House Price Crash Forum

Boe Let Slip That Remit Is To Support House Prices

HOLA441
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
I can't understand why a handful of people on here think the economy in UK should collapse to appease them.

This is way past green shoots now.

i know we've kind of gone beyond this point in terms of debating standards with you sibbers but what on earth did the little kidney stone of wisdom you just gushed there have to do with the title or content OP of this thread, namely the objectives of the bank of england?

HOLA443
I think what he's trying to say is homeowners want to see you shafted now for trying to talk down the economy.

In laymans terms like. :lol:

What goes around comes around. You have slagged hardworking people off for trying to improve their lot.

Now you're going to get yours.

Yes - I mean the ONLY way house prices will drop is if the economy gets worse. Who wants that? Ohh yeah, some VI bears all hoping for a cheap house. Have you not noticed every internal and external govt dept is doing it best to stop on a world wide level?

Do you guys like seeing people unemployed and suffering?

HOLA444
can you read that ralph, 'obvious'? sorry son, but it was and is obvious to a lot of us, and the BoE is therefore complicit in propping up a ponzi scheme, gosh i wonder why ;) hint: check newspaper headlines past few weeks

Its not a ponzi scheme - Its wealth creation for the nation. Do you think you can beat them? No - I suggest you take advantage of the 25% drop and get involved.

Edited by Gideon Gono

HOLA445

I really am getting sick and tired of the vapid stupidity and grasping greediness of almost all the bulls on this site now.

Could some sort of flood control be instituted?

That way they could make their 'point' (ha! :lol:) without dominating and ultimately hijacking entire threads.

Having said that, they never appear on threads which discuss hard data.

Curious, that.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
Its not a ponzi scheme - Its wealth creation for the nation. Do you think you can beat them? No - I suggest you take advantage of the 25% drop and get involved.

woof woof......pssssssssssssss

you'll be doing Amway next.

HOLA4410

Deary me, the bulls are getting worse

I can only assume they are on some kind of delirious high from all this spring bouncing and media ramping

I thought the anger stage of accusations of bears wanting puppy dogs shot and children kicked out onto the streets would've been over by now, some of them must still be seriously worried :lol:

Edited by pete.hpc

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Deary me, the bulls are getting worse

I can only assume they are on some kind of delirious high from all this spring bouncing and media ramping

I thought the anger stage of accusations of bears wanting puppy dogs shot and children kicked out onto the streets would've been over by now, some of them must still be seriously worried :lol:

Why would a bull worry unless they were knee deep in dirt doo doo poo and sinking fast. ;)

HOLA4414
This is way past green shoots now.

Tell that to West Bromwich, which won't be the last Building Society to go t*ts up. The exposure in the BTL / commercial sector is going to lead to a lot more damage before we're out of the woods.

And no, I don't relish this, I want the economy to recover, but I'm not kidding myself it's going to happen any time soon.

HOLA4415
That is where you are wrong...no one wants the economy to collapse, the only answer for a recovery is for property to reduce in price and/or to build more homes to create stability and security for the people...insecure people = insecure economy.

Why would people put effort into work? when all they see that they want is out of their reach, so in effect they have nothing to work for.

What we have got now is yellow limp weeds, a sprinkling of QE will just about finish them off. ;)

Amen Winkie.

Plenty of people dont earn enough for a house, but they earn quite enough to get permo bladdered in order to forget they cant ever afford a house of thier own.

And thus, the Sibley Circle of Shit is completed.

And people wonder why the British are the way they are.

HOLA4416
Yes - I mean the ONLY way house prices will drop is if the economy gets worse. Who wants that? Ohh yeah, some VI bears all hoping for a cheap house. Have you not noticed every internal and external govt dept is doing it best to stop on a world wide level?

Do you guys like seeing people unemployed and suffering?

If we don't allow the market to operate as they should, unemployment and suffering will be the least of our worries. Please don't confuse whats good for you with whats good for people.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
ralphmalph, what were you dissin' on my thread? read + weep boy

QUOTE (ralphmalph @ Jun 11 2009, 12:16 AM)

Andykn sums it up nicely in his post.

QUOTE (Turnbull2000 @ Jun 11 2009, 06:50 PM) *

With thanks to Alice at Bubble blog

http://ukhousebubble.blogspot.com/2009/06/...ary-policy.html

MPC member Andrew Sentance in reference to money printing and 0.5% rates...

I replied to this on Digitalspy too, but neglected to read the blog first. I should have done:

“Over the last nine months, the Monetary Policy Committee has been focussed on providing support to demand – through dramatic and unprecedented cuts in interest rates over the autumn and winter – and more recently through our current policy of “Quantitative Easingâ€.

"This programme of substantial asset purchases aims to boost the money supply to support spending in the economy, going beyond the stimulus that can be provided by very low interest rates.

I am confident that these policies will help to support economic recovery – through their effect on asset prices, financial conditions and ultimately spending by households and firms.â€

So, unless the BoE has been buying houses, he's not talking about houses.

As you can see both you and Alice (whoever she is) have a basic lack of reading comprehension.

It is very clear that the assets that are refered to here are the gilts that the BoE has been buying.

Your teenage anger is getting the better of your judgement.

Edited by ralphmalph

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
“Over the last nine months, the Monetary Policy Committee has been focussed on providing support to demand – through dramatic and unprecedented cuts in interest rates over the autumn and winter – and more recently through our current policy of “Quantitative Easingâ€.

"This programme of substantial asset purchases aims to boost the money supply to support spending in the economy, going beyond the stimulus that can be provided by very low interest rates.

I am confident that these policies will help to support economic recovery – through their effect on asset prices, financial conditions and ultimately spending by households and firms.â€

Err if there is more money in the economy just what asset do you think people put money into?

HOLA4422
Andykn sums it up nicely in his post.

QUOTE (Turnbull2000 @ Jun 11 2009, 06:50 PM) *

With thanks to Alice at Bubble blog

http://ukhousebubble.blogspot.com/2009/06/...ary-policy.html

MPC member Andrew Sentance in reference to money printing and 0.5% rates...

I replied to this on Digitalspy too, but neglected to read the blog first. I should have done:

“Over the last nine months, the Monetary Policy Committee has been focussed on providing support to demand �" through dramatic and unprecedented cuts in interest rates over the autumn and winter �" and more recently through our current policy of “Quantitative Easingâ€.

I am confident that these policies will help to support economic recovery �" through their effect on asset prices, financial conditions and ultimately spending by households and firms.â€

As you can see both you and Alice (whoever she is) have a basic lack of reading comprehension.

It is very clear that the assets that are refered to here are the gilts that the BoE has been buying.

Your teenage anger is getting the better of your judgement.

A Gilt is not an asset until somebody has bought it.

to buy it, one needs money.

money is lent into existence.

lending is best done against a real asset.

real assets have been crashing, mostly real estate.

it ALL hinges on things that are real. things that are real are falling in monetary value.. ....

simples.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425