House Price Crash Forum

Are Britain's planned 15-minute cities effectively 15-minute control grids?

HOLA441
30 minutes ago, Arpeggio said:

⬇️Now that you feel I have satisfactorily answered your question, for the 4th time, would you please answer the question....

I learnt a long time ago that there's people with whom it's constructive to discuss things, and others with whom it's not.

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
6 minutes ago, Smith said:

I learnt a long time ago that there's people with whom it's constructive to discuss things, and others with whom it's not.

I will squeeze your hot air from another point then.

2 hours ago, Smith said:

It's not so much people who aren't "on board with the idea" as those making up far-fetched nonsense about it.

Instead of "Examples please", if possible, another excuse for not answering "Examples please" please.

Edited by Arpeggio

HOLA443
5 minutes ago, Arpeggio said:

I will squeeze your hot air from another point then.

Instead of "Examples please", if possible, another excuse for not answering "Examples please" please.

Sigh. OK, since it's Friday night I'll play your game. Another example is the absurd notion that this is about preventing people leaving their local area.

HOLA444
12 minutes ago, Smith said:

"Being linked" by whom?

A strange question🤔 By definition if you have permits someone somehow has to record their allowance usage. For the permits to mean anything there will have to be 'discouragement' to ensure people don't exceed their allocation.

Also do you think these zones are going to provide the idealized world of everything people want within 15mins? Or simply, be a cash cow?

HOLA445
2 minutes ago, nightowl said:

Also do you think these zones are going to provide the idealized world of everything people want within 15mins? Or simply, be a cash cow?

It's certainly possible they'll become a cash cow for the council, like parking has. But I'd say the jury's still out on whether they'll be effective at their objectives. Seems entirely possible to me that they will. And I haven't seen any evidence for claims that this about stopping people leaving their local areas.

HOLA446
3 minutes ago, Smith said:

It's certainly possible they'll become a cash cow for the council, like parking has. But I'd say the jury's still out on whether they'll be effective at their objectives. Seems entirely possible to me that they will. And I haven't seen any evidence for claims that this about stopping people leaving their local areas.

It's not stopping them in an absolute prison way, but adopting the idea of the 15min zone ideals with restricted movement still.

This is my point about what appears to be an idyllic idea ends up being a restrictive cash cow in practice.

HOLA447
3 minutes ago, Smith said:

Sigh. OK, since it's Friday night I'll play your game. Another example is the absurd notion that this is about preventing people leaving their local area.

Well f*ck me we have a winner. You don't half waste time do you.

Anyone would know my standard on here would be to actually show an example of someone saying this on this thread, which you can do if you like.

You could even make out that simplistic view represents the critical side if you like, despite what has been said and linked to by myself, which you have approved of, and at the moment what Owl is saying.

HOLA448
34 minutes ago, nightowl said:

A strange question🤔 By definition if you have permits someone somehow has to record their allowance usage. For the permits to mean anything there will have to be 'discouragement' to ensure people don't exceed their allocation.

Reply:

29 minutes ago, Smith said:

Earlier:

2 hours ago, Smith said:

Example from your own post as I don't have the energy to scroll back through this tedious thread, in which I'm sure they'll be plenty more examples: "permit allowance".

2 hours ago, Smith said:

Do you have a link to official information about these fines for breaching your permit allowance?

Absolute time waster.

Edited by Arpeggio

HOLA449
3 hours ago, nightowl said:

Nope I'm saying they are real and not a conspiracy. The other thing is im drawing attention to how "conspiracy" and "right wing" are used to label anyone who isn't on board with the idea.

15min cities = nice place to live, rather like towns/cities were before someone thought building large remote estates with almost no local services was a good idea.

It does seem to have triggered many of our resident tfh conspiracy theorists. Not sure about the right wingers as it's not obvious why this should be a left right issue.  

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
38 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Perhaps this could be your new avatar, you have had the arse over tit one for a while now.

So that's it then yes?

.....broaching with another monotonous "tin foil hat conspiracy theorist" followed with a pathetic Mary Whitehouse Experience retort "that's you that is"

Top level 5 year old stuff. Wow.

Edited by Arpeggio

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
11 hours ago, Smith said:

It's not so much people who aren't "on board with the idea" as those making up far-fetched nonsense about it.

I had a discussion on Arpeggio on another thread. I had suggested about a year ago that if he were worried about vaccines, he should be concerned with the quality in the manufacutring facilities rather than the platform technology. This was ignored, until published in the Daily Skeptic, a niche National Enquirer

https://dailysceptic.org/2023/06/28/pfizer-vaccine-batches-in-the-eu-were-placebos-say-scientists/

This tells you the sort of place they are getting their info.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
1 hour ago, Bob8 said:

I had a discussion on Arpeggio on another thread. I had suggested about a year ago that if he were worried about vaccines, he should be concerned with the quality in the manufacutring facilities rather than the platform technology. This was ignored, until published in the Daily Skeptic, a niche National Enquirer

https://dailysceptic.org/2023/06/28/pfizer-vaccine-batches-in-the-eu-were-placebos-say-scientists/

This tells you the sort of place they are getting their info.

The comment section of this Daily Sceptic article shows the mental gymnastics that conspiracy minded people have to go through in order to turn everything into a conspiracy. One commenter concludes that the placebo batch must have been intended for those pushing vaccines, to keep themselves safe. No evidence whatsoever for this, just that it must be this because they don't believe in cock ups. Amazing logic.

HOLA4418
10 minutes ago, Smith said:

The comment section of this Daily Sceptic article shows the mental gymnastics that conspiracy minded people have to go through in order to turn everything into a conspiracy. One commenter concludes that the placebo batch must have been intended for those pushing vaccines, to keep themselves safe. No evidence whatsoever for this, just that it must be this because they don't believe in cock ups. Amazing logic.

They are not interested in actual malpractise either.

I have been to vaccine sites and done audits, it is often very poor quality. None of the conspiracy people on here are the least bit interested in that, as it is not "secret knowledge".

HOLA4419
7 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

They are not interested in actual malpractise either.

I have been to vaccine sites and done audits, it is often very poor quality. None of the conspiracy people on here are the least bit interested in that, as it is not "secret knowledge".

Because things that everyone else knows about don't help to demonstrate how unique and special they are:

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C5&q=conspiracy+need+for+uniqueness+&btnG=#d=gs_qabs&t=1688195242881&u=%23p%3DWLN0un2Z9OYJ

Edited by Smith

HOLA4420
20 minutes ago, Smith said:

Because things that everyone else knows about don't help to demonstrate how unique and special they are:

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C5&q=conspiracy+need+for+uniqueness+&btnG=#d=gs_qabs&t=1688195242881&u=%23p%3DWLN0un2Z9OYJ

Yes, I read that before and I think you must have suggested it to me :)

We are going very close to the edge here, skirting a ban.

HOLA4421
2 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

Yes, I read that before and I think you must have suggested it to me :)

We are going very close to the edge here, skirting a ban.

I didn't! But I'm glad you found it too. I've certainly mentioned the "need for uniqueness" concept on here before.

Bringing us back on topic... this little foray into conspiracy thinking was just to show how people discussing the original topic of 15 minute cities have deceived themselves. ☺️

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
Just now, stuckmojo said:

The leash is about to tighten. 

They'll get you via convenience a d then you'll have no choice and will be blackmailed 

People walk around with location devices in their pockets. People accepted their cities being built and green spaces destroyed for the good of the car industry.

Why do you think there would have to be a sinister conspiracy?

HOLA4424
36 minutes ago, Smith said:

I didn't! But I'm glad you found it too. I've certainly mentioned the "need for uniqueness" concept on here before.

Bringing us back on topic... this little foray into conspiracy thinking was just to show how people discussing the original topic of 15 minute cities have deceived themselves. ☺️

But the 'uniqueness' is some people look wider than the narrow limited story the msm present and end up on places like here.

Don't forget the whole premise of HPC is noting a group of organisations with limited accountability have allowed property prices to spiral out of control.  Is that a conspiracy site definition of which you're an active member?

If you wanted to know why house prices are so high would you amalgamate views in here or solely rely on the BBC say as many 'un-unique' people do?

HOLA4425
22 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

People walk around with location devices in their pockets. People accepted their cities being built and green spaces destroyed for the good of the car industry.

Why do you think there would have to be a sinister conspiracy?

You're missing the point. Not interested in arguing with someone who goes straight to conspiracy