House Price Crash Forum

Trigger For House Price Correction?

HOLA441
Where did I say I trust Iran? I merely think Iran represents a limited threat to the UK. If they start lobbing missiles at Israel I believe they can expect some retaliation from both Israel and the US.

The flaw in your logic is that you assume that Iranian leaders would be worried about a possible retaliation strike from the US. Most sensible people would but the mad mullahs in Tehran? Hmm, let me see...

Would a leadership that got children as young as 7 and 8 to walk across minefields worry about a nuclear attack? Would a leadership that sent hundreds of thousands of children and teenagers against Iraqi machine gun defences worry about a nuclear strike? Would a leadership that has schools, and funds schools elsewhere in the Middle East, that teaches children as young as 4 or 5 to hate the West and that dying as a suicide bomber is the most important thing they can do worry about a nuclear attack?

They do not care about their own people! In their twisted minds bringing nuclear armageddon on the World is some kind of fulfilment of their own mad rantings and wisted beliefs.

HOLA442

Well, bluntly, I suggest you read up on what the mad mullahs of Iran have been doing in the past 25 years - basically sponsoring international terrorism around the World. They have been responsible for funding some of the most anti Western terrorist organisations currently in the World who have killed numerous people in numerous plane & ship hi-jackings: the kidnapping, horrendous torture and murder of countless individuals; mass bomb explosions which have killed hundreds of US Marines in Beirut - it is terrible. The list goes on and on.

Perhaps the worst single atrocity is the kidnapping and torture of a CIA analyst whilst in Beirut in the mid 1980s. He was tortured for well over a year, 18 months I recall before his body gave out, with video tapes of his torture being regularly delivered to third parties so that the US Government could see what was happening to this poor man. It was not a pretty site and, frankly, if those tapes were ever shown on national television then I am certain that Public opinion in the West would realise fully what evil lies at the heart of the Iranian mad mullahs.

These people - the mad mullahs - are so mad, so obsessed with hating the West and so downright evil that they basically were quite happy to kill hundreds of thousands of their own children in the war against Iraq - they used to send children with no guns against the Iraqi trenches and it was common for them to send children as young as 7 or 8 to walk across known minefields so that they could use their own bodies to destroy the mines.

Now, the sad thing is that your average Iranian citizen is no different to any other Human Being - they have all the same fears and hopes as the rest of us - but the mad mullahs, the die-hard fundalmentalists, hate us with a venom that will only be sated when they have killed EVERY single Westerner on the planet.

Trust me, none of us will be safe if the Iranians get their hands on nuclear technology - NONE of us! What we are seeing now is basically the result of 25 years of them trying to obtain weapons of mass destruction be they nuclear or biological.

TMT putting on his Military Intelligence hat from the 1980s.

Ah! Snap!

HOLA443

The flaw in your logic is that you assume that Iranian leaders would be worried about a possible retaliation strike from the US. Most sensible people would but the mad mullahs in Tehran? Hmm, let me see...

Would a leadership that got children as young as 7 and 8 to walk across minefields worry about a nuclear attack? Would a leadership that sent hundreds of thousands of children and teenagers against Iraqi machine gun defences worry about a nuclear strike? Would a leadership that has schools, and funds schools elsewhere in the Middle East, that teaches children as young as 4 or 5 to hate the West and that dying as a suicide bomber is the most important thing they can do worry about a nuclear attack?

They do not care about their own people! In their twisted minds bringing nuclear armageddon on the World is some kind of fulfilment of their own mad rantings and wisted beliefs.

I quite agree that if Iran had nuclear weapons and ICBMs they would pose a threat to the US. But they don't.

Do you believe we should arrange a pre-emptive invasion to prevent any possible development of these technologies?

HOLA444

Did you know buses only do 6-7mpg and give out copious amounts of NOx and soot, if you see a bus with less than 20 people on it then they'd be doing less harm to the environment if all of them hopped in half a dozen cars instead.

Most people travel in 1s or 2s in cars. Does your argument still hold if you have 19 people travelling in 15 cars?

HOLA445

How can you trust such a regime without feeling naïve? You have to ask them “What exactly are you doing?”.

Im a true blu Tory, but I beleive Iran should be allowed to go Nuclear.

The religious right in America are the truly dangerous gang, and they have whatever energy / weapons they desire.

Israel & Pakistan have Nuclear, so should Iran, its natural justice.

The Iranian middle classes are being driven into the fundamentalists arms due to the hypochrasy of America.

Imagine if the world told us we couldnt have Nuclear, how would we feel?

HOLA446

Well, bluntly, I suggest you read up on what the mad mullahs of Iran have been doing in the past 25 years - basically sponsoring international terrorism around the World. They have been responsible for funding some of the most anti Western terrorist organisations currently in the World who have killed numerous people in numerous plane & ship hi-jackings: the kidnapping, horrendous torture and murder of countless individuals; mass bomb explosions which have killed hundreds of US Marines in Beirut - it is terrible. The list goes on and on.

Perhaps the worst single atrocity is the kidnapping and torture of a CIA analyst whilst in Beirut in the mid 1980s. He was tortured for well over a year, 18 months I recall before his body gave out, with video tapes of his torture being regularly delivered to third parties so that the US Government could see what was happening to this poor man. It was not a pretty site and, frankly, if those tapes were ever shown on national television then I am certain that Public opinion in the West would realise fully what evil lies at the heart of the Iranian mad mullahs.

These people - the mad mullahs - are so mad, so obsessed with hating the West and so downright evil that they basically were quite happy to kill hundreds of thousands of their own children in the war against Iraq - they used to send children with no guns against the Iraqi trenches and it was common for them to send children as young as 7 or 8 to walk across known minefields so that they could use their own bodies to destroy the mines.

Now, the sad thing is that your average Iranian citizen is no different to any other Human Being - they have all the same fears and hopes as the rest of us - but the mad mullahs, the die-hard fundalmentalists, hate us with a venom that will only be sated when they have killed EVERY single Westerner on the planet.

Trust me, none of us will be safe if the Iranians get their hands on nuclear technology - NONE of us! What we are seeing now is basically the result of 25 years of them trying to obtain weapons of mass destruction be they nuclear or biological.

TMT putting on his Military Intelligence hat from the 1980s.

Who the f*** in their right mind do you think thinks these guys are ok? They want to screw the west overtly and with violence (and with a fair chunk of the oil over there economics too). We do it to others covertly on a daily basis with economics and occasionally some violence too - the CIA in whatever guise have been responsible for some pretty horrific acts over the last 50 years.

Fine the Iranians leaders are a bunch of dicks. What's new? There is far more fundamentalism in Pakistan so why aren't we dealing with them?

We aren't the good guys, just the better out of two c**ts.

HOLA447

Most people travel in 1s or 2s in cars. Does your argument still hold if you have 19 people travelling in 15 cars?

When people get to their destination in a car they turn off the engine, when those 19 people get off the bus it then trundles on for miles with little or no passengers.

Cars also take a direct route hopefully without constant braking, stopping and starting (buses have to do this as a matter of course), and are thus more efficient if they can sit at a given number of revs.

Also, if people can't physically carry their shopping on the bus do you recommend sending out a Tesco's Direct lorry on a special 20 mile detour specifically for one customer... or do you reakon it would be better for the customer to simply shove it all in the boot of their all in one journey back from work?

Edited by BuyingBear

HOLA448

When people get to their destination in a car they turn off the engine, when those 19 people get off the bus it then trundles on for miles with little or no passengers.

Cars also take a direct route hopefully without constant braking, stopping and starting (buses have to do this as a matter of course), and are thus more efficient if they can sit at a given number of revs.

Is that a 'yes', a 'no' or a 'don't know", then?

HOLA449

If the Iranians are so terrible then why has the UK and the US be doing business with them over the past couple of years, and opened up diplomatic relations?.

Oh yes, I just remembered it suits the US and poodle Blair to badmouth them now cos George Snr decided he didnt like them cos they got all his oil Wah Wah Wah !!!.

It beggars belief that anyone can believe and write this c***p in defense of Iran whose leader has publicly stated that he wants to wipe a neighbour state off the face of the earth and demonstrated his desire to build nuclear weapons. Laurejon clearly has a deep seated hatred for Bush and Blair, but whatever you might think of them opening up a dialogue and business and diplomatic relations has to be a better bet than mouthing of hatred and trying to build atomic bombs........some fresh thinking required here buddy.........

HOLA4410

Is that a 'yes', a 'no' or a 'don't know", then?

Who knows what will happen to any given bus, if all the people get off and the bus is left driving around the city with no passengers constantly stopping and starting then whatever has been saved is then instantly wasted, I see buses with nobody on them directly followed by two other buses with maybe 2-3 people on them, each bus doing 6-7mpg and belching out asthma inducing NOx, toxins, particulates. If buses are meant to be some some sort of panacea then it's a pretty shabby solution, not least because they have to sit in all the same traffic as cars, and actively create disruptions.

Buses are subsidised, they do not have to reflect any market realities, that includes the damage they do to the environment.

Maybe trams are the answer, they used to run in most cities on their own dedicated route, shame the vested interests brought about their destruction because they didn't use enough oil or pneumatic tyres.

Edited by BuyingBear

HOLA4411

As much as I would hope for I just can't see things changing, despite all the figures we hear today.

Until the government steps in & hits all the BTLrs hard with tax hikes for having multiple properties to the affect that their yields will become tiny forcing them to sell

If we have a UK wide recession which hits all industries no one will be able to buy because will all be waving our UB40's.

HOLA4412

Some Iranians might have approved of 9/11 - if I was Iranian who'd watched the Americans fund and arm Saddam Hussein, I might just have a teensy-weensy grudge against them too.

Iran is not alone in having religious nutters - I can think of a nuclear power where a significant proportion of the population consider the Earth to be 6000 years old, and that Noah had brontosauri sticking their necks out of his ark...

George Bush believes in the reality of Armageddon.

HOLA4413

It beggars belief that anyone can believe and write this c***p in defense of Iran whose leader has publicly stated that he wants to wipe a neighbour state off the face of the earth and demonstrated his desire to build nuclear weapons. Laurejon clearly has a deep seated hatred for Bush and Blair, but whatever you might think of them opening up a dialogue and business and diplomatic relations has to be a better bet than mouthing of hatred and trying to build atomic bombs........some fresh thinking required here buddy.........

The Iranian theocracy is brutal, they cut off limbs, gouge out eyes and stone to death as punishment for misdemeanors like adultery. I would love to see those cleric f**ks locked up.

The statements we hear second hand form Iran I have a problem with. Has anyone seen a video of this or any other speech in its context and had it translated? No, then I would take whatever is reported objectively.

Now, Russia is playing a big part in the development of nuclear power with Iran, they have some well establish sites, billions has been invested.

Is it so unbelievable that Iran may want to see it through?

Lets not forget which country has actually used nuclear weapons against civilians, the banks that have funded the wars of the last hundred years and those dealing in weapons.

As for 9/11, I don't believe anyone except the US had anything to do with it.

Edited by dom

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

I don't think they are smart enough to have done it on their own, they must have been helped by reptilian humanoids.

Baaaaaaah! :rolleyes:

http://www.question911.com/linkout.php?filename=Loose Change - A Documentary on 911 Part 1.wmv

http://www.question911.com/linkout.php?filename=Loose Change - A Documentary on 911 Part 2.wmv

So le me see - worldwide demand for oil increases forcing prices up (from an already unpecedented level)

worldwide and in particular UK demand for housing increases forcing prices down????? now that makes sense - well it does if you have been indoctrinated by HPC.

Houses are only worth what people can borrow to pay for them, it's in the hands of the banks.

HOLA4417

I don't know why anyone here is exercised about Iran getting or not getting nuclear weapons. Israel will not allow it to happen. They will do exactly what they did to the Iraqi facility. As soon as Iran has spent the necessary millions building the facility - as soon as they are anywhere near actually having nuclear weapons - Israel will destroy their facilities.

It really is that simple. From the Israeli point of view it is simply essential. They know Iran would launch a pre-emptive strike sooner or later so they will defend themselves by never allowing it to happen.

Mind you they're very holy fellahs them mullahs. Men of God every last one of them.

Ha! haaaaah!

HOLA4418

I suggest some people need to do some historical research as to why there is so much support in Iran regards hard line anti US and Israeli factions. Try typing SAVAK into google, never mind I've saved you the trouble SAVAK

If other countries installed a puppet regime in the UK and then set up an internal intelligance agency that totured or killed you or your family, I dare say you would cross them off your Xmas card list. :ph34r:

HOLA4419

I don't know why anyone here is exercised about Iran getting or not getting nuclear weapons. Israel will not allow it to happen. They will do exactly what they did to the Iraqi facility. As soon as Iran has spent the necessary millions building the facility - as soon as they are anywhere near actually having nuclear weapons - Israel will destroy their facilities.

It really is that simple. From the Israeli point of view it is simply essential. They know Iran would launch a pre-emptive strike sooner or later so they will defend themselves by never allowing it to happen.

Mind you they're very holy fellahs them mullahs. Men of God every last one of them.

Ha! haaaaah!

You may be right about this but I think the Iranians nay have planned for an attack by Israel on their shiney new facility.

The Iranians don't really need a missile to hit any country on earth all they need is a van and they can drive it into any city they want and flick the switch. They are not worried about a response from the West. We are more scared of using a nuc than of having a crackpot state use one on our drones. And if we were to respond can you imagine the years of recriminations, committees, reports, reviews, court cases etc. I don't know what would be more unbearable the bombing or the media's glee at their use.