House Price Crash Forum

Brown Most Unpopular Pm Since Chamberlin

HOLA441

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7620239.stm

Report from the BBC, that doesn't tell us much we didn't know. But curiously, isn't Gordo wearing Neville's old tie. What can we draw from this?

_45024764_-18.jpg

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

I think it is great that he is up there on a pedestal to get what he justly deserves. He could have slied away and disappeared but he is so much in love with himself he had to rise to PM. People have woken up, they are asking where all the money has gone and they have found out that he has blown the lot. It is right that he is becoming a hate figure.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Neville Chamberlain had the saving grace of being a good chancellor of the exchequer in the 1930's, spending six years reducing the war debt and the tax burden. Appeasement and war aside he was quite a successful prime minister with a radical agenda, introducing the Factory's Act and a new Housing Act (slum clearance). Another interesting point is that he remained Leader of the conservative party, despite Churchill taking over as Prime Minister.

HOLA448
Guest KingCharles1st

Maybe he will have made enough money from dodgy bank backhanders, that when he finally leaves, he might go and buy a football club-

- a miracle football club in fact

-Newc'y 'Brown' for example

I hear they need someone to steer them through troubled times- jsut like he did with the economy

In fact- can anyone do da photoshop of Brown with a 70's Keegan hairdo- gotta be funny that

Edited by KingCharles1st

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Report from the BBC, that doesn't tell us much we didn't know.

Hmmm.... I seem to remember Thatcher being very unpopular with a hell of a lot of people basically for the entire term of her time in office. In fact hard core labour types still say they hate her and when they say hate the really mean it.

HOLA4412
<a href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7620239.stm" target="_blank">http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7620239.stm </a>

Report from the BBC, that doesn't tell us much we didn't know. But curiously, isn't Gordo wearing Neville's old tie. What can we draw from this?

_45024764_-18.jpg

It's just struck me that if you stuck a red pointy hat on Gordon, he'd make a lovely gnome. Maybe he should have been a Gnome of Zurich, lurking in an underground vault and counting up his money.

A bit like Gollum and his 'precious', now I come to think of it.

HOLA4413
Guest AuntJess
Hmmm.... I seem to remember Thatcher being very unpopular with a hell of a lot of people basically for the entire term of her time in office. In fact hard core labour types still say they hate her and when they say hate the really mean it.

If they are so 'hard-core' that they don't realise that Maggie - despite being a bit of a besom in some ways - ran a sound economy, and that Gorgon has sabotaged not only their financial future, but that of their children and grandchildren, then their beliefs aren't the only thing that is hard-core. <_<

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
If they are so 'hard-core' that they don't realise that Maggie - despite being a bit of a besom in some ways - ran a sound economy, and that Gorgon has sabotaged not only their financial future, but that of their children and grandchildren, then their beliefs aren't the only thing that is hard-core. <_<

I didn't say they were right I'm just challenging the notion that Gordon Brown is the most unpopular PM, can't say I have heard many people saying that hate him yet there were thousands who hated Thatcher (150,000 minors for example).

HOLA4417

Maggie ran a sound economy? Who do you think accelerated and deepened the dependence of the UK economy on the banking and financial sector?

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

She was very unpopular in a very popular way though!

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
I didn't say they were right I'm just challenging the notion that Gordon Brown is the most unpopular PM, can't say I have heard many people saying that hate him yet there were thousands who hated Thatcher (150,000 minors for example).

There were just as many people who were absolutely devoted to Thatcher and thought she was the greatest leader we ever had. Does Gordon have any supporters?

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
There were just as many people who were absolutely devoted to Thatcher and thought she was the greatest leader we ever had. Does Gordon have any supporters?

I didn't actually say that Brown was less or more popular than Thatcher, what I said was that people hated Thatcher, more so than Chamberlain, however to be the most unpopular Prime Minister since the one 3 PM's ago doesn't have the same weight as saying he is less popular than since on in the 1930's.

I had no desire to get into the argument other than to point out you don't need to go back to the 1930's to find a very unpopular Prime Minister.

HOLA4425