Guest KingCharles1st

HOLA441
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Guest sillybear2
Spot on. I approve of what he has done, but he's not a hero, he's from the dark side.

Suppose, but if all the MP's were straight there'd be nothing damaging to hide.

“Integrity is how you act when no one is watching"

I fail to see how shooting the messenger gets to the heart of this matter.

Edited by sillybear2

HOLA443
HOLA444
Guest sillybear2
His sales pitch: Who dares spins.

Brown spent £6k on cleaners to clean up his smears to nothing on plumbers to fix his leaks ;)

HOLA445
HOLA446

History has shown time after time that the only way to remove a despotic Government is by breaking the law.

Thankfully the French realised that during WW2 as indeed did many other nations that have over history been taken over by those intent on creating havoc.

It would be nice to see many many more people working in Government, Civil Service, and Local Government come out and tell the public what their bosses have been doing with taxpayers money.

HOLA447
Guest sillybear2
The general public seem to be more upset about the MP's fiddling their expenses than about

the government leading us into the next great depression.

There's nought as queer as folk!

True, though to be fair it's about what it says about the quality of people and the judgement of those who run the country rather than the money in itself, in that context all those shitty one sided PFI deals the government entered into make sense, there is clearly very little regard for tax payers money on all levels.

There again in the Labour heartlands the voters can probably relate to fiddling toilet seats and LCD tv's more than they can to the billions wasted on the crooked special liqudity scheme, asset protection scheme and quantitative easing, it seems if you want to pull off a real heist you need to do it on a sufficiently large scale with baffling numbers and incomphrensible language. Kicking people in the nuts by abolishing the 10p tax then awarding yourself thousands in luxuries clearly has a bite for the man in the street.

It must be said that it was a delight to see Harriet Harman's face this week, it was a picture, especially when that ITV girl came back with the one liner "horse manure". It seems she's no longer too keen on her "court of public opinion" idea.

Shame, I'm sure the public would love to see a good combined lynching of banksters and MP's, we could also throw in a few journo's too, this entire story passed the Forth Estate by for years, until Heather Brooke almost alone started asking some questions, the rest of the pack were more interested in Jordan's tits.

Edited by sillybear2

HOLA448
Notwithstanding the disgraceful dishonesty that has been exposed, data protection laws seem to have been broken here and maybe those responsible should be offered the oppotrunity to justify their lawbreaking in front of a judge and jury along with some of those that they exposed. Two wrongs don't make a right, even if they nearly do in this case.

This is especially true if they have been paid for their info. It should also be examined whether any of the allegations against MPs have been falsified.

The government broke the data protection law in a much bigger way when they allowed 5 MILLION of our personal records to be nicked out the back of a TNT van. They never found the CD's and the whole subject has faded away.

If the government can allow 5 million of our personal records to be stolen I hardly think they are in a position to bang on about police investigations and the whole unfairness of it all.

MP's are keen on collecting and losing details about all of us but want you to know f*ck all about what they get up to and remain blissfully unaware about the vast amount of money they are stealing from your taxes.

HOLA449
The general public seem to be more upset about the MP's fiddling their expenses than about

the government leading us into the next great depression.

There's nought as queer as folk!

Two mp's on today' politics show stressed how their work takes up most of a 7 day week . How come then that some mp's , especially Tory, find the time to work on boards of companies , earning fabulous salaries . EG , Ken Clarke on the board of an F&C Investment Trust . I say if you are an mp , be one full time and don't claim your full salaries when you are really part timers . Also , the House of Lords expenses should be examined . We could be in for a manic depression , therefore I hope the PM has got a supply of SSRI's .

HOLA4410
If ministers and Government use, change, and manipulate the law to hide fraud, corruption and anything else that is in the publics interests, then it would be wrong to use the law that is designed to protect the public against those that break the law to expose the injustices that have been carried out in the name of democracy.

The law and justice system has clearly failed the public, and the person who exposed these evil people when families are starving and living in poverty due to their extravagancies and affiliations with the banks deserves to be knighted and have first shout to pull the trigger when the public line these evil people up against the wall.

Exactly so.

When our lawmakers set about passing laws to conceal their illegal behaviour, public interest demands that their illegitimacy is exposed even if it means another law is broken in the process.

HOLA4411
Two mp's on today' politics show stressed how their work takes up most of a 7 day week . How come then that some mp's , especially Tory, find the time to work on boards of companies , earning fabulous salaries . EG , Ken Clarke on the board of an F&C Investment Trust . I say if you are an mp , be one full time and don't claim your full salaries when you are really part timers . Also , the House of Lords expenses should be examined . We could be in for a manic depression , therefore I hope the PM has got a supply of SSRI's .

same goes for hospital consultants employed by the NHS

HOLA4412
True, though to be fair it's about what it says about the quality of people and the judgement of those who run the country rather than the money in itself, in that context all those shitty one sided PFI deals the government entered into make sense, there is clearly very little regard for tax payers money on all levels.

There again in the Labour heartlands the voters can probably relate to fiddling toilet seats and LCD tv's more than they can to the billions wasted on the crooked special liqudity scheme, asset protection scheme and quantitative easing, it seems if you want to pull off a real heist you need to do it on a sufficiently large scale with baffling numbers and incomphrensible language. Kicking people in the nuts by abolishing the 10p tax then awarding yourself thousands in luxuries clearly has a bite for the man in the street.

It must be said that it was a delight to see Harriet Harman's face this week, it was a picture, especially when that ITV girl came back with the one liner "horse manure". It seems she's no longer too keen on her "court of public opinion" idea.

Shame, I'm sure the public would love to see a good combined lynching of banksters and MP's, we could also throw in a few journo's too, this entire story passed the Forth Estate by for years, until Heather Brooke almost alone started asking some questions, the rest of the pack were more interested in Jordan's tits.

what he said...

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I think we are just at the edge of the rabbit hole, how deep it is is anyones guess, however all the papers will be looking for"scoops" and I am sure forthcoming revelations will take our breaths away.

By the end of this summer I believe the we could be in uncharted territory as far as public anger goes!...bout time!

HOLA4415
I think we are just at the edge of the rabbit hole, how deep it is is anyones guess, however all the papers will be looking for"scoops" and I am sure forthcoming revelations will take our breaths away.

By the end of this summer I believe the we could be in uncharted territory as far as public anger goes!...bout time!

This struck me as apt.

They have given us into the hands of the new unhappy lords,

Lords without anger and honour, who dare not carry their swords.

They fight by shuffling papers; they have bright dead alien eyes;

They look at our labour and laughter as a tired man looks at flies.

And the load of their loveless pity is worse than the ancient wrongs,

Their doors are shut in the evenings; and they know no songs.

We hear men speaking for us of new laws strong and sweet,

Yet is there no man speaketh as we speak in the street.

It may be we shall rise the last as Frenchmen rose the first,

Our wrath come after Russia's wrath and our wrath be the worst.

It may be we are meant to mark with our riot and our rest

God's scorn for all men governing. It may be beer is best.

But we are the people of England; and we have not spoken yet.

Smile at us, pay us, pass us. But do not quite forget.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
This struck me as apt.

They have given us into the hands of the new unhappy lords,

Lords without anger and honour, who dare not carry their swords.

They fight by shuffling papers; they have bright dead alien eyes;

They look at our labour and laughter as a tired man looks at flies.

And the load of their loveless pity is worse than the ancient wrongs,

Their doors are shut in the evenings; and they know no songs.

We hear men speaking for us of new laws strong and sweet,

Yet is there no man speaketh as we speak in the street.

It may be we shall rise the last as Frenchmen rose the first,

Our wrath come after Russia's wrath and our wrath be the worst.

It may be we are meant to mark with our riot and our rest

God's scorn for all men governing. It may be beer is best.

But we are the people of England; and we have not spoken yet.

Smile at us, pay us, pass us. But do not quite forget.

Excellent!

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Don't forget these two as well:

The Sunday Times has established that: David Willetts, who had claimed £115 in parliamentary expenses for workmen to change 25 lightbulbs, is entitled to claim more than £3,000 a day working for a pensions advice company. Ian McCartney, the former trade minister, is entitled to a daily rate of £3,125 from Fluor Corporation, an international construction company.

Bloody ridiculous!

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
Ben Chapman, a Labour MP, admitted last night that he was allowed to continue claiming for interest payments on his entire mortgage after repaying £295,000 of the loan in 2002.

Over 10 months the arrangement allowed Mr Chapman to receive £15,000 for the part of the home loan which had been paid off. Last night, he said he would not give back the money.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...age-claims.html

edit- quote

Edited by erat_forte

HOLA4422

Yep, this whole sordid affair is going to bring the British political system to it's knees.

This will simply not 'blow over'. Some serious issues are at stake here; democracy, justice, faith. This will only exacerbate the decline of our already failing economy.

What is the way forward? Don't ask me. But it will involve more than sticking Mr Martins head on a stake outside of Westminster. We need a sea change.

Trouble is a brewing. Have you done the right thing and positioned yourself accordingly?

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
“By paying off capital I am forgoing interest and investment opportunities elsewhere,” he told the fees office.

Well that's alright then, keep claiming the interest payments. After all, we taxpayers only exist to compensate you for missed investment opportunities :blink:

HOLA4425
Yep, this whole sordid affair is going to bring the British political system to it's knees.

This will simply not 'blow over'. Some serious issues are at stake here; democracy, justice, faith. This will only exacerbate the decline of our already failing economy.

What is the way forward? Don't ask me. But it will involve more than sticking Mr Martins head on a stake outside of Westminster. We need a sea change.

Trouble is a brewing. Have you done the right thing and positioned yourself accordingly?

The way forward in my opinion is through prosecutions. We can then be cleansed and start afresh with confidence and a new set of rules.

Anything less and there will likely be serious unrest, and soon.