House Price Crash Forum

Telegraph: Is it 2008 again?

fellow

HOLA441

Is it 2008 again? Here’s how far house prices will fall

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/house-prices/2008-house-prices-have-fallen-rate-financial-crisis/

House prices are falling at exactly the same rate as they did during the financial crisis, new figures have shown.

The numbers, provided by The Telegraph’s new house price tracker, raise the question of whether falls will continue on the same trajectory, falling by as much as 20pc as in 2008, or whether recent drops will level off. 

Analysis of the lenders' figures shows that in the five months since prices started dropping in August 2022, property values have fallen 5.7pc – a £16,111 drop.

In the first five months of the financial crisis when prices started to fall in the autumn of 2007, house prices fell the exact same amount in percentage terms, as the chart shows.

House prices then went on to fall by as much as 20pc in 2008. 

If today’s prices were to follow the same pattern, the value of the average home would fall from £284,000 to about £227,000 – a drop of nearly £60,000 peak-to-trough

HOLA442
HOLA443

I've been a member of this forum for ages (mods delete me accordingly) but seriousl). More than 10.years.

Rupert Murdoch doesn't give two shits about you. He will happily watch you inflict pain and misery into decent human beings because he told you they are subhuman.

Edited by sPinwheel

HOLA444
3 minutes ago, sPinwheel said:

I've been a member of this forum for ages (mods delete me accordingly) but seriousl). More than 10.years.

Rupert Murdoch doesn't give two shits about you. He will happily watch you inflict pain and misery into decent human beings because he told you they are subhuman.

I'm not surprised the mods delete you occasionally. You have been trolling every thread with utter nonsense all day.

HOLA445
4 hours ago, sPinwheel said:

What does Murdoch have to do with this ?  It's the Telegraph we're talking about.

HOLA446
5 hours ago, fellow said:

Is it 2008 again? Here’s how far house prices will fall

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/house-prices/2008-house-prices-have-fallen-rate-financial-crisis/

House prices are falling at exactly the same rate as they did during the financial crisis, new figures have shown.

The numbers, provided by The Telegraph’s new house price tracker, raise the question of whether falls will continue on the same trajectory, falling by as much as 20pc as in 2008, or whether recent drops will level off. 

Analysis of the lenders' figures shows that in the five months since prices started dropping in August 2022, property values have fallen 5.7pc – a £16,111 drop.

In the first five months of the financial crisis when prices started to fall in the autumn of 2007, house prices fell the exact same amount in percentage terms, as the chart shows.

House prices then went on to fall by as much as 20pc in 2008. 

If today’s prices were to follow the same pattern, the value of the average home would fall from £284,000 to about £227,000 – a drop of nearly £60,000 peak-to-trough

In nominal terms, I would not be surprised.

In real terms, it may be much worse.

HOLA447
HOLA448
10 hours ago, fellow said:

I'm not surprised the mods delete you occasionally. You have been trolling every thread with utter nonsense all day.

Thank you. He pops up occasionally and spouts utter ******** on loads of threads. Typical of how far this board has sunk, unfortunately.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Only have to look on RM or Zoopla or any of the other agents offering of property for 'sale' to see owners are in denial about what they think their property is 'worth'........stuff been on there for months, stale and effectively not for sale.

Acceptance will come, if want a sale will have to be prepared to accept a lot less.......;)