House Price Crash Forum

Will Russia invade Ukraine and what happens if it escalates with NATO/US getting involved

coypondboy

HOLA441
  • Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Staffsknot

• Si1

• rollover

• pig

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
3 minutes ago, Lucky Larry said:

I don't listen to the Kremlin line ,I have no idea what he says I look at evidence and listen to my common sense.

So you only liste to western sources? What western sources are claiming it was the USA who dunit?

Do you really think Putin would destroy his own infrastructure , destroy his bargaining chip and potentially escalate this war from a regional war with a non NATO neighbour to all out war with NATO just to rally public opinion at home ? 

Yep - he wants to put pressure on the price of gas. That is what happened. He wants to west to lose resolve...that is what you and your ilk are helping him do.

There is nothing in this for Putin , the pros massively outweighed by the cons . Doubling down on your stupidity just makes you look twice as stupid as you did yesterday and that was very stupid

Sure there's loads riding on this for Putin. His neck to start with. You just see one side and ignore all other perspectives.

My opinion is that Putin did this and I have my reasons. Don't care if loads of DM readers think otherwise. Or Trump who says the USA did it...he's in Putin's pocket anyway.

When new significant evidence emerges that I may change my mind.

You seem to swallow any old guff so long as it's anti-west. In fact 99% of all your posts are ant-west. So why should anyone believe you or your claim of impartiallity and balance. Trott on fella.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
20 minutes ago, Grayphil said:

It's impossible to say right now who did it, however the Pro Putin crowd are desperate to have already come to the conclusion that is was the US.

They are trying to make it sound like a fact already.

But its interesting they arent condemning the Russians shelling a humanitarian corridor, or noticing that Russians are again taking a pasting, just salivating that maybe by 3pm today Putin will whip the tactical nukes out.

Which will be justified in their minds cos "America blew up the pipeline"

You don't have to, it's simple deduction. You don't have to wait for the truth to be spelled out to you by the Guardian so everything can fit into in your narrow tunnel vision. 

The only main pipelines if any the Russians would hypothetically take out that would make strategic sense to them are those that go through the Ukraine. 

One of the whole reasons they built the Nordstream ones was to cut out the Ukraine. That would ultimately force Europe's hand to use them as they'd be no other alternative. 

It's a deluded bogus concept the Ruskies would leave those alone yet they'd take out their main bargaining chip on the table. 

Gazprom by the way have already stated they'll repair them, why would they bother repairing a pipeline they just blew up?

HOLA447
7 minutes ago, IMHAL said:

You seem to swallow any old guff so long as it's anti-west

Your pals on here were claiming they actually found WMDs in Iraq before they invaded , not a single mention in any media that that happened , when it comes to guff on here there are plenty of candidates for that title before me 

HOLA448
13 minutes ago, Lucky Larry said:

When you label the Daily Mail as pro Putin to try and win an arguement you've completely lost the plot

They are literally the Tory Party Fanzine

Just because someone commented in a comment section, and other people agreed, it doesn't make it right or true.

If you had quite a religious comments  section and wrote something about the particular deity that was quite popular, you would get a lot of supporting traction.

It just means that people are capable of believing all kinds of nonsense.

But shouting the "Americans wat dunnit" is no more proof of it being true, than someone shouting "Allah Achbar" as a proof of his god existing.

HOLA449
4 minutes ago, Lucky Larry said:

He's risking WW3 just for higher gas prices 😂 you really should read your own posts

You are not very clever are you. Putin risked WW3 by invading the Ukraine. In fact it may still come to that. He is committed and desperate for western resolve to dissolve...high gas prices make people ask if defeating Putin is worth it. That is his objective. Only a feble minded person can't see that :)

HOLA4410
Just now, Grayphil said:

Just because someone commented in a comment section, and other people agreed, it doesn't make it right or true.

If you had quite a religious comments  section and wrote something about the particular deity that was quite popular, you would get a lot of supporting traction.

It just means that people are capable of believing all kinds of nonsense.

But shouting the "Americans wat dunnit" is no more proof of it being true, than someone shouting "Allah Achbar" as a proof of his god existing.

Its a poll amongst mainly right wing British readers and they overwhelmingly don't buy this rhetoric , neuther do I or others on here. As the saying goes "it's easier to fool someone than to get them to admit they've been fooled" 

HOLA4411

Your pals on here were claiming they actually found WMDs in Iraq before they invaded , not a single mention in any media that that happened , when it comes to guff on here there are plenty of candidates for that title before me 

Remember Bin Laden's Batman cave in Afghanistan...shudder the mere thought our own western leaders lie fragrantly to us to justify wars

HOLA4412
1 minute ago, IMHAL said:

You are not very clever are you. Putin risked WW3 by invading the Ukraine. In fact it may still come to that. He is committed and desperate for western resolve to dissolve...high gas prices make people ask if defeating Putin is worth it. That is his objective. Only a feble minded person can't see that :)

No he didn't , Ukraine is not a NATO country so the risk was minimal and the majority of NATO countries don't want it escalating 

HOLA4413
3 minutes ago, Casual-observer said:

You don't have to, it's simple deduction. You don't have to wait for the truth to be spelled out to you by the Guardian so everything can fit into in your narrow tunnel vision. 

The only main pipelines if any the Russians would hypothetically take out that would make strategic sense to them are those that go through the Ukraine. 

One of the whole reasons they built the Nordstream ones was to cut out the Ukraine. That would ultimately force Europe's hand to use them as they'd be no other alternative. 

It's a deluded bogus concept the Ruskies would leave those alone yet they'd take out their main bargaining chip on the table. 

Gazprom by the way have already stated they'll repair them, why would they bother repairing a pipeline they just blew up?

My tunnel vision comes from actually living on the Russian border for a while.

It comes from actualy visiting Ukraine many times over the last 20 years

It comes from the stories of my colleagues who have had their apartments destroyed by an illegal invasion of their motherlands.

It comes from the fear of my son having to do compulsory military service now when he is of age.

I have heard first hand the stories of atrocities carried out by Putin. It's not some fantasy internet land that you inhabit, it's real life. 

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
4 minutes ago, Lucky Larry said:

You never miss an opportunity to bring up how eveil the West is? Your contribution alone probably over shadows the whole of all the rest of the forum memebers on this thread who have related historical atrocities committed by Russia...probably many fold more.

That is not balance...that is sowing discord and is unbalanced. You are a fruitcake. 

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
2 minutes ago, Lucky Larry said:

Its a poll amongst mainly right wing British readers and they overwhelmingly don't buy this rhetoric , neuther do I or others on here. As the saying goes "it's easier to fool someone than to get them to admit they've been fooled" 

Yet, as I've posted in other posts over the years, I haven't taken my information from a couple of dodgy You tube documentaries, my experience and knowledge of Ukriane and the situation came from my first visit in 2006, and a few times every year up until 2014.. talking to the many Ukranians over the years, and seeing first hand what is happening.

Not to mention living on the Russian border for over a decade, and hearing all the stories about the things that used to happen in Russia, leaves me in no doubt whatsoever what happened, as in Putin invaded illegally.

I still don't know about the pipeline, but to say putin would never do something like this, is just ignoring history and sticking one's head in the sand

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
3 minutes ago, Grayphil said:

My tunnel vision comes from actually living on the Russian border for a while.

It comes from actualy visiting Ukraine many times over the last 20 years

It comes from the stories of my colleagues who have had their apartments destroyed by an illegal invasion of their motherlands.

It comes from the fear of my son having to do compulsory military service now when he is of age.

I have heard first hand the stories of atrocities carried out by Putin. It's not some fantasy internet land that you inhabit, it's real life. 

So basically the truth is revealed, you don't personally like Russia and will overlook any unhinged actions by the west to justify that hatred. 

If that's your position then just say so but don't expect to swallow this insane propaganda that Russia inexplicably decided to blow up it's own infrastructure. 

It also shows why it's a bad idea to get involved in East European politics, it's an utter clusterf**k

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
1 minute ago, Grayphil said:

I still don't know about the pipeline, but to say putin would never do something like this, is just ignoring history and sticking one's head in the sand

I didn't say he wouldn't I said it made no sense to do so , it makes more sense that Biden did especially as he claimed he would.

HOLA4424
39 minutes ago, Grayphil said:

It's impossible to say right now who did it, however the Pro Putin crowd are desperate to have already come to the conclusion that is was the US.

They are trying to make it sound like a fact already.

To be fair, isn't the "it was Putin" crowd also doing the same? They went from 99% certainty to 100% certainty... in one day.

But at least it's ok to now talk about self-inflicted false flags. Took us 21 years, but we're getting there ;)

HOLA4425
1 minute ago, IMHAL said:

Can't remember you bringing up all this ant-west stuff before? Did you have to wait till now to have a problem with all the atrocities committed by the West? Did they not exist before? 

This is a forum on housing , the topic before this one didn't exist , I have been extremely vocal on western crimes for many years particularly on 9/11 and its aftermath elsewhere