House Price Crash Forum

.....................has anyone nipped over to Mumsnet, to see what they think?

HOLA441
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
On 28/04/2024 at 15:42, Adrian Mole said:

What happened to Crashytime on Mumsnet ? I guess he got banned @dances with sheeple?  

Made the mistake of getting drawn into a toxic masculinity debate involving a lot of toxic femininity, they would have let the CrashyTime persona rumble on for evermore as long as it stuck to property prices and didn`t directly insult anyone (saying house prices need to crash on Mumsnet is like spitting in their collective face and saying that their children are ugly but the mods don`t seem to care about that, they do seem to care about certain opinions which they read as "talking down" to women (i.e stating a strong contrary opinion on certain very emotive subjects)

Edited by dances with sheeple

HOLA445
On 28/04/2024 at 16:15, PeanutButter said:

You get reported multiple times and they’ll perma ban. Very reactive.

Got to remember that mumsnet has had activists trying hard to shut it down for years because it allows discussion of feminist issues.

The original feminists would be ashamed of some of the rubbish that is posted on Mumsnet under the guise of "feminism". 

HOLA446
15 hours ago, dances with sheeple said:

Made the mistake of getting drawn into a toxic masculinity debate involving a lot of toxic femininity, they would have let the CrashyTime persona rumble on for evermore as long as it stuck to property prices and didn`t directly insult anyone (saying house prices need to crash on Mumsnet is like spitting in their collective face and saying that their children are ugly but the mods don`t seem to care about that, they do seem to care about certain opinions which they read as "talking down" to women (i.e stating a strong contrary opinion on certain very emotive subjects)

It's not the same without you Crashy 😉

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
17 hours ago, dances with sheeple said:

The original feminists would be ashamed of some of the rubbish that is posted on Mumsnet under the guise of "feminism". 

They're rather vicious, yes. Even the worst replies on here only register as a 4/10 on mums net. 

HOLA4411
13 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

They're rather vicious, yes. Even the worst replies on here only register as a 4/10 on mums net. 

Is it general man hating?

HOLA4412
7 minutes ago, Si1 said:

It's...complex. https://www.degruyter.com/document/doi/10.1515/ger-2019-0119/html?lang=en

But basically, when stripped of identifying information (ie allowed to make pretty much whatever statement they want, within reason) and within the confines of a site that marks itself out as for mums (read this as 'safe' and 'for the in-group'), I would say that they tend to vigorously reinforce the prevailing group sentiments and react badly to any suggestion that those ideas may be flawed. 

Edited by PeanutButter

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Just now, DownwardSlopingPlateau said:

Yes. Unless it's DH or DS.

I'm afraid DH doesn't get a free pass. LTB (leave the b*tard) is a common refrain. Nevertheless, these sorts of online spaces are very valuable and I certainly hope that the people trying to get them shut down (for wrongthink) are repeatedly foiled. 

HOLA4416

Can honestly say I see more hate against women on this site than man hating on Mumsnet.

You don't see many women making casual sexist comments over there & I would say the popular suggestion to LTB on the Relationship forum is usually very well deserved.   

HOLA4417
18 hours ago, dances with sheeple said:

There was a hilarious Reunion on R4.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000ml9z

From memory - and Im pretty sure its this prog - the high status feminists were being total unts to the  junior staff.

There was a confrontation were the high profile ones were totally unaware how big a unt they were all the time.

bet if theyd pushed it the junior staff would prefer the odfd bit of 7-s Carry On Wolf whistle n Phwoars!  compared to the monthly grind of passive aggression and psychological torture.

I ntheory - feminism, women helping wimmin, ought to work.

I nrelaity youd need some blokes to stop them killing each other.

Unlike the rest of the mammal world where you need to separate males, with humans you need to split up women, at least when cliques start to develop.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
2 hours ago, Si1 said:

For balance, there are a few women on Mumsnet who are highly financially literate and lay into the debt junkie parasite wimmin mercilessly & with massive comtempt.

HOLA4420
4 minutes ago, hotblack42 said:

For balance, there are a few women on Mumsnet who are highly financially literate and lay into the debt junkie parasite wimmin mercilessly & with massive comtempt.

To be henst, I dont find theres a huge difference between the sexes in terms of financial/housing magical thinking.

Financial idiots of both sexes tend to waste money in different ways.

Put it this way, Ive yet tome come across a a woman whos lost several 10s of k gambling/bookies.

The only differnce tends to be after the fact.

I know plenty of 35+ wimmin who, after p1ssing a house worth of money on trips/cars/holidays/eating out who expect/assuem theres a white knight - sort of billionaire Dr, SAS, Airyplane pilot wholl bale them out and settle down.

Where as the male equivalent seem to be resigned to living in a HMO flophouse and drudgery in abject poverty for the rest of their life.

HOLA4421
Just now, spyguy said:

To be henst, I dont find theres a huge difference between the sexes in terms of financial/housing magical thinking.

Financial idiots of both sexes tend to waste money in different ways.

Put it this way, Ive yet tome come across a a woman whos lost several 10s of k gambling/bookies.

I have! My mother in law "invested" 10k in a black market gambling cartel via a family member's dodgy boyfriend. Lost the lot.

Just now, spyguy said:

The only differnce tends to be after the fact.

I know plenty of 35+ wimmin who, after p1ssing a house worth of money on trips/cars/holidays/eating out who expect/assuem theres a white knight - sort of billionaire Dr, SAS, Airyplane pilot wholl bale them out and settle down.

Where as the male equivalent seem to be resigned to living in a HMO flophouse and drudgery in abject poverty for the rest of their life.

The latter tho has sky sports and bottled lager in the fridge?

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
25 minutes ago, Adrian Mole said:

See what I mean about more hate against women on this site than man hating on Mumsnet?

And people editing your posts with all the perils that entails..🙄

I'll try once more - 1. its is vanishingly unlikely that all the financially astute posts on Mumsnet are men pretending to be women. 2. There are plenty of shrewd women about but they get drowned out by the noisy women with arrested development who cause constant chaos.

That's it.  I'm done with this thread.  Anyone who wants to mangle my words or rage at them, good luck to you, I won't be back to see.

HOLA4425
34 minutes ago, hotblack42 said:

And people editing your posts with all the perils that entails..🙄

I'll try once more - 1. its is vanishingly unlikely that all the financially astute posts on Mumsnet are men pretending to be women. 2. There are plenty of shrewd women about but they get drowned out by the noisy women with arrested development who cause constant chaos.

That's it.  I'm done with this thread.  Anyone who wants to mangle my words or rage at them, good luck to you, I won't be back to see.

In my time as a school guvnor, where I did interact parents a lot, I did meet a number of competent, efficient, useful Mums.

However ... they were drowned out by a large minority if rabid loud mouth loons.

I used to organise two meetings - one for the idiots to spout cr.p.  And one for parents who'd be useful.

This was in those long ago, simple times of 2010ish, before the school gates harpees WhatsApp group.