, or possibly a resumption of a full-on crash.

Full on crash will resume before Christmas. It is the height of financial irresponsibility - insanity, even - to be talking about the world's greatest financial collapse resulting in 9% off ther world's most overpriced housing stock. The average British house has something like 45% to lose before it becomes afforable by the average British couple. Until that point I see no reason why any British citizen should consider themselves part of British society. They are being priced out of a decent life.

I think there will be some pressure on.. nobody wants to be the first to bring the inevitable 'bad' news ..

If I was a Sales manager, and the figures were low...Id be borrowing Sales from September.

If the figures are very high, Id be looking for a very good reason...I wouldnt want to make the figures subject of ridicule.

I think there will be some pressure on.. nobody wants to be the first to bring the inevitable 'bad' news ..

The BBC perhaps needs a few more days for its news team to prepare their ramping specials. If its "up" which it probably will be :P