House Price Crash Forum

The banker exodus

HOLA441

Time running out to prevent banks' Brexit exodus - City of London boss

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-banks-idUKKBN1A218M

meanwhile, we all voted for BrExit to get rid of the scumbags.

"For Britain, a lot is at stake."....what, avoiding another trillion £ bailout of these pointless, useless, unproductive ass*oles ?

Who writes these biased, begging letters for the MSM ?

The free market should prevail and if they want to leave, let them pack back their £1.5 trillion bail outs and then I'll personally start driving the c*nts to the tunnel.

The bankers and the financiers ( sopunds liek May and her husband ) are trying everything to subvert democracy, a subset of these people should be led to a set of gallows and examples set of them, there is no other way to stop their undemocratic treachery IMHO.

The Westminster government, led by the ex-banker wife of the financier will of course do everything in her power to make sure London is protected while the rest of us burn, it can only be a matter of time til the 99% turn on these people in one way or another

If 10s of 1000s of over payed state funded  finance jobs disappear pretty much over night, the london bubble collapse wont be 50%, it'll be 80%.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA442
2 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-banks-idUKKBN1A218M

meanwhile, we all voted for BrExit to get rid of the scumbags.

"For Britain, a lot is at stake."....what, avoiding another trillion £ bailout of these pointless, useless, unproductive ass*oles ?

Who writes these biased, begging letters for the MSM ?

The free market should prevail and if they want to leave, let them pack back their £1.5 trillion bail outs and then I'll personally start driving the c*nts to the tunnel.

The bankers and the financiers ( sopunds liek May and her husband ) are trying everything to subvert democracy, a subset of these people should be led to a set of gallows and examples set of them, there is no other way to stop their undemocratic treachery IMHO.

The Westminster government, led by the ex-banker wife of the financier will of course do everything in her power to make sure London is protected while the rest of us burn, it can only be a matter of time til the 99% turn on these people in one way or another

If 10s of 1000s of over payed state funded  finance jobs disappear pretty much over night, the london bubble collapse wont be 50%, it'll be 80%.

Well if they do leave it'll substantially reduce the public sector wage bill

Edited by Sancho Panza

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
5 minutes ago, maverick73 said:

Correct.

Wrong.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-stop-article-50-leave-eu-politicans-donald-tusk-philippe-lamberts-michel-barnier-european-a7655166.html

The europeans and the establishment will do anything to keep the gravy train going, if that means making up new rules, I'm sure they'd only be too happy.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
20 minutes ago, Roman Roady said:

What about the Parliament vote instigated by Gina Miller? The article 50 act I think it was called. Rees-Mogg states that since there is no majority to repeal this act, we will leave. If we cant agree how by Mar 2019 then we just crash out??

Unless they extend an unhealthy limbo, a default exit is more likely.... 

IMG_3806.PNG

IMG_3807.PNG

HOLA4410

Good riddance and the sooner the better.  I thought they'd all left already - isn't that what they were threatening before.  Is Barclays still here.

Then there'll be all those huge office blocks in the so called City ready to be used for housing until a balanced economy can be established.

Go - and don't ever come back.  Take the BoE and Carney with you.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4411
42 minutes ago, Roman Roady said:

What about the Parliament vote instigated by Gina Miller? The article 50 act I think it was called. Rees-Mogg states that since there is no majority to repeal this act, we will leave. If we cant agree how by Mar 2019 then we just crash out??

Can someone please explain to me what they see in Jacob Rees-Mogg - other than he's pro leave

he's being touted as the Great Right Hope but his wiki bio is unremarkable to say the least

HOLA4412
5 minutes ago, knock out johnny said:

Can someone please explain to me what they see in Jacob Rees-Mogg - other than he's pro leave

People need someone to doff their cap to again.

It's a Downton Abbey/Upstairs Downstairs/Remains of the Day thing. They miss the old days of servitude.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
7 hours ago, knock out johnny said:

he's being touted as the Great Right Hope but his wiki bio is unremarkable to say the least

I disagree with some of what he believes in, espouses, etc BUT......from what I have seen of him he is the sort of politician we could all benefit from having a great more of - across the political spectrum. He is well educated, intelligent, articulate, always calm and composed and can engage in rational civilised debate and, so far as I can glean, not overly wedded to any particular idealogy (his religious views excepted perhaps) that he would not change his mind if presented with facts that counter previously held assumptions/attitudes. I have yet to hear any policy/stance come out of his mouth that does not show reasoned thought behind it - as opposed to the typically commmon knee jerk emotional repsonses of most MPs to all and any issue of the day.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
1 hour ago, Roman Roady said:

So what if we get to thee deadline for the deal in 2018 and we dont have one...possibly because we have wasted 3 - 6months with a GE and have a new government???

Or if we do have an agreement but the various bodies do not approve it?

Do we leave anyhow?

Yes, Gina Millar forced parliament to pass the Article 50 bill. In march 2019 we have to leave.

HOLA4417
4 hours ago, anonguest said:

I disagree with some of what he believes in, espouses, etc BUT......from what I have seen of him he is the sort of politician we could all benefit from having a great more of - across the political spectrum. He is well educated, intelligent, articulate, always calm and composed and can engage in rational civilised debate and, so far as I can glean, not overly wedded to any particular idealogy (his religious views excepted perhaps) that he would not change his mind if presented with facts that counter previously held assumptions/attitudes. I have yet to hear any policy/stance come out of his mouth that does not show reasoned thought behind it - as opposed to the typically commmon knee jerk emotional repsonses of most MPs to all and any issue of the day.

He's in finance. He has no idea of how the other half live. He's a nationalist. He's got the Achilles Heel of being a committed God botherer. He lowers himself to being on HIGNFY to aggrandise and feed his ego. He's an anachronism and revels in projecting his ignorance of the modern world.

Apart from that, he's a great guy - on stage - in a cage.

HOLA4418
4 minutes ago, jonb2 said:

He's in finance. He has no idea of how the other half live. He's a nationalist. He's got the Achilles Heel of being a committed God botherer. He lowers himself to being on HIGNFY to aggrandise and feed his ego. He's an anachronism and revels in projecting his ignorance of the modern world.

What one of the 650 are you talking about, could you narrow it down please :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

HOLA4419
4 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

What one of the 650 are you talking about, could you narrow it down please :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

It was Rees-Mogg Count. But now you have pointed it out - it does apply to almost all of our great leaders.

You now got me thinking about cloning and The Boys from Brazil:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077269/

Edited by jonb2

HOLA4420

Please elaborate/explain why each of the particular criticisms 'disqualify' him from being capable of being a good MP or leader?......

Does being 'in finance' automatically mean he is somehow unable to grasp or propose workable solutions to the diverse range of socio-economic issues that MPs are expected to ponder and deliberate on? At the very least it means he is numerate and has better grasp of finance and economics than many other MPs of the former school teacher, social worker, union activist type.

Being a 'nationalist' surely means he can be counted upon to put Britains interests first before those of other nations? I don't know abut you but when I vote at general elections I do expecting that, by and large, my MP will represent my interests and not those of my counterparts in Taiwan, Cyprus, Uganda or anywhere else in the world. But I realise that may well not sit well with many PC/SJW types who dream of a one world government, one world currency.....

Being a practicing Catholic hardly warrants being called a 'God botherer' - and I say that as a, figuratively speaking, card carrying aetheist.  He's hardly in "the end of the world is nigh. Repent all ye sins" class.  So his views on Gay marriage may not align with yours? So what? I don't share his views on that either. No ones perfect. So one imperfection means all else he says must automatically be shut from ones ears?

So 'being on HIGNFY' somehow demeans the public office he holds? How so? Surely it makes him less remote/detached and more a person of the people? And how many MPs in parliament will we have to ignore/shut out from being listened too because they have appeared on a comedic TV show?  Bear in mind that HIGNFY, compared with all the other dross on TV these days, is relatively erudite and covers currents affairs and politics - which is after all his bread and butter! Where would you expect to see him on TV? A baking show?

Is being ' an anachronism' a euphemism for 'being different' and/or perhaps not automatically saying/thinking what the majority of the crowd is? If so then good! We need diversity of opinions to ensure that 'accepted wisdoms' are periodically challenged and queried to at least ensure they are justified and valid. Remember the old adage, "when eveyone is thinking the same, no one is thinking"!

And what exactly is ' his ignorance of the modern world'?  Not knowing what an iPad or HTML is? or who is number one in the pop charts? IF the latter then so what!?

Edited by anonguest

HOLA4421
23 minutes ago, jonb2 said:

Quite - I appreciate it's anonguest's personal opinion -

mogg offers next to nothing as a leader other than more "Brexit means Brexit". He's more of a PG Wodehouse creation (which he seems to revel) than a leader capable of steering britain in the 21st century

HOLA4422
18 minutes ago, anonguest said:

Please elaborate/explain why each of the particular criticisms 'disqualify' him from being capable of being a good MP or leader?......

Does being 'in finance' automatically mean he is somehow unable to grasp or propose workable solutions to the diverse range of socio-economic issues that MPs are expected to ponder and deliberate on? At the very least it means he is numerate and has better grasp of finance and economics than many other MPs of the former school teacher, social worker, union activist type.

Being a 'nationalist' surely means he can be counted upon to put Britains interests first before those of other nations? I don't know abut you but when I vote at general elections I do expecting that, by and large, my MP will represent my interests and not those of my counterparts in Taiwan, Cyprus, Uganda or anywhere else in the world. But I realise that may well not sit well with many PC/SJW types who dream of a one world government, one world currency.....

Being a practicing Catholic hardly warrants being called a 'God botherer' - and I say that as a, figuratively speaking, card carrying aetheist.  He's hardly in "the end of the world is nigh. Repent all ye sins" class.  So his views on Gay marriage may not align with yours? So what? I don't share his views on that either. No ones perfect. So one imperfection means all else he says must automatically be shut from ones ears?

So 'being on HIGNFY' somehow demeans the public office he holds? How so? Surely it makes him less remote/detached and more a person of the people? And how many MPs in parliament will we have to ignore/shut out from being listened too because they have appeared on a comedic TV show?  Bear in mind that HIGNFY, compared with all the other dross on TV these days, is relatively erudite and covers currents affairs and politics - which is after all his bread and butter! Where would you expect to see him on TV? A baking show?

Is being ' an anachronism' a euphemism for 'being different' and/or perhaps not automatically saying/thinking what the majority of the crowd is? If so then good! We need diversity of opinions to ensure that 'accepted wisdoms' are periodically challenged and queried to at least ensure they are justified and valid. Remember the old adage, "when eveyone is thinking the same, no one is thinking"!

And what exactly is ' his ignorance of the modern world'?  Not knowing what an iPad or HTML is? or who is number one in the pop charts? IF the latter then so what!?

1) What has anybody in finance ever done for us? You want more of the current utopian status-quo?

2) He is a nationalist of the worst kind. He still thinks in terms of the old Great Britain, when we had an empire. Next to catholicism, our glorious history of empire is his other religion.

3) Tony Blair and George Bush were also God botherers.

4) Only the faux quaintness of ignorance of 'all things now' - it's his thing. I have never seen him argue about worthwhile.

5) Being an anachronism means he lives in another time. We need a person for now and the real world.

6) See 5

HOLA4423

He's fundamentally against equality. He's a member of the ruling class and likes it that way. 

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/24926/jacob_rees-mogg/north_east_somerset/votes

Doesn't want to stop climate change, wants to sell our forests, pro badger cull, anti low emission power generation, wants lower corporation tax, anti smoking ban, pro austerity etc etc

All while punting out 6 junior Where's Wally clones, doubtless at least one of whom will continue the tradition of subjugating the next generation. And so it goes.

But I'm sure he's simply wonderful at supper parties darling, and just feels the most empathy for us poor proles. 

HOLA4424
HOLA4425