House Price Crash Forum

Will Russia invade Ukraine and what happens if it escalates with NATO/US getting involved

coypondboy

HOLA441
34 minutes ago, DiggerUK said:

The Russian Special Military Operation as they describe it started in 2022, the civil war started in 2014. No Russian tanks were in involved in 2014..._

I suggest you go and read up what happend in Ukraine in 2014, particularly Crimea in April and the Donbas in August

• Replies 41.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Staffsknot

• Si1

• rollover

• pig

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442

Pro Putin posts seem to be getting more childish and petulant by the week. For example, "thanks for proving the point" in response to Tony Radakin's comments. In another case, a foreign invasion is described as a civil war. Even rational people Russians would see such comments for what they are. 

I am not qualified on front line matters but there is more to this than square kilometres per day. The evidence is that Ukraine is systematically degrading Russias' capability and moral. This is exposing the disquiet and disunity which clearly lies below the surface in Russia. Generals are being thrown in jail and troops are abandoning their posts. As to what is happening within the power structure is anyone's guess.  

HOLA443
5 minutes ago, 70PC said:

Pro Putin posts seem to be getting more childish and petulant by the week. For example, "thanks for proving the point" in response to Tony Radakin's comments. In another case, a foreign invasion is described as a civil war. Even rational people Russians would see such comments for what they are. 

I am not qualified on front line matters but there is more to this than square kilometres per day. The evidence is that Ukraine is systematically degrading Russias' capability and moral. This is exposing the disquiet and disunity which clearly lies below the surface in Russia. Generals are being thrown in jail and troops are abandoning their posts. As to what is happening within the power structure is anyone's guess.  

Spiderman meme: Cool story... but what was your point exactly? | Spiderman  funny, Spiderman meme, Funny quotes

HOLA444
11 hours ago, rollover said:

This is only beginning, first stage ...

... second will be, after US election campaign begins ... and Biden will close the tab ...

BBC NEWS | Europe | Another battle for Saakashvili

... moment in time after 10 years ...

Emaciated and imprisoned, former Georgian President Saakashvili tells court  he is spiritually fit | National | caledonianrecord.com

Ha, admit this is in your dreams.

Don't worry; one day you'll wake up (unless you ever grow a pair and head for line zero).

HOLA445
14 minutes ago, Drat said:

I suggest you go and read up what happend in Ukraine in 2014, particularly Crimea in April and the Donbas in August

History, you are bad at it, are you not?

2014 Euromaidan, 100 protesters were gunned down in the Maidan uprising, 48 burned alive and over 200 were injured by Euromaidan supporters in the Odessa House of Trade Unions ...

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

I have noticed that there does seem to be a strong correlation between people who:

1. Want to rejoin the EU

2. Support Ukraine

3. Think women can have a p*nis

I'm guessing that the last remaining humans on the planet - after a massive nuclear war - can keep arguing on the above points until they die of radiation sickness.

So it goes...

HOLA449
HOLA4410
7 minutes ago, 70PC said:

Two points.

1. Too many childish posts from the pro Putin lobby.
  2. Analysis from the armchair generals has not taken account of what Russians are doing to themselves 

We had about 2 days of intelligent comment and debate on here which coincidentaly occured during Rollover's temporary ban

HOLA4411
13 minutes ago, steaky said:

I have noticed that there does seem to be a strong correlation between people who:

1. Want to rejoin the EU

2. Support Ukraine

3. Think women can have a p*nis

I'm guessing that the last remaining humans on the planet - after a massive nuclear war - can keep arguing on the above points until they die of radiation sickness.

So it goes...

Vago Per terra candele troll spotted superstizione Forza motrice Obiettore

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
51 minutes ago, 70PC said:

I believe the situation on the ground, as you would expect, is mixed

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
3 hours ago, DiggerUK said:

The Russian Special Military Operation as they describe it started in 2022, the civil war started in 2014. No Russian tanks were in involved in 2014..._

Russias invasion of Ukraine started in 2014.

HOLA4419
2 hours ago, 70PC said:

Nobody knows how its 'really' going. Good or bad there is an expectation that this part of the war will be slow and bloody and the spectrum of opinion runs from a couple of months to a couple of years for 'something' decisive or conclusive.

However it sounds like the Trolls are worried about reporting on the war, and Russia itself is threatening a nuclear incident so it does come across that Russia perceives a risk.

HOLA4420
3 minutes ago, pig said:

Nobody knows how its 'really' going. Good or bad there is an expectation that this part of the war will be slow and bloody and the spectrum of opinion runs from a couple of months to a couple of years for 'something' decisive or conclusive.

However it sounds like the Trolls are worried about reporting on the war, and Russia itself is threatening a nuclear incident so it does come across that Russia perceives a risk.

Exactly right. The nuclear issue is evidence of desparation. I am also certain Putin will be out office in minutes if he tries to go anywhere near the nuclear button. Rational heads within his regime will appreciate the consequences of doing this even if he doesn't. 

HOLA4421
1 hour ago, 70PC said:

Exactly right. The nuclear issue is evidence of desparation. I am also certain Putin will be out office in minutes if he tries to go anywhere near the nuclear button. Rational heads within his regime will appreciate the consequences of doing this even if he doesn't. 

The consequence of going nuclear being Russia and Russians being erased from history 

Meantime Russia is running out of tanks sending more ww2 relics

Edited by yelims

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
19 hours ago, DarkHorseWaits-NoMore said:

+1 agree

4-Phuck-sake, this thread has become even more embarrassing now, like primary school playground squabbles.
Na na na Na na, seriously immature and ignorant tribal dogmatic shite.

Yes there have been stupid comments. Most have come from Putin supporters. Why anyone supports him is beyond me and your post trivialises the serious comment. Putin has sent men to invade and kill people on  foreign soil. He will not win. Family and friends on both sides will condemn him for decades. 

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
8 hours ago, DiggerUK said:

Yes, that reminds me of the Polish civil war which happened when Hitler invaded their country. And the Chinese civil war when the Japanese invaded too. And the Kuwaiti civil war when Saddam invaded. And the Anglo-Saxon civil war when the Vikings invaded here.

Funny how peaceful people of a country start shooting each other when they are invaded isn't it?

Was WW2 a just war?