HOLA441
  • Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442

According to the convention Asylum should be sought in the first safe country you pass through. As we're an island we should have little to no asylum going on here beyond agreed international quotas of people from war torn countries or camps which should be a few thousand a year (?) or something like that.

Edited by Warlord

HOLA443
Just now, Warlord said:

According to the convention Asylum should be sought in the first safe country you pass through. As we're an island we should have little to no asylum going on here beyond agreed international quotas of people from war torn countries or camps which should be a few thousand a year (?) or something like that.

We have an obligation to contribute.

I have no problems with that.

However, listen to this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000ktxk

Where, eventually, the reporter took a hardish line on the asylum seeker from Iran, whod sought refuge in the UK from ... France.

Apparently, according to the Iranian, they had a gentleman agreement with the people smuggler to not stay in France, where the French government had housed them.

yeah right ...

In my life time, the pop of iran has risen from 20m (1970) to 81m

Id suggest that, in this case,  Iranians are seeking asylum from other iranians.

HOLA444
HOLA445
Just now, iamnumerate said:

If people are in genuine danger in Iraq/Sri Lanka then I don't have problems with them claiming asylum here.

Although I suppose it could be cheaper and more effective to pay for camps in neighbouring countries.

Hang on,. The convention says they have to claim asylum in the first safe country so how they magically appear in the UK? We should have very little asylum. Would the Japanese put up with the levels we do?  I don;t think so. 

HOLA446
4 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Apparently, according to the Iranian, they had a gentleman agreement with the people smuggler to not stay in France, where the French government had housed them.

yeah right ...

In my life time, the pop of iran has risen from 20m (1970) to 81m

Id suggest that, in this case,  Iranians are seeking asylum from other iranians.

Yeah we should send them back to the safe country of France.  It's ridiculous  No other country would put up with this nonsense i.e see fellow island nation Japan who tolerate very little "immigration" .

Edited by Warlord

HOLA447
3 minutes ago, iamnumerate said:

If people are in genuine danger in Iraq/Sri Lanka then I don't have problems with them claiming asylum here.

Although I suppose it could be cheaper and more effective to pay for camps in neighbouring countries.

IN the case of Sri Lanka, theres an entire state that shares language and culture. Its about ~80miles by boat from Jaffna.

In the case of Iraq, most of the rebels are Shia, so could have sought asylum in Iran.

HOLA448
2 minutes ago, Warlord said:

Yeah we should send them back to the safe country of France.  It's ridiculous  No other country would put up with this nonsense i.e see fellow island nation Japan who tolerate very little "immigration" .

In general I dont think we should accept people from countries where Brits go on holiday.....

Ditto, any country will regular flights into the UK.

if the country can run an airline they it can deal with disgruntled citizens.

HOLA449
Just now, spyguy said:

In general I dont think we should accept people from countries where Brits go on holiday.....

Ditto, any country will regular flights into the UK.

if the country can run an airline they it can deal with disgruntled citizens.

That would be a good start.

Where are all the asylum seekers in AU, NZ, Japan etc? They come here because they get free accommodation and benefits, (including healthcare)  & we're a soft touch.   

HOLA4410
53 minutes ago, shlomo said:

As you get older you seem to be getting more right wing 

Well ... when I was younger, say, 20, the UK did not get much in the way of asylum seekers.

The only notable case I can remember was Ugandan asians, one of which I went to school with.

27000 arrived in the UK. Thats just a months arrival in the UK now ...

HOLA4411
5 minutes ago, Warlord said:

When did this turn into the EDL annual spoons day out?

Oh yes, Japan is well known for limiting immigration - and what happened to their house prices?

HOLA4412
Just now, msi said:

Oh yes, Japan is well known for limiting immigration - and what happened to their house prices?

I'm not a member of EDL, the tories or any political party or group despite your trolling of me I can assure you.

Japans house prices crashed in 1992...

HOLA4413
Just now, Warlord said:

Where are all the asylum seekers in AU, NZ, Japan etc? They come here because they get free accommodation and benefits, (including healthcare)  & we're a soft touch.   

Thee does seem a bit of bias in seeking asylum in countries with welfare states.

Take the case of Somalis in the US. Somehow, by magic, theyve all turned up at the state with the highest welfare.

HOLA4414
2 minutes ago, msi said:

The large number of migrants arriving in the UK, legal or not, are a large part of the BTL story.

A rough estimate is that the UK population has increased by ~15m to 20m since 2000.

HOLA4415
1 minute ago, Warlord said:

I'm not a member of EDL, the tories or any political party or group despite your trolling of me I can assure you.

I think taking a thread titled 'The BTL trolls are bricking it' and taking yet another immigration thread is closer to trolling

Japans house prices crashed in 1992...

and where are they now?

HOLA4416
1 minute ago, Warlord said:

Well Australia banished asylum seekers to the remote Pacific islands of Nauru and Manus. Human Rights people took them to courts, which became a very protracted process. During which time, the numbers trying to arrive in Australia plummeted.

As for Japan - the lack of people learning the language elsewhere is a very significant barrier. Good luck to anyone rocking up there without that and trying to find a job, obtain housing etc.

HOLA4417
1 minute ago, msi said:

I think taking a thread titled 'The BTL trolls are bricking it' and taking yet another immigration thread is closer to trolling

and where are they now?

Well, I do apologise. 

I have no idea about Japans current HP.'s It's actually very hard to find data on them unless you can speak/read the language 

HOLA4418
1 minute ago, spyguy said:

The large number of migrants arriving in the UK, legal or not, are a large part of the BTL story.

A rough estimate is that the UK population has increased by ~15m to 20m since 2000.

Immigration vs Natural birth (aka Vaginashire vs Borderstan) has been covered before.  The figures speak for themselves - only the blind magically 'net off'.

Credit Supply is the primary cause of HPI - stop that and you have instant HPC.  Every prop has been to keep the credit supply alive.

HOLA4419
Just now, msi said:

and where are they now?

Tokyo still cheaper than swathes of England. Can't compare like for like though with the type of accommodation on offer between the two countries being very different.

HOLA4420
Just now, rantnrave said:

Tokyo still cheaper than swathes of England. Can't compare like for like though with the type of accommodation on offer between the two countries being very different.

In the 2nd sentence you've admitted to not comparing apples with apples, and still make a sweeping statement in the first sentence.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Milton Friedman (famous economist) said you can't have open borders and  a welfare state.  I agree with that principle . We should as an island nation have very little immigrants etc and benefits like HB and healthcare should be for Brits only. Its just not sustainable otherwise .

Edited by Warlord

HOLA4423
31 minutes ago, Warlord said:

Hang on,. The convention says they have to claim asylum in the first safe country so how they magically appear in the UK? We should have very little asylum. Would the Japanese put up with the levels we do?  I don;t think so. 

Aeroplanes mean that the first safe country can be, and frequently is, the first safe country. 

An impact of having Heathrow as a global hub airport. 

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
32 minutes ago, spyguy said:

IN the case of Sri Lanka, theres an entire state that shares language and culture. Its about ~80miles by boat from Jaffna.

In the case of Iraq, most of the rebels are Shia, so could have sought asylum in Iran.

There are over 100 Sri Lankan refugee camps in Tamil Nadu. 

I would not recommend that Catholic Iraqi refugees flee to Iran.