House Price Crash Forum

'scrounging' Family Gets £500,000 House From Council

svag

HOLA441
Actually the total fertility rate (TFR) in the UK is now 1.89 accoridng to last stats produce recently, one of the highest in Europe, only beaten by Norway, Albania,Ireland & France. In the county where i live (one of the shires) the TFR is now 2.03 so your bleat about hard-working 30 unable to have kids is very dated

No it still stands. - the hard working 30 year olds cant afford to have kids. Those on benefits can, and can afford to have even more children, hence the increase in TFR.

All of us in our late 20s cant afford to have one child+ let alone 12 kids. The only person I know not claiming benefits who has had a child in their 30s and does not live in a council house is a millionaire who co-runs a property development company.

Edited by notanewmember

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Wow! I agree with your frustration. How the heck this was allowed to happen? The house is more than 11 times their joint income!

Just you wait until their kids grow up and get on the dole as well - will be one happy family! £200K in benefits, anyone?

What income? They have no income? They are scroungers.

HOLA443
44K and free accomodation not bad for sitting on your ****. The majority of hard working couples in the UK earn about 30K together if lucky and will be taxed more to pay for this family. The moral of the story sit at home and just populate the country and you can jump the property ladder for free, and get paid an absolute fortune also on the buy back scheme they would be able to buy the place in 5 years for 35K. How many more will follow this example after reading this.

Posters should take action on this. Unlikely though.

HOLA444
Guest Shedfish

some of my best friends and favourite people are on benefits - long term sick, or just the fragile kind. i don't have a problem with the benefit system per se, and i don't begrudge at least some of my tax larceny this year going towards their beer tokens. it's a bit like buying your skint down and out mate an awful lot of beer, in harmless chunks, over time. and anyway, life has a habit of reversing fortunes so that most folk get to experience most things at some point. the most sensible career-minded person i know, who grew up at 12 and met his 'life partner' at 13 is currently separated, sticking half of columbia up his nose, and sh@gging anything with a pulse, at the age of 42.

but this proper p!sses me off. i can hear them screaming in chorus in asda. i can imagine trying to get past this patriarchal platoon on the pavement. they'd probably be rude to a solitary armchair philosopher with an eye for the absurd such as myself, running with a pack that size. i wouldn't give them donations in the street for making the choice to breed like bacteria, and i don't see why i should subsidise them in a '500k' house (even if it's mostly a reflection of a crazy market), when all i want is a little place to call my own, and a stout canoe...

HOLA445
As for the super-rich i have still not seen any hard evidence that shows that the new super-rich class/no-dom class put as much into the country as they take out i.e. thru paying little or no tax or offshore tax avoidance schemes.

The people who are stuffed in the UK are the 90% of the population who end up subsidising the very poor and the very-rich as they are the only ones who pay the full amount of tax

Spot on, but good luck arguing against the tabloid headlines (gee, I wonder who owns these papers and why they give families like this such prominence?) and their grip on the nation. What about BAE? What about Metronet? This family are morally wrong and deserve criticism, but let's keep it in perspective. Compared to just these two examples, and the tax avoidance you mention, it's small change.

HOLA446

NOWHERE IN THE WORLD WOULD SUPPORT THESE PEOPLE, APART FROM GOOD OLD UK..

No wonder we are seen as the land of milk and honey.. by aslium seekers

I would rather have them contain in a house than let wander the countryside.

I have friends at the top to friends at the bottom.

It would scare me to think of this lot living in caravans in a park or somewhere.

Our system was shot in the foot the first day we gave something for nothing.

THE SYSTEM IN THE UK WILL COLLAPSE

Avoid paying Tax. Dont fund the system.

Do you think when you are old, you can live off a state pension.

Why the hell are old people who paid tax all their life, even taxed on death not treated well..

Its going to require more than a tory goverment to sort the UK out....

HOLA447
HOLA448
One of the most intelligent things I've heard said about politics in this day and age.

Most of the people who vote labour do not agree with the majority of their policies.

Cracks me up when I hear the inlaws moaning about immigration!

This is why they are called Sheeple Dan :)

Mark.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
Have you seen the names they've given the kids :

Parris-Jordan and Kesla Blu, eight; twins Mason and Peaches, six; Logan, four, and the three-year-old twins Skye and Kalifornya.

Chavtastic!

Parris-Jordan sounds like a complex area of American business law, and Kesla Blu a chemical that was banned in the '70s on health and safety grounds. Mason and Peaches - upmarket department store?

HOLA4411
I bet they weren't.

Now now--let's be fair to the hard working council. They have been very busy lately trying to raise taxes to cover all the additonal costs of Brownism including social housing for the hundreds of thousands of asylum seekers and Dutch migrants.

HOLA4412
Did you actually read the acticle in full? You state that we've had 10 years of liberal social politics. You could have fooled me. We've seen nothing but a continuation of the widening gap between rich and poor in the past 10 years, started by the tories in 1979. If you think that the change of government was more than cosmetic, you need to take a closer look and stop thinking like a tabloid newspaper. There are thousands of multi-millionaires and billionaires who don't lift a finger, enjoy British hospitality and infrastructure when it suits them and who contribute nothing, yes n-o-t-h-i-n-g to the public purse. At least the "scroungers" in the article had jobs at one time, then, since the prevailing social system prevented them from starting a family in the usual way, they decided they had to bite the bullet and do it on the state - well so what - they are victims of the very problems you point out in your ill thought out attack on my original posting. We need more like them to displace some of the scrounging migrants whose sole aim is to get free health care and a free house. At least this couple have contributed something to the UK tax system in the past. And now, because they're unable to afford what they should be able to afford, they are getting help from the state. The tories positively encouraged the dole culture in the 1980's by creating huge unemployment and exporting all our manufacturing jobs overseas. They also systematically started the destruction of the family and then sold out to the global financiers.

Interestingly enough, the Tories under Maggie tried to destroy the social gaps by selling off council houses to give people a sense of ownership. Ditto with shareholding. But as we all know, if you divide all the money equally among the whole population the same people will hod the same amoutn of wealth within just a few years. Social reversion theory.

Maggies fervour in destroying the legal profession's "class divisions" as manifested by the Bar and the elitism of the judiciary. Maggie, being from solid working class stock, became a barrister but left for politics. Woman, especially working class, were not welcome in the legal profession in those days. Politicians tend to act out their childhood and formative year grievances through their policies. We are in BIG trouble with Brown.

HOLA4413

This really annoys me, our taxes paying for work shy spongers to breed. I discussed with my South African wife about a five year plan to take our STR pot and emigrate to Cape Town where we can buy big house outright.

they dont have a benefit system like ours that pays long term out of work, i'm not sure what it does pay for but it doesn't pay for things like this. Even the lazy blacks in the Cape Town Shanti Town tin huts around the airport dont have this many kids, because they would starve!!!

Even the USA has a better handle than us, again a less generous benefit system, and they actively funnel the poor into certain areas and they recruit them for the Army, ship them to oil rich countries to "liberate" them, a fair few get killed and hey presto the poor population is controled again.

Why cant we do this? Good to see one of these spongers boys is joining the Army, but I bet it was his own choice. The DHSS and the MOD should combine databases of the poor on benefits and as soon as the kids hit 16, bam, letters and leaflets enticing them to join the Army.

M

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
:lol:

:lol:

Come on guys don't be nasty the kids will pay for your pension :lol:

I'm not old enough to remember but I'm sure my parents worked to pay for the pensions of their parents and to fund the NHS etc. It seems to me that now we pay tax to fund our parents pensions and the NHS but now we also pay to fund the current generation and their off-spring through working tax / child tax credits. Did I miss something or did Gordon introduce a whole new level of support with anyone noticing ? Are we now being taxed to support things our parents didn't have to ?

I can't remember my parents having to fork out for other people to work / breed.

HOLA4420
Mr Gillespie, 34, said: "We're not scroungers and if it was economical for me to work then I would do.

"We can just about survive on the money we've got but I can't give my kids nice things that other parents could like days out, and if I were working I could afford them.

"The last job I had was in 2000 or 2001 when I was working at ASDA earning £300 to £350 a month.

"I did this for ten weeks and at that time my housing benefit was cut from £1600 to £800 a month so it just didn't make sense for me to carry on working."

I'm shocked that this is possible in you country...no way somebody like this would get the money in Germany...you only get jobseeking allowens if you take a job which is offered to you..if not you don't get the money and if you quit the job..you don't get money either ..

Don't blame those people..they only weak and take whats given to them...blame the law, the council, the politicians or even yourself that you let this happen :rolleyes:

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
So... which political party do I vote for to stop this kind of thing happening?

You know I honetsly dont think that it can be sorted now :(

It would take a very strong man with backing from his party and electorate to bring in sweeping changes to the way the whole system works. The man would have to be very honourable and moral, a bit like Ghandi if you like (He got shot by the way). I think the biggest problem is with the people themselves though. There is no British identity anymore. The British just dont care enough, are not passionate enough to get of their arses and do something, anything but moan and then get on with their own lives! There is No GREAT britain anymore. There was once but it has now faded and gone like the Roman empire did.

Mark.

HOLA4423
You know I honetsly dont think that it can be sorted now :(

It was rhetoric. I was saying, 'what's the point in voting as a way of making things better'.

However, I put is as a question just in case someone had any suggestions about how things could be improved.

From time to time, I encounter something that causes me to think, 'This isn't right. We should fix this,' but I immediately hit the problem: what the heck do we do to fix any of these things? It doesn't seem like voting in a General Election is the answer, that's for sure.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Formula for max beneifts for those able to work but not:

Minimum wage (£) x 37.5 (hours)

No ifs no buts, no matter how many children you have. That's it. Nothing more. And to be quite frank it should be supplied in vouchers rather than cash.