House Price Crash Forum

This Means War

HOLA441
3 minutes ago, fellow said:

But it did take 13 days for Iran to respond and being too scared of your enemy to escalate is a genuine stance to take. I'm just asking the question which is the case, no retaliation or just biding their time?

Whereas your self righteous comment added nothing to the thread. Also strange that you picked on me rather than Maghull Mike's comment I was responding to in which he literally referred to it as a point scoring game.

Mike is on ignore because he does this daft posting

You put 'bottled it' like its penalties in a quarter final

Your comments have ranged from claiming things were false flags and various other wild ideas but I thought you were just doing so from a bit of ignorance.

Evidently like Mike you see this as a game which is deeply sad

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
27 minutes ago, Roman Roady said:

If there is no response, it will be the fist time since they came into existence. So I am expecting something from them sooner or later. There was a post on this thread wrt a one time opportunity to take out any emerging Iranian nuclear capability...I cant believe this is being overlooked in Israel, Washington, London, Paris...even in the UN and EU.

Because its one of those mad ideas that would cause instability and violence in the region for a decade or moreof reprisals and the UN doesn't go around discussing blowing up nuclear facilities as a good idea.

HOLA443

Israelis are being told a follow-up strike would weaken case for other nations' forces to aid next time and they would not participate in tit-for-tat exchanges.

this iswhat is causing the headbangers in Israel to have less input.

Netanyahu may be an arsehole but he's not stupid and knows 1/3 of all drones and cruise missiles were taken outby non-Israeli efforts.

US dealt with Houthi launches of ballistic missiles.

Remove some of that and they must be engaging targets over Israeli territory and more likely Netanyahu gets a negative outcome from debris falling in Israel.

They will do something but it will have to be far less than headbangers demand

HOLA444

You know we're talking with Tankies since while Israel is facing big reckoning over choosing between being a true Western democracy and a creepy, semi-Fascist ethnostate (while its armed forces objectively brutalized Palestinian civilians and systematically destroyed Gaza's infrastructure), they blantantly ignore how crazy, hate spewing Iran really is and how it heavily mirrors Nazi Germany, North Korea, and Imperial Japan...

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
11 hours ago, Maghull Mike said:

No sign of Israel...........sort of........not happening.

So israel is 0-2 down............

3 hours ago, fellow said:

Bottled it? But then it did take Iran 13 days to carry out their response.

You should appreciate it. Or do you want another escalation which does not risk your life but does of the people living in the region?

Problem is many have had too good a life and behave like everything is a joke.

HOLA448
HOLA449
3 hours ago, Staffsknot said:

Mike is on ignore because he does this daft posting

You put 'bottled it' like its penalties in a quarter final

Your comments have ranged from claiming things were false flags and various other wild ideas but I thought you were just doing so from a bit of ignorance.

Evidently like Mike you see this as a game which is deeply sad

Nope, Israel made a threat to respond to the attacks. and "bottling it" is an accurate description of them failing to go through with this threat out of fear of being hit even harder and escalating into full scale war (which is a good thing). Yes, it was a light hearted way of putting it in as few words as possible but so what? We have to be deadly serious at all times just to please you?

51 minutes ago, MerchantNavy said:

You should appreciate it. Or do you want another escalation which does not risk your life but does of the people living in the region?

Problem is many have had too good a life and behave like everything is a joke.

I do appreciate it. Like I said in a previous post, Iran drew a line under it and so should Israel. I fail to see where I made a joke anyway.

Edited by fellow

HOLA4410
4 hours ago, Roman Roady said:

If there is no response, it will be the fist time since they came into existence. So I am expecting something from them sooner or later. There was a post on this thread wrt a one time opportunity to take out any emerging Iranian nuclear capability...I cant believe this is being overlooked in Israel, Washington, London, Paris...even in the UN and EU.

Not so.

During the first Iraq war when Saddam Hussein was firing a few Scud missiles at Israel everyone expected some response from them. BUT they did not. Accounts vary as to why they did not respond. But, apparently, the consensus is that it was the immediate deployment of U.S Patriot interceptor missiles that placated them.

I, like everyone else here, am not privy to all the secret info/intelligence Israel and her allies may have. But in the absence of anything special to consider I too, at the moment, concur with the apparent pleadings of the U.S/UK/etc. that Israel should NOT retaliate against Iran - given the demonstrated commitment/military assistance from her allies to neutralise/shoot down pretty much all that Iran threw at Israel this past week.

All that said, IF Israel were to attack Iran then it would be a wasted opportunity if they didn't try and do at least some damage to Iran's nuclear facilities. The Americans, privately at least, certainly likely wouldn't complain. 

Edited by anonguest

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
21 minutes ago, fellow said:

Like I said in a previous post, Iran drew a line under it and so should Israel

Iran has not drawn a line under anything.

They are still idealogically committed to destroying Israel. Period.

You are probably another of those naive twits who also believes unquestioningly all the Iranian's promises of them not pursuing nuclear weapons.

Edited by anonguest

HOLA4413
22 minutes ago, fellow said:

Nope, Israel made a threat to respond to the attacks. and "bottling it" is an accurate description of them failing to go through with this threat out of fear of being hit even harder and escalating into full scale war (which is a good thing). Yes, it was a light hearted way of putting it in as few words as possible but so what? We have to be deadly serious at all times just to please you?

I do appreciate it. Like I said in a previous post, Iran drew a line under it and so should Israel. I fail to see where I made a joke anyway.

I'm adding you to the ignores with Mike as I can't be doing with this daftness and conspiracy crap all the time

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
1 hour ago, Maghull Mike said:

What am trying to show is how child like this war is.................

Frankly i hate ALL the modern wars we been involved ...its been a bloody price for the people involved & a MEGA financial cost to all of us...........

It's Ego. Most war is started by this human weakness. You've got more than me. I've got a bigger gun than you have. I need to stay the most respected thug in the playground. Etc

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
4 minutes ago, jonb2 said:

It's Ego. Most war is started by this human weakness. You've got more than me. I've got a bigger gun than you have. I need to stay the most respected thug in the playground. Etc

Except that in the case of the middle east these wars are almost totally religious in motivation, e.g. Jews vs Muslims, Shia Muslims vs Sunni Muslims, etc.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
1 minute ago, MerchantNavy said:

Nice quote after edit.

Which edit?

If you look at the post with the Ian Fleming quote you will see that it has not been edited.

So which is it? Are you stupid? OR are you a bot?

Edited by anonguest

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
7 minutes ago, jonb2 said:

How do you change that and get people to be more appreciative of what they have at individual and state level?

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
1 minute ago, MerchantNavy said:

Wrong. It's Zionists. Stop blaming Jews.

Really?!

The HAMAS charter, and they are supported generously by Iran, does not refer to Zionists. It explicitly states that it's quarrel is with Jews.

HOLA4425
1 minute ago, anonguest said:

Really?!

The HAMAS charter, and they are supported generously by Iran, does not refer to Zionists. It explicitly states that it's quarrel is with Jews.

The same Hamas which israel released funds to?

They're problem is with israel.

Likewise, rest of the world are against israel/Zionism/genocide. No problem with Jews, they are normal hard working people like everyone else.