• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
1 hour ago, Staffsknot said:

NatWest is a business they have no legal duty to offer him a bank account same as all others.

They regularly take awauly people's cards, accounts, etc... and do not have to explain.

There problem has been explaining and playing his game.

By letting him dictate they lose.

Eddie Mahr, James O'Brien, Bercow, even Andrew Marr managed to destroy him by not playing his game and letting him get away with playing his narrative.

He will milk this for all its worth as he wants to force Coutts to give him a special person account not an ordinary person account.

Remove him as a customer, the idiot brigade will take offence at NatWest anyway. Because they've maligned their dear 'man of the people'.

Continuing with him represents a bigger risk to the company financially and reputationally and he ain't bringng in revenue

I always found that word to be a bit weird in the context outside some kind of ballistic/demolition context X destroyed Y

he is not destroyed he is alive on has a TV show.

He has certainly won on this issue.

"and do not have to explain."

Indeed they do not

...... but they did, to the press, without the customers knowledge.

Its just not done in banks, hospitals, church or any other serious business or service.

I was in the gym a few weeks ago and beep up pops the BBC news notification on my phone..... Farage account closed because he did not have enough money.

Rightly or wrongly that should not have been leaked.

Hence the apologies hence the resignations hence why he is not going to worry about having the account back...... he may well be seeking financial recourse.

Edited by Fromage Frais

HOLA443
4 minutes ago, Fromage Frais said:

I always found that word to be a bit weird in the context outside some kind of ballistic/demolition context X destroyed Y

he is not destroyed he is alive on has a TV show.

He has certainly won on this issue.

"and do not have to explain."

Indeed they do not

...... but they did, to the press, without the customers knowledge.

Its just not done in banks, hospitals, church or any other serious business or service.

I was in the gym a few weeks ago and beep up pops the BBC news notification on my phone..... Farage account closed because he did not have enough money.

Rightly or wrongly that should not have been leaked.

Hence the apologies hence the resignations hence why he is not going to worry about having the account back...... he may well be seeking financial recourse.

Farage had public claimed otherwise - they had a right of reply. Coutts are entitled to rebutt his claims.

Indeed it was Farage who told the world his account had been closed. Nobody would otherwise know - he made his claims about it was for political reasons, they did and do dispute it was purely for this reason.

She did not reveal any personal details just the reason he had been flagged up for review.

She is stepping down because she herself is now part of the story and went to the BBC herself not via the relations team. No. 10 lent on NatWest about her last night.

Again this is typical of people not familiar with financial institutions wading in. They can rebutt his claims its just not the job of the CEO to quietly go to the BBC, it draws them into the story and the Gov has made her position untenable

HOLA444

A private company is caught refusing to serve a gay customer's request for cake and the Loons cheer 'freedom of speech!'

A private company is caught moaning about a Gammon's views and the same Loons now cry 'we are oppressed!'

That's the thing, if you really believe in 'Freedom' then its universal or you are a hypocrite.

HOLA445
On 24/07/2023 at 22:24, Staffsknot said:

No the story is most definitely that Sunak feels so threatened he has to react to Farage.*

The BBC is apologising for taking Coutts at their version of events. Though Coutts stand by the fact he was offered a NatWest standard account which he turned down. The reputational risk was no longer offset by the money he could bring in.

Coutts have not apologised getting rid of the human dustbin ( not Count BinFace) just the language in the memo

Farage is going on about defamation  and will no doubt get saps to try and crowdfund his court case... then claim victimhood as he'd lose any case.**

The real stories:

- Farage got Sunak worried into reacting as his batsh!t backbenchers and even cabinet members chimed in

- Farage got all the right wingers up in arms because he was being offered a pleb account instead of his self entitled posh acc, while claiming man of the people status. ***

- you don't understand what inclusive means

* Very unlikely.  More likely is that after the conservatives loose they may well find that some of their accounts get closed.

** Say your bank manager met with the BBC behind you back and said you did not have enough money/where a racist / any other derogatory thing.

Just take off the I hate Farage and my enemies enemy is my friend googles for a sec .....  

You have two issues here

Firstly if Farage did have enough money/or that was not the primary factor for closure (the internal dossier seems to contradict the BBC leak).  Then the leaked information is derogatory and leaked to the BBC of all places whom confirmed twice if the leaker was happy to give the information.

Lets then say that above leaked information was true and this was the defence.

You have the issue of a customers information leaked to the media by a senior figure.  Compensation may well be due but thats down to a judge.

To some their bank saying they dont have x money may not mean much but to others having the press say you dont have enough money etc may cause distress or change ho others see them.

*** Thats pure hyperbole I am sure you me or Farage would not have been happy if the same scenario unfolded with a Monzo account.  

HOLA446
13 minutes ago, Staffsknot said:

Farage had public claimed otherwise - they had a right of reply. Coutts are entitled to rebutt his claims.

Indeed it was Farage who told the world his account had been closed. Nobody would otherwise know - he made his claims about it was for political reasons, they did and do dispute it was purely for this reason.

She did not reveal any personal details just the reason he had been flagged up for review.

She is stepping down because she herself is now part of the story and went to the BBC herself not via the relations team. No. 10 lent on NatWest about her last night.

Again this is typical of people not familiar with financial institutions wading in. They can rebutt his claims its just not the job of the CEO to quietly go to the BBC, it draws them into the story and the Gov has made her position untenable

This is the article posted.

The manager at a bank told a reported about a customers financial status

Either the BBC lied or she lied

She has resigned.

The old "Again this is typical of people not familiar with financial institutions wading in" bunkem.

Its not done and in the rare instance of reply it would be via private correspondence to the customer or in extreme cases via litigation or at least via legal.

Your defending the indefensible

image.thumb.jpeg.0ec342d35ef3d6103419887f9b64d1e6.jpeg

image.png

Edited by Fromage Frais

HOLA447
3 minutes ago, Fromage Frais said:

* Very unlikely.  More likely is that after the conservatives loose they may well find that some of their accounts get closed.

** Say your bank manager met with the BBC behind you back and said you did not have enough money/where a racist / any other derogatory thing.

Just take off the I hate Farage and my enemies enemy is my friend googles for a sec .....  

You have two issues here

Firstly if Farage did have enough money/or that was not the primary factor for closure (the internal dossier seems to contradict the BBC leak).  Then the leaked information is derogatory and leaked to the BBC of all places whom confirmed twice if the leaker was happy to give the information.

Lets then say that above leaked information was true and this was the defence.

You have the issue of a customers information leaked to the media by a senior figure.  Compensation may well be due but thats down to a judge.

To some their bank saying they dont have x money may not mean much but to others having the press say you dont have enough money etc may cause distress or change ho others see them.

*** Thats pure hyperbole I am sure you me or Farage would not have been happy if the same scenario unfolded with a Monzo account.  

He was offered another account within the group so this tells me you don't understand the situation. He was not being left without an account he's annoyed his plush account went.

You seem to be the one engaged in the hyperbole judging by the rest of the post. Its a private institution they can close your account for any reason they want, nobody seemed to care until Farage was asked to move to an ordinary account.

Take off your specs and see how a private business does not have to provide you service under any circumstances, you have no entitlement to an account - under the EU he hates you do but that's legislation our Gov never wanted nor did Farage until now.

Again he was not left without an account he just would have had a seemless switch to NatWest instead. But he's managed to convince you he's been 'cancelled'

HOLA448
16 minutes ago, msi said:

A private company is caught refusing to serve a gay customer's request for cake and the Loons cheer 'freedom of speech!'

A private company is caught moaning about a Gammon's views and the same Loons now cry 'we are oppressed!'

That's the thing, if you really believe in 'Freedom' then its universal or you are a hypocrite.

not the same.

If the bank had said not thanks Mr Farage we do not want you as a new customer then its the same.

A more comparable is that the gay customers where privately gay did not want anyone to know used a bakery that has rules about confidentially and then the owner of the bakery goes to the BBC and tells them the customers are gay.

Edited by Fromage Frais

HOLA449
16 minutes ago, msi said:

So, are you saying that Coutts is right not to serve Farage, and bakeries are right not to sell cakes to gay people? 

My view is that you shouldn't outlaw any customer for his / her / their personal beliefs. 

HOLA4410
2 minutes ago, Fromage Frais said:

not the same.

If the bank had said not thanks Mr Farage we do not want you as a new customer then its the same.

A more comparable is that the gay customers where privately gay did not want anyone to know used a bakery that has rules about confidentially and then the owner of the bakery goes to the BBC and tells them the customers are gay.

IIRC the gay couple first said 'we want a cake' and the bakery said 'fine', only to refuse when the cake was for 2 guys.  They then went to press to 'defend' their belief.

Not the same as leaking to the BBC, i agree, but close enough for comparison and to highlight the hypocrisy of the 'freedom' lovers here.

HOLA4411
Just now, Ballyk said:

So, are you saying that Coutts is right not to serve Farage, and bakeries are right not to sell cakes to gay people? 

My view is that you shouldn't outlaw any customer for his / her / their personal beliefs. 

Either Human rights are universal or you admit there is a 'right' viewpoint and others are 'wrong'.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
1 minute ago, msi said:

Read my statement again and ask all the loons here and on the bakery thread...

Actually, I think we are in agreement.  Commercial organisations should not discriminate against customers on the basis of their personal beliefs.

HOLA4416
1 minute ago, Fromage Frais said:

This is the article posted.

The manager at a bank told a reported about a customers financial status

Either the BBC lied or she lied

She has resigned.

The old "Again this is typical of people not familiar with financial institutions wading in" bunkem.

Its not done and in the rare instance of reply it would be via private correspondence to the customer or in extreme cases via litigation or at least via legal.

Your defending the indefensible

image.thumb.jpeg.0ec342d35ef3d6103419887f9b64d1e6.jpeg

image.png

No I am not

Detailing that his wealth fell below a threshold is not divulging financial status that must remain private as it has a £3m or £1m threshold that was not elaborated on in response to direct question. She has said she should have ignored the question but had not divulged personal financial information. Again you are accepting the narrative he wants not fact.

If they had shown copies of his financial records that is a different matter. They are explaining a corporate decision.

Farage made it a publicity campaign and divulged private Coutts memos selectively. You can't claim everything must be done in private corespondance when he is fighting it in the media

You are again accepting the Farage version of events that he has been left without an account - he has one if he just accepts he won't have special Coutts account.

HOLA4417
42 minutes ago, msi said:

This really is crazier than that

- the bakery is offering them a cake in its sister shop with the same offerings, it will just be round the corner.

What next complaining to Fortnums because you don't meet the wealth threshold to buy their champers hamper

What is more Farage is disputing the banks motivation not that he fell below eligibility criteria because as he admits he damn well did many times. So he is bang to rights not entitled to the account

Edited by Staffsknot

HOLA4418
12 minutes ago, Staffsknot said:

This really is crazier than that

- the bakery is offering them a cake in its sister shop with the same offerings, it will just be round the corner.

What next complaining to Fortnums because you don't meet the wealth threshold to buy their champers hamper

What is more Farage is disputing the banks motivation not that he fell below eligibility criteria because as he admits he damn well did many times. So he is bang to rights not entitled to the account

Facts don't help when you want moral outrage....by the same folk that then complain about 'woke' outrage.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
23 minutes ago, Ballyk said:

Actually, I think we are in agreement.  Commercial organisations should not discriminate against customers on the basis of their personal beliefs.

Consistency ;)

@Staffsknot has the facts for you

Edited by msi
keyboard

HOLA4421

The system is all about power and control, it always has been. But now it's being ramped it up to another level.

There are those that believe that if they have unlimited access to everyone's true feelings then they can create a perfect world. No more surprises like Trump or BRIXIT, nobody saying one thing and doing another. No more secrets.

Imagine if a medieval society had discovered a mind reading machine with access given only to the priests. The priests would get very rich passing on information. But any information passed on need only be used to increase the power and influence of the priests themselves. They would know every mind from the highest ruler to the lowest peasant. The King would pay to keep his phantom throne, and the peasants would never be able to rise up no matter how much the King exploited them. The power would always be in the hands of the keepers of the truth. This world may seem ordered and controlled, but chaos would reign inside people's minds. All ideas and feeling that challenged the power of the priests would be regarded as heresy and swiftly punished.

In our current digital world Governments and corporations all appear to want to control their flock by gathering information. Governments say they want to save the children and businesses say they want to sell more product.

The truth is they all want access to everything you think or do so they can control and manipulate you. Laws are being passed and corporate guidelines are being drawn up right now.

WOKE will not go away, it will only get worse.

Edited by Lord D'arcy Pew

HOLA4422
26 minutes ago, msi said:

Facts don't help when you want moral outrage....by the same folk that then complain about 'woke' outrage.

I have already said the same types cheered when Starmer was booted out of a pub by the landlord while campaigning because he didn't want Labour people there.

Its amazing how the blinkers go on and also how fact is ignored when it suits.

Oh and Nige wanted to abolish the Equality At

Edited by Staffsknot

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
6 minutes ago, Staffsknot said:

I have already said the same types cheered when Starmer was booted out of a pub by the landlord while campaigning because he didn't want Labour people there.

Its amazing how the blinkers go on and also how fact is ignored when it suits.

Oh and Nige wanted to abolish the Equality At

The hypocrisy and the blatant blindness tells me all about the usual posters here.

Oh and don't forget Nige wants to cry that his rights under GDPR were broken.

That's the European GDPR.....oh the irony

HOLA4425
2 minutes ago, msi said:

The hypocrisy and the blatant blindness tells me all about the usual posters here.

Oh and don't forget Nige wants to cry that his rights under GDPR were broken.

That's the European GDPR.....oh the irony

The Coutts scandal is not about Farage as such, there is a much bigger picture here, it wouldn't matter if it was Corbyn, Rayner or Abbott who had been denied banking, it is wrong, I don't like Farage, can't stand the bloke but the issue affects everyone. I am glad the idiot in charge of the bank has gone.