House Price Crash Forum

Tim Henman Sells Out...

HOLA441

Hi

Topical for Wimbledon :)

This was covered on last w/e MoS Property section, with some criticism, but that article is'nt on the web yet.

"Timeshare" - what am I saying, it's an "equity destination club, or [...] a fractional club, and members have equity ownership in the entire portfolio of properties that offers potential for medium to long term growth on their investment." At least it is aimed at the rich - low-rent timeshare is an evil business.

http://www.sherpareport.com/destination-cl...-club-0609.html

I hope Tim doesn't need the money. He was a fine player, and I assumed he had banked the proceeds of ten years at the top... He was never a flash celebrity. (free hols perhaps?). Anyway:

"The largest destination club in Europe, The Hideaways Club, has just announced that the UK's top tennis player has become Ambassador for, and a member of, the club. Commenting on his membership Tim Henman said, "I am delighted to accept the role of Ambassador for such a prestigious and exciting company. Having traveled the world for so many years I've frequently thought about owning somewhere abroad where I can take my family on holiday but always held back because I didn't want the added responsibility of owning a house overseas and didn't want to be tied down to one place."

Henman continued "In The Hideaways Club I have found the perfect solution. A wide variety of beautiful properties in stunning locations that I can use year round without all the attendant costs, concerns and hassles associated with owning my own house plus the potential growth of my investment. The whole concept of fractional ownership makes total sense to me and I greatly look forward to enjoying the variety of choice the Club offers as to where and when I go on holiday."

The Hideaways Club, has 20 luxurious, € million plus properties throughout Europe, Africa, Mauritius and the Far East with more planned to be added to the portfolio during this year. The club is an equity destination club, or in Europe is referred to as a fractional club, and members have equity ownership in the entire portfolio of properties that offers potential for medium to long term growth on their investment."

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Tim Henman goes into Trophy Timeshare business:

Commenting on his membership Tim Henman said, "I am delighted to accept the role of Ambassador for such a prestigious and exciting company. Having played tennis around the world for so many years I've frequently thought about winning something significant where I can take my place in the record books but always held back because I didn't have the talent or drive to make it to the top of the game."

Henman continued "In The Hideaways Club I have found the perfect solution. A wide variety of beautiful trophies in stunning cabinets that I can look at year round without all the attendant training, effort and pain associated with winning my own plus the potential growth of my investment. The whole concept of fractional ownership makes total sense to me and I greatly look forward to enjoying the variety of choice the Club offers as to where and when I can pretend to have won."

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
Guest sillybear2

A shitty third rate player and persistent loser shilling for a shitty third rate company operating in scammy third rate industry. Oh well, at least he's got some dignity, he didn't become the new "Howard".

'The Hideaways Club', isn't Goodwin their president?

Edited by sillybear2

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
It will end in tears and an inescapable annual service charge that inflates by 10% each year.

I bought a timeshare 28 years ago. Great investment. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with the model/concept, although it's undeniable there are a lot of scammers in the industry.

HOLA4415

Can someone explain to me what the point of a timeshare is?

AIUI you're tied into an agreement to use the same place only at certain times of the year.

So you have to go on holiday to the same place every year, at a time not of your choosing, and you still have to pay for flights etc.

But you can get last minute deals to package holiday style resorts (where all these timeshares seem to be) for about £200 for a week including flights...

HOLA4416
Hi

This was covered on last w/e MoS Property section, with some criticism, but that article is'nt on the web yet.

"Timeshare" - what am I saying, it's an "equity destination club, or [...] a fractional club, and members have equity ownership in the entire portfolio of properties that offers potential for medium to long term growth on their investment." At least it is aimed at the rich - low-rent timeshare is an evil business.

I hope Tim doesn't need the money. He was a fine player, and I assumed he had banked the proceeds of ten years at the top... He was never a flash celebrity. (free hols perhaps?). Anyway:

"The largest destination club in Europe, The Hideaways Club, has just announced that the UK's top tennis player has become Ambassador for, and a member of, the club. Commenting on his membership Tim Henman said, "I am delighted to accept the role of Ambassador for such a prestigious and exciting company. Having traveled the world for so many years I've frequently thought about owning somewhere abroad where I can take my family on holiday but always held back because I didn't want the added responsibility of owning a house overseas and didn't want to be tied down to one place."

Henman continued "In The Hideaways Club I have found the perfect solution. A wide variety of beautiful properties in stunning locations that I can use year round without all the attendant costs, concerns and hassles associated with owning my own house plus the potential growth of my investment. The whole concept of fractional ownership makes total sense to me and I greatly look forward to enjoying the variety of choice the Club offers as to where and when I go on holiday."

The Hideaways Club, has 20 luxurious, € million plus properties throughout Europe, Africa, Mauritius and the Far East with more planned to be added to the portfolio during this year. The club is an equity destination club, or in Europe is referred to as a fractional club, and members have equity ownership in the entire portfolio of properties that offers potential for medium to long term growth on their investment."

The days of time share are over.

From now on, they shall be named Timshare

:rolleyes:

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
Guest sillybear2
Can someone explain to me what the point of a timeshare is?

The industry was basically a training ground for the current generation of LIAR LOAN mortgage brokers, 'bankers'/debt salesmen and Inside Track style shysters.... what was the point of all those?

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
Hi

I wouldn't call this timeshare exactly... they appear to buy properties rather than build them and the minimum price it seems is £200,000 per member.......... as a concept it probably makes a lot of sense for some people vs just buying a house in one location and feeling like you need to go there the whole time... mind you its got £12k of annual fees apparently so the properties I suspect are top end otherwise you may as well just take your £12k and rent and keep the £200k in the bank.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

If Henman's being paid a decent whack to push these "investments" good luck to him. What else is he able to do to continue his high earnings expectation?

And if there are still rich idiots floating about willing to be swayed by this type of marketing, I have no sympathy for them.