House Price Crash Forum

Theresa May | Statement at 11:15am

M21er

HOLA441
7 minutes ago, rollover said:

She dodged the question, like she always does.

Another barely informed member of the public who can just about string a sentence together, she finds 2 in one day, all seems staged to me.

She really is awful, i just cant believe the polls that she is going to walk it. I had a bet last time on the Libs to get under 10MPs at 20/1 i bet on Brexit at 8/1 so i like to think i've got my finger on the pulse ... surely i can't be so wrong about this rather odd woman and her wretched govt.

They are far better organised than Corbyn and more polished but Corbyns policies on everything apart from Brexit and immigration are arguably what the plebs want. Pity Labour are too thick to see this.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Labour is considering a land value tax

From their manifesto

“initiate a review into reforming council tax and business rates and consider new options, such as a land value tax, to ensure local government has sustainable funding for the long term”.

HOLA443
20 hours ago, brit1234 said:

Theresa May cornered by a SECOND angry voter - this time about well-off families grabbing government housing help

A man in Abingdon was upset that the Help To Buy housing policy benefited well-off families more than ordinary working people - and he's right

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/theresa-cornered-second-angry-voter-10427734

Thersa May just doesn't get it, praising help to buy and shared ownership to angry pensioner.

Cameron would have been proud of her glib support of the scheme and her glib response to the question.

Edited by billybong

HOLA444
1 hour ago, slawek said:

Labour is considering a land value tax

From their manifesto

“initiate a review into reforming council tax and business rates and consider new options, such as a land value tax, to ensure local government has sustainable funding for the long term”.

Yet another review to add to the many thousands of reviews, reports and white papers etc etc on those subjects and already stacked up on government shelves and elsewhere all around the country.  If they don't know the fine details of their proposals by now then they never will.

Time wasters.

The other lots are no better of course.

Edited by billybong

HOLA445

Must say that the election has been relatively free of Project Fear style campaigning so far - ok there's been a couple of Corbyn will officially be a disaster comments but nothing compared to the eu referendum from either side so far.  

They must try harder.

Of course in any event it's always too much to expect reasoned discussion and debate to properly inform people from the UK political parties.

Edited by billybong

HOLA446
7 minutes ago, fru-gal said:

General election 2017: The mystery of the three million 'extra' voters

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-39922798

Not quite the Tower Hamlets extra votes.

The EU vote energised people who would not normally vote.

My take on Brexit is still that ~10% are hard leavers -Colonel Blimp types, 20% are hard Euers - its great! The other 70% are 'mwah-ish'. About 40% woul have gone along with voting In, 30% would have not voted.

Come the vote, a lot of the 30% non voters were energised bythe number of EEer migrants so voted. Ditto  for he mwah-ers - they voted out.

HOLA447

'You won't have to sell your home to pay for care': Theresa May vows bill can be deferred until after death but tens of thousands more will be forced to pay and winter fuel benefit will be axed for millions Daily Mail

What group of voters she is actually targeting? I doubt this will be popular with older and wealthier Tories supporters.

HOLA448
11 minutes ago, rollover said:

What group of voters she is actually targeting? I doubt this will be popular with older and wealthier Tories supporters.

The UK is bankrupt. Housing is the last remaining pot of nominal wealth untapped by the state.

Alas, this also implies that hpi is still very much a part of the Tory economic agenda.

HOLA449

The UK is bankrupt. Housing is the last remaining pot of nominal wealth untapped by the state.

Alas, this also implies that hpi is still very much a part of the Tory economic agenda.

Yes. It's also a sop to the Care Home companies, who finance the Tory party.

"Trebles All Round", as they say in Private Eye.....

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Tory Philip Hammond skewered in BBC interview as he gets his figures in a major muddle

The Chancellor didn't appear to have full grasp of the figures when he went on the radio to have a pop at Labour's manifesto. Tory Chancellor Philip Hammond went on the radio to attack Labour's manifesto - but ended up getting his own figures in a muddle.

Mr Hammond claims there's a £58 billion hole in Labour's funding - but didn't appear to know the true cost of HS2 - the major rail project linking London with Leeds, Birmingham and the East Midlands.

Asked for the cost of the major project by the BBC’s John Humphrys, Hammond said: "About £32 billion."

Humphrys said: "£32 billion? Not £52 billion?"

A flustered Hammond replied: "Er it's...over...I mean...there's a huge amount of contingency built in to the budgeting for these projects."

"And they're usually met, these contingencies, aren't they?" Humphrys shot back.

"These things almost always cost more than we expect." Mirror

They can't be serious with 150 + majority.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Jeremy Corbyn calls on Theresa May to drop 'anti-pensioner package'

Manifesto targeting of pensions, winter fuel allowance and social care is attempt to set young against old.

Theresa May should drop the “anti-pensioner package” in the Conservative manifesto, Jeremy Corbyn is to say, as controversial plans to means test the winter fuel allowance cause division within her party. Guardian

They are all untrustworthy.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
4 hours ago, The Knimbies who say No said:

Wonder how many of Labour's recent new membership spike will have enjoyed Corbyn guaranteeing the triple lock yet being extremely vague on private renters' rights. Don't see the logic in that tbh.

Theres a certain smartness to Cons move.

Now you have Labour banging about protecting ott pensioners benefit and the richer members of society. 

Cons on the side of the younger, poorer, put upon voters.

Its a good trap, and moron Corbyn runs right into it.

Oh fvk tintins just been quoted on radio. Appartently Con are hard haeted and 100k policy dreamt up by southern tories and dont know about Northern voters. Itll affe t sputhern people, everyone kniws that you moron esp. Northerners. Totally fcking nuts. Ends with tintin say he likes football shgging burds, and a punchup every saturday.

HOLA4423
7 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Theres a certain smartness to Cons move.

Now you have Labour banging about protecting ott pensioners benefit and the richer members of society. 

Cons on the side of the younger, poorer, put upon voters.

Its a good trap, and moron Corbyn runs right into it.

Oh fvk tintins just been quoted on radio. Appartently Con are hard haeted and 100k policy dreamt up by southern tories and dont know about Northern voters. Itll affe t sputhern people, everyone kniws that you moron esp. Northerners. Totally fcking nuts. Ends with tintin say he likes football shgging burds, and a punchup every saturday.

I think Tories are for comfortable majority, but  it is not really the 150+ avalanche they hoped for when they called the snap election.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425