House Price Crash Forum

The Euros 2016

OnionTerror

HOLA441
  • Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

It's all very reminiscent of the Charles Atlas adverts.

4531750940_455c96cc79_o.jpg

Apart from the problems inside the stadium the media reports of Russian fans in black clothing and black balaclavas attacking English fans with knives in the street were very concerning - and so far apparently with impunity.

That advert isn't quite as old as you would think, i seem to remember it being run in the British press, possibly late 70s.

HOLA443

Risky business for these Russians if they push it too far ? Russia clearly has a very different attitude in general to this sort of thing. However if some fans push things to the point where Russia are actually chucked out and there is a risk to them hosting the World Cup in 2018 ? I can't imagine them getting a heros welcome in Moscow upon their return ?

There's also the small matter of them being banned from the Olympics for doping. I doubt they'll be the last.

HOLA444

There's also the small matter of them being banned from the Olympics for doping. I doubt they'll be the last.

They've not been banned from the Olympics yet have they ? I know its been talked about though.

HOLA445

That advert isn't quite as old as you would think, i seem to remember it being run in the British press, possibly late 70s.

Indeed. Apparently he died in 1972 so maybe it didn't carry on long after that. I haven't seen the advert for a long time (likely since the 70s) but I don't buy traditional newspapers now - just check the headlines in passing.

HOLA446
HOLA447

Sorry Pal but the court has spoken.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36530789

Was that the lad alleged to have thrown a plastic bottle? Did he plead guilty and what to?

I don't know how French law works, but couldn't they plead not guilty and agree to come back for trial at a later date?

Or would they have to be put on remand for months?

Excuse my asking the forum, none of our leading 'journalists' explain this at all.

HOLA448

Was that the lad alleged to have thrown a plastic bottle? Did he plead guilty and what to?

I don't know how French law works, but couldn't they plead not guilty and agree to come back for trial at a later date?

Or would they have to be put on remand for months?

Excuse my asking the forum, none of our leading 'journalists' explain this at all.

Yes a "plastic cup" allegedly.

No idea of french law

HOLA449

They should be thrown out. Effectively they are professional hooligans which the Russian state tolerates.

Can you imagine what would happen if English fans had training videos promoting themselves. We immediately be banned.

UEFA have got themselves into a real problem as European hooliganism has been ignored whilst the focus is always on the English d1cks who are just p155ed up idiots.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Russian 'ultras' attack English and Welsh fans as 'hyper violent' thugs ignore UEFA threat to ban their country from Euro 2016

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/14/euro-2016-russia-world-cup-2018-football-politics-angel-maria-villar-llona

Villar Llona is currently interim head of Uefa. He is officially in charge of this tournament. He will present the trophy to the winners on 10 July. His eye is on everything that passes here. Villar Llona also has another important job. In his spare time he’s the Fifa bureau chairman of Russia 2018.

Just digest that for a moment. The head of Uefa, a body tasked with resolving Russia’s and England’s disciplinary problems while at the mercy of a vast breaking wave of interests, is also Fifa head of Russia’s World Cup.

Russia has a really deep problem and it's clearly only going to get worse and the political corruption is going to allow it. English fans are an embarrassing, but the Russians have taken it to a whole new level now and UEFA really doesn't give a crap and at some point I think we'll see people being killed on the street and UEFA will just offer a shrug.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Russian 'ultras' attack English and Welsh fans as 'hyper violent' thugs ignore UEFA threat to ban their country from Euro 2016

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/14/euro-2016-russia-world-cup-2018-football-politics-angel-maria-villar-llona

Russia has a really deep problem and it's clearly only going to get worse and the political corruption is going to allow it. English fans are an embarrassing, but the Russians have taken it to a whole new level now and UEFA really doesn't give a crap and at some point I think we'll see people being killed on the street and UEFA will just offer a shrug.

Perhaps this has been organised? For the past 2 - 3 years Russia has been testing NATO by flying aircraft towards NATO borders, ships towards, NATO shores. Last week NATO had a big exercise in Poland.

This is just another test. Another way to stress-test and see how we respond.

HOLA4417

Perhaps this has been organised? For the past 2 - 3 years Russia has been testing NATO by flying aircraft towards NATO borders, ships towards, NATO shores. Last week NATO had a big exercise in Poland.

Yep. The real answer is to issue bans to any country that doesn't tackle the problem seriously. Whilst we haven't eradicated the problem the worst offenders can't travel, Russia it appears is having trials to find it's best hooligans and then sending them to France, I don't think the geo-political element can be ignored the Russian security services if they wanted could make life very difficult of these individuals and I doubt there is one single Russian police spotter looking for their known hooligans.

HOLA4418

Well they'd better be careful or they might find themselves on the wrong side of a candle-lit vigil.

Don't they know who they're messing with? we have hashtags and we're not afraid to use them

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Lille is located a short distance from the French & Belgian ferry ports.

Easily accessible for day trippers from the UK.

There must be many more English fans coming over who couldn't get to Marseille in the South of France.

Even without tickets, can they stop people travelling, if you say you are going on holiday?

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived