House Price Crash Forum

Will Russia invade Ukraine and what happens if it escalates with NATO/US getting involved

coypondboy

HOLA441

The talking heads reckon that Kyiev will be receiving just enough aid from the USA, to enable them to carry on for a year or more. My opinion is that recruitment will be their biggest problem.

This lost cause has caused enough death, time to negotiate is now..._

• Replies 41.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Staffsknot

• Si1

• rollover

• pig

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
18 minutes ago, Flat Bear said:

I suppose we may get some clues on May 9th in Red Square, Putin will want to show off his latest weaponry and the might of Russia. Will be interesting to see what is on show. Latest tank? Latest fighter jet?

They will unveil their new Nazi uniforms and Nazi armbands probably with the Zwastika 

Edited by yelims

HOLA443
26 minutes ago, Flat Bear said:

I suppose we may get some clues on May 9th in Red Square, Putin will want to show off his latest weaponry and the might of Russia. Will be interesting to see what is on show. Latest tank? Latest fighter jet?

I would think he will show captured Western-made weapons ...

Russian marines had captured Western-made weapons, including Swedish grenade launchers, American anti-tank Javelins, and NATO electronic warfare systems.

https://www.kyivpost.com/post/31591

HOLA444
12 minutes ago, DiggerUK said:

The talking heads reckon that Kyiev will be receiving just enough aid from the USA, to enable them to carry on for a year or more. My opinion is that recruitment will be their biggest problem.

This lost cause has caused enough death, time to negotiate is now..._

Yes

Maybe Russia will be trying to "negotiate" now they realize it is a lost cause but who will want to "negotiate" with them? What will Russia have to negotiate with? "We will get out of Ukraine and you can have Crimea back, sorry about that" Do they think that Ukraine will accept this? We have gone way past this and is why Russia can not negotiate out of this situation.

The US may be the only people that will a least listen to them.

HOLA445
Just now, Flat Bear said:

Yes

Maybe Russia will be trying to "negotiate" now they realize it is a lost cause but who will want to "negotiate" with them? What will Russia have to negotiate with? "We will get out of Ukraine and you can have Crimea back, sorry about that" Do they think that Ukraine will accept this? We have gone way past this and is why Russia can not negotiate out of this situation.

The US may be the only people that will a least listen to them.

A better question is what will guarantee Ukraine when Putin and Russia goes back on their agreement like they done on all other agreements they signed before

Their word is worthless because they are criminals 

HOLA446
6 minutes ago, bumble bee said:

I would think he will show captured Western-made weapons ...

Russian marines had captured Western-made weapons, including Swedish grenade launchers, American anti-tank Javelins, and NATO electronic warfare systems.

https://www.kyivpost.com/post/31591

I realize you are in the know but this will come across as counter productive. Showing off your opponents weapons is not helping the Russian narrative obviously. "We managed to get hold of a few of these really advanced brilliant military hardware, we are really clever arn't we"

If it was the other way round the Ukrainians could show all the antiques roadshow weaponry the Russians have and are donating. It would be more interesting looking back on the history and how weaponry had advanced so much since their manufacture and this would be a positive for Ukraine as Russian military becomes a laughing stock.

Sometimes it seems you are anti-Putin as you are taking the p#ss out of the Russian military here. Actually it is quite funny, well done. You are very clever or very dumb.

HOLA447
12 minutes ago, yelims said:

A better question is what will guarantee Ukraine when Putin and Russia goes back on their agreement like they done on all other agreements they signed before

Their word is worthless because they are criminals 

Well yes. There is no way Ukraine will "negotiate" with Russia without some eye watering concessions and guarantees and Putin knows it. Russia cant go forward and it cant go back and it can stay where it is, what can it do?

HOLA448
22 minutes ago, Flat Bear said:

Well yes. There is no way Ukraine will "negotiate" with Russia without some eye watering concessions and guarantees and Putin knows it. Russia cant go forward and it cant go back and it can stay where it is, what can it do?

Win😁😁

I've had a hard long day at work and need cheering up. Thankfully you've posted some prize drivel recently so thanks - you really have cheered me up😁

HOLA449
13 minutes ago, Fishfinger said:

Win😁😁

I've had a hard long day at work and need cheering up. Thankfully you've posted some prize drivel recently so thanks - you really have cheered me up😁

Win😁😁

Yes that is his ONLY option and he is doing everything to achieve it.

BUT, he simply can not win. He does not even know what win is any more.

What is a win for Putin's Russia?

What IF by some sudden turn of fortune Putin manages to take over 100% of Ukraine 10% of Poland and at least some of the other ex soviet countries bordering Russia and nobody complains and cheers the new regime. What if all the internal strife in Russia itself suddenly disappears and the US and all the other countries in the west drop all sanctions and give Russia a fantastic trade deal and Putin goes on I'm a celebrity get me out of here and wins easily, What if..........pigs fly. 

HOLA4410
53 minutes ago, Fishfinger said:

Win😁😁

Win what?

gif

HOLA4411
29 minutes ago, Flat Bear said:

Win😁😁

Yes that is his ONLY option and he is doing everything to achieve it.

BUT, he simply can not win. He does not even know what win is any more.

What is a win for Putin's Russia?

What IF by some sudden turn of fortune Putin manages to take over 100% of Ukraine 10% of Poland and at least some of the other ex soviet countries bordering Russia and nobody complains and cheers the new regime. What if all the internal strife in Russia itself suddenly disappears and the US and all the other countries in the west drop all sanctions and give Russia a fantastic trade deal and Putin goes on I'm a celebrity get me out of here and wins easily, What if..........pigs fly. 

For Putin it's not about winning any more. It's about surviving. He's a sociopath, if he can't destroy Ukraine to survive he'll destroy Russia.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
8 hours ago, Si1 said:

For Putin it's not about winning any more. It's about surviving. He's a sociopath, if he can't destroy Ukraine to survive he'll destroy Russia.

I expect the war to drag on now without much change in 2024, this will be the year where Ukraine works on shooting down Russian aircraft, missiles and drones.  Meanwhile Ukraine will use the extra artillery to erode Russian personnel and equipment on the ground.  It’s likely Putin will have to start to clean out any voices of dissent at home.  This has already started.  

HOLA4414
20 minutes ago, satsuma said:

I expect the war to drag on now without much change in 2024, this will be the year where Ukraine works on shooting down Russian aircraft, missiles and drones.  Meanwhile Ukraine will use the extra artillery to erode Russian personnel and equipment on the ground.  It’s likely Putin will have to start to clean out any voices of dissent at home.  This has already started.  

I'm sure you know, you are wrong, are you not?

Russia is currently producing tens of thousands missiles and drones and increasing the production. And they still can ask Iran and North Korea for extra supplies if needed.

I'm sure you haven't thought it through, but it is simple maths - there is not enough patriots systems and missiles (for Ukraine) to shoot down all Russian planes and missiles. And surely you know, not every shot is success.

HOLA4415

Poland ready to help Ukraine get its military-aged men back

Poland will help Ukraine bring its military-aged men back following new changes to passport and consular service laws for Ukrainian men living abroad, Polish Defence Minister Wladyslaw Kosiniak-Kamysz said.

"I think many Poles are outraged when they see young Ukrainian men in hotels and cafes, and they hear how much effort we have to make to help Ukraine," Kosiniak-Kamysz told Polsat News.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/polish-defense-minister-poland-ready-220522369.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAACklw-9CCYzAjDQEwiYPDeIWsnmMXtJfpZVph0pFkcDB8foqwz59pKedq7yEnXZ1zXbeWUduox3sS2SD1gP0HPG3goumX9PceJXVRB6sIkFBYtv8_6DkjgbT3-Si2hDhLWF4Tg60BV761VvwCnAv3D0dPd6YAzkACTvbMDCRdHC

HOLA4416
1 hour ago, bumble bee said:

I'm sure you know, you are wrong, are you not?

Russia is currently producing tens of thousands missiles and drones and increasing the production. And they still can ask Iran and North Korea for extra supplies if needed.

I'm sure you haven't thought it through, but it is simple maths - there is not enough patriots systems and missiles (for Ukraine) to shoot down all Russian planes and missiles. And surely you know, not every shot is success.

The only thing Russia excels at producing are brainless zombie serfs who are dying in their thousands daily and still not able to inch a few miles outside their borders 

And even thicker trolls who consume too much vodka but still wake up every morning in one of the biggest shithole countries to post rubbish on the internet for the glorious benefit of a criminal gang 

HOLA4417
4 minutes ago, yelims said:

The only thing Russia excels at producing are brainless zombie serfs who are dying in their thousands daily and still not able to inch a few miles outside their borders 

And even thicker trolls who consume too much vodka but still wake up every morning in one of the biggest shithole countries to post rubbish on the internet for the glorious benefit of a criminal gang 

It looks like you are high as a kite today, and it doesn't make you any good.

HOLA4418
1 minute ago, bumble bee said:

It looks like you are high as a kite today, and it doesn't make you any good.

Get back to your mud hole serf, and repeat 10 times O hail great Putin

The smarter ones of your Nazi comrades in meantime 

IMG_4801.jpeg.432b45259c7e224aafec54aefc60bfd2.jpeg

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
45 minutes ago, yelims said:

Get back to your mud hole serf, and repeat 10 times O hail great Putin

The smarter ones of your Nazi comrades in meantime 

IMG_4801.jpeg.432b45259c7e224aafec54aefc60bfd2.jpeg

If you consider yourself to be one of the best Ukrainian troll, the country is well and truly doomed.

HOLA4421
16 minutes ago, bumble bee said:

If you consider yourself to be one of the best Ukrainian troll, the country is well and truly doomed.

I’m still laughing at this catchy song comrade, sums up everything wrong with these Russian Nazis

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

I think Lukashenko is opening a back door for Ukraine and its sponsors to escape from the quagmire they have created ...

Belarus’ Lukashenko says conditions are ripe to start Russia-Ukraine peace talks

Belarus President Alexander Lukashenko said on Thursday that there was a stalemate on the Ukrainian frontline and conditions were ripe to start peace talks.

Lukashenko said preliminary texts discussed between Russian and Ukrainian officials in Turkey in the early weeks of the war could serve as a starting point for negotiations.

https://english.alarabiya.net/News/world/2024/04/25/belarus-lukashenko-says-conditions-are-ripe-to-start-russia-ukraine-peace-talks

HOLA4424

Pope Francis calls for 'negotiated' peace in Ukraine

Pope Francis has called for an end to the war in Ukraine, saying that a "negotiated peace is better than a war without end".

The Pope told CBS: "Please. Countries at war, all of them, stop the war. Look to negotiate. Look for peace."

In March, the Pope angered Ukrainian officials after saying Kyiv should have the courage of "the white flag".

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-russia-war-latest-russia-responds-to-polands-claim-it-could-host-nuclear-weapons-12541713

HOLA4425

The Russian advance in the southern part of the village of Ocheretyne had been caused by a rotation that left the area unprotected. The Ukrainian army has come under rare criticism from military analysts for allegedly bungling up a troops rotation that allowed Russia to capture 5km of land, highlighting the strains Kyiv’s forces are under.