Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

The BTL trolls are bricking it !


Recommended Posts

Compulsively posting in every thread that the time to buy is NOW, DON'T MISS OUT !

Enjoy negative equity you BTL trolls, and keep the entertainment coming. :D

 

I suggest that every day we honor their most laughable efforts in this thread. I'll kick things off with this beauty.

 5 hours ago, DannyWebb said:

Have been waiting years for a crash to get out of this rented dump and it looks like no crash until 2021 if it happens at all ?

That was Danny's very first post... :lol::lol::lol:

 

Rest assured, it's going to get worse...

The harder prices fall, the harder they'll troll.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Deckard said:

Enjoy negative equity you BTL trolls, and keep the entertainment coming. :D

It's the reason I've returned actively in 2020 ?

Speed1987 confirmed he's a landlord, which explains an awful lot about his "buy NOW!!" posting.

Link to post
Share on other sites

With a bit of luck Sunak's Stamp Duty bung will temporarily fire up the housing market before it goes into a death spiral.  Incidentally, has anyone noticed the similarity between Sunak and a Don Martin cartoon?

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.explicit.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.jFi78h-hDsGOdCiEtW5Q5wHaKR%26pid%3DApi&f=1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Deckard said:

Compulsively posting in every thread that the time to buy is NOW, DON'T MISS OUT !

Enjoy negative equity you BTL trolls, and keep the entertainment coming. :D

 

I suggest that every day we honor their most laughable efforts in this thread. I'll kick things off with this beauty.

That was Danny's very first post... :lol::lol::lol:

 

Rest assured, it's going to get worse...

The harder prices fall, the harder they'll troll.

Ha, yes, the recent increase in angry-scared bull posting is noticeable. 'Why won't you be reasonable and buy a house at these prices YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE BUYING A HOUSE AT THESE PRICES!!!111'

Link to post
Share on other sites

I do think landlords will take this opportunity and start buying if they are able. They are not getting SDLT removed completely, but they are getting a discount in the form of the basic rate being removed. This is as good an opportunity as they are going to get and they know it.

I also think unsophisticated buyers will jump in and not see the contradiction of paying £20K more to save £5K SDLT.  I know people like this and similar happily ignorant people were giving testimonials on BBC News earlier. They might be saved from their stupidity by lack of mortgage deals on their low deposit. 

What happens in November will be interesting. Furlough is definitely gone and i suspect the weekday £10 restaurant sub and £1k to keep staff on till January isn't going to cut it. SDLT changes will be hailed as a success and could be extended beyond April. This would have the opposite effect by removing the urgency though. HTB could be extended then too.

I was planning to buy Jan/Feb and had my eye on a few places. I think i'll sit this particular boom out and push back my plans till post March. Only adds a few months and i can't see the optimism lasting longer than that.  

Edited by sammersmith
Link to post
Share on other sites

The thought that a VI, someone in negative equity, an EA or a BTLer would waste time posting to this forum is laughable. This forum is pro-HPC which has pretty much a negligible effect on the general public, pretty much due to almost zilch exposure. If I was in such a desperate state for any reason because of property and I was trying to big up the market or anything, there would be absolutely zero point in trying to do it here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect the government thinking is to get the housing market turning as normal by Christmas.  

But it's what lenders do on ftb's and their deposits that decide the house prices. 

Given the stagflation warnings, people won't want their savings in cash, so this could prop the market up for a few months. Alas. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What's actually sad is the fact that the regular guys who post to this forum should have been right. House prices actually should have fallen really hard after 2008. They didn't, because there's been a paradigm shift that they can't understand. Fundamentals don't play a part in any market and haven't for at least 15 years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The real worry for those who don't own a property (yes, own, not mortgaged) is the fear they'll end up holding a bag of worthless fiat, whilst having nowhere to live at the same time (well, I suppose there is that underpass)

Based on this socialist government, it wouldn't surprise me that even those with very large mortgages get to stay in their house regardless.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dreamcasting said:

They didn't, because there's been a paradigm shift that they can't understand. Fundamentals don't play a part in any market and haven't for at least 15 years. 

Do you think this paradigm is with us now and until the end of time? It's been 15 years, and this is a long time, but do you feel this could continue for another 15, or 50, or 100 years? Will there never be enough stimulus that could increase prices and the, increasingly priced out, population will always want higher prices? 

This is an honest question as I often hear people saying that this is a new normal but to my mind 15 years is short in the grand scheme of things, and in the last five years the stimulus seems to lack the boom effect of 2013/14. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Dreamcasting said:

The thought that a VI, someone in negative equity, an EA or a BTLer would waste time posting to this forum is laughable. This forum is pro-HPC which has pretty much a negligible effect on the general public, pretty much due to almost zilch exposure. If I was in such a desperate state for any reason because of property and I was trying to big up the market or anything, there would be absolutely zero point in trying to do it here.

That didn't take long... thanks for proving my point, troll ?

25 minutes ago, Dreamcasting said:

What's actually sad is the fact that the regular guys who post to this forum should have been right. House prices actually should have fallen really hard after 2008. They didn't, because there's been a paradigm shift that they can't understand. Fundamentals don't play a part in any market and haven't for at least 15 years. 

 

14 minutes ago, Dreamcasting said:

The real worry for those who don't own a property (yes, own, not mortgaged) is the fear they'll end up holding a bag of worthless fiat, whilst having nowhere to live at the same time (well, I suppose there is that underpass)

Based on this socialist government, it wouldn't surprise me that even those with very large mortgages get to stay in their house regardless.

Edited by Deckard
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sammersmith said:

Do you think this paradigm is with us now and until the end of time? It's been 15 years, and this is a long time, but do you feel this could continue for another 15, or 50, or 100 years? Will there never be enough stimulus that could increase prices and the, increasingly priced out, population will always want higher prices? 

This is an honest question as I often hear people saying that this is a new normal but to my mind 15 years is short in the grand scheme of things, and in the last five years the stimulus seems to lack the boom effect of 2013/14. 

It's a really good question, but I believe the paradigm shift was strong in the early phases which caused a lot of damage over a relatively short period of time. Not so sure about how long we find ourselves in this new world, except to say that today is very very different to 20 years ago. Personally, I see a lot of deeply damaged people who are really going to struggle over the next few decades, both financially and emotionally.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Dreamcasting said:

I truly feel people's anger on this forum. It's not nice seeing people who don't deserve it get it all, whilst you get nothing.

Thanks for being here for us DC. :wub:

It's really impressive that you spend so much of your valuable time on these boards just to share with us your infinite wisdom, much appreciated. :lol::lol:

Edited by Deckard
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Deckard said:

That didn't take long... thanks for proving my point, troll ?

 

I wonder what attracted Dreamcasting to a thread about BTL trolls.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Dorkins said:

I wonder what attracted Dreamcasting to a thread about BTL trolls.

He's here to save us from a fate worse than death, out of sheer altruism.

th?id=OIP.yIzeLNAoZXSKg-4rrMH8ugHaJ4%26p

DC for PM !!!!

Edited by Deckard
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Deckard said:

He's here to save us from a fate worse than death, out of sheer altruism.

DC for PM !!!!

These trolls could really do with practicing a bit of self-discipline and keeping the mask on for more than 30 seconds. It's a bit obvious what the game is when you get a concerned-for-your-wellbeing post and then 2 posts later they're lashing out with the insults. This new batch is definitely not the creme de la creme of trolls.

Edited by Dorkins
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Dreamcasting said:

I truly feel people's anger on this forum. It's not nice seeing people who don't deserve it get it all, whilst you get nothing. Deckard is a prime example of the have-nots as his above post demonstrates.

Its about I won't invest my money but I also don't want others to invest their money and profit from it. Corbyn followers have same mind set. They can't stand anybody succeeding by taking risk, investing , profiting. Keep watching this space, in 10 years these commies will be saying "I will buy only if prices fall back to 2020 levels". They don't want to take risk in housing but are happy to invest in covid driven investments. Ignore them, their hatred will be rewarded with one more Tory victory until New Labour emerges. Success, planning, patience, risk taking always attracts envy and jealousy. Ignore them. Continue to invest in what you believe and manage the risks. You will succeed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Simhadri said:

Its about I won't invest my money but I also don't want others to invest their money and profit from it. Corbyn followers have same mind set. They can't stand anybody succeeding by taking risk, investing , profiting. Keep watching this space, in 10 years these commies will be saying "I will buy only if prices fall back to 2020 levels". They don't want to take risk in housing but are happy to invest in covid driven investments. Ignore them, their hatred will be rewarded with one more Tory victory until New Labour emerges. Success, planning, patience, risk taking always attracts envy and jealousy. Ignore them. Continue to invest in what you believe and manage the risks. You will succeed.

You are wide of the mark here.  Many of us on this forum have not invested in UK housing but we are invested in the real economy,  own businesses,  have extensive share portfolios etc. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What person in their right mind would buy a house now, to save £3k on stamp duty,  when if they simply wait a few months they'll save twice that in the crash?!

If I ask, are people are that stupid, I mean it rhetoricaly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 415 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.